SEC 2019-2020 discussion | Page 22 | The Boneyard

SEC 2019-2020 discussion

Reaction Score
Arkansas freshmen. She averaged around 8 points in conference play. I would need to go check a couple of the other players but many of them averaged double figure scoring in conference play.

Briggs averaged 15 pts and led her team in scoring.
Rickea averaged 16.5 pts and led her team in scoring.

Blackwell had 17.5 pts per game and Franks had 12.5 pts per game to lead their team.

Cook and Boston averaged over 13 a game in conference play

Horston averaged 9.9 with a bunch of assists. I don’t know loves conference numbers but she has put up over 10 points in most the games I saw her. Not sure who you would knock off the list for Daniels

Do you feel like she got snubbed? In the few times I seen her play she was solid but I wasn’t amazed by her.

Reaction Score
Do you feel like she got snubbed? In the few times I seen her play she was solid but I wasn’t amazed by her.

She’s a good player but not good enough to knock any of the current kids out.

They got the selections right

Reaction Score
She’s a good player but not good enough to knock any of the current kids out.

They got the selections right

I feel as though Brea Beal could have made the list. She doesn’t average the points but she gets rebounds and steals and defends the opponents best players on a nightly basis. I thought for sure she’d be All-defense. Guess I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Not sure who you would knock off the list for Daniels

I think that's not an unfair point. I think all of the players on the list are pretty awesome, tbh. But numbers are more than just points. Daniels started every game (all year), scored 7.9 pts/game in conference (on a team with Alexis Tolefree, Chelsea Dungee, and Amber Ramirez ... meaning that she was not out there to score points), had an almost 2-1 Ast/TO ratio, shot 48% from the floor (incl 50% from 3), 79% from FT line, had 1.5 steals/game, and only had 23 TO's in SEC play as the starting PG (almost as many steals as TO -- 20 vs 23 -- in conference play from the PG is pretty impressive, imo). Daniels was also frequently assigned the other team's top guard on defense. She was fantastic in that role, as well. Love is great, but she hasn't been a starter all season, shoots under 20% from 3 (which I get isn't really her game), and 65% FTs.

If pushed, I would put Daniels on over Love -- though I think Love is going to be a stud for Vandy. Starting PG on a #3/4/5/6 team in the conference versus a highly valued sub/late season starter for the #12 team in conference.

Certainly understand that others can disagree.

Reaction Score
I feel as though Brea Beal could have made the list. She doesn’t average the points but she gets rebounds and steals and defends the opponents best players on a nightly basis. I thought for sure she’d be All-defense. Guess I was wrong.

I thought Beal was great, too. Esp on defense.

Reaction Score
I just listened to a radio interview with Madison Hayes (MSU signee and McD AA). Did not realize that she is Rhyne Howard's cousin. Rhyne's dad and Madison's mom are first cousins.

Reaction Score
I think that's not an unfair point. I think all of the players on the list are pretty awesome, tbh. But numbers are more than just points. Daniels started every game (all year), scored 7.9 pts/game in conference (on a team with Alexis Tolefree, Chelsea Dungee, and Amber Ramirez ... meaning that she was not out there to score points), had an almost 2-1 Ast/TO ratio, shot 48% from the floor (incl 50% from 3), 79% from FT line, had 1.5 steals/game, and only had 23 TO's in SEC play as the starting PG (almost as many steals as TO -- 20 vs 23 -- in conference play from the PG is pretty impressive, imo). Daniels was also frequently assigned the other team's top guard on defense. She was fantastic in that role, as well. Love is great, but she hasn't been a starter all season, shoots under 20% from 3 (which I get isn't really her game), and 65% FTs.

If pushed, I would put Daniels on over Love -- though I think Love is going to be a stud for Vandy. Starting PG on a #3/4/5/6 team in the conference versus a highly valued sub/late season starter for the #12 team in conference.

Certainly understand that others can disagree.

So not to brag on myself, but Daniels is a main reason the Hogs beat the Aggies today. The big 3 completely struggled, and a Fr PG led the team in scoring (13 pts), including 3-4 from 3, 2-2 from the stripe, and no TOs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom