Seattle Storm vs Las Vegas Aces - 10/04/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm vs Las Vegas Aces - 10/04/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Even with the Aces playing Lamebeer, oops, I mean Laimbeer basketball they can't win. Physical and dirty just like he did when he was with Detroit. Even though the Aces are a Vegas team, as long as Laimbeer is coach I WILL NOT root for them. I despise this guy to no end.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am guessing Swords will not start game 3. She was such a defensive liability that her odd O board is just not going to cut it.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I think Sue may take Finals MVP from Stewie (or co-winners :D )

Guess the whole team are good Front runners ;)
I don’t know about that. Looking at the box score it appears all the starters racked up rebounds, assists and points. Except for Bird, she laid an egg for rebounds. What a slacker!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Seattle is just straight up better when they play well like this. Vegas is missing Hamby badly too. Cannon was great today but they need more of a primary threat to help out Wilson. Wilson is getting her points but isn't playing like an MVP. Had a few bad defensive sequences and was thoroughly outplayed by Howard today IMO.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seattle is just straight up better when they play well like this. Vegas is missing Hamby badly too. Cannon was great today but they need more of a primary threat to help out Wilson. Wilson is getting her points but isn't playing like an MVP. Had a few bad defensive sequences and was thoroughly outplayed by Howard today IMO.

McCoughtry and McBride were both good today. I don't think they can play any better offensively, their only chance is to step up the D. But Seattle has so many weapons, you can't take all of them away. The other big thing is that the Aces aren't getting their accustomed trips to the FT line, but they are hitting way more 3's in ths series than their average on the season. 18 in the 2 games, I think they only average about 4 made 3's per game.

Reaction Score
Storm's defense on Wilson works very well in both game 1 and 2.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Storm's defense on Wilson works very well in both game 1 and 2.

but again, the 3Q defense by Seattle was not up to their level. Stewie in particular was not that aggressive on that end and that should be corrected. I expect the Storm to smother the Aces in the deciding game the way they destroyed the Lynx.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If the Aces can't stop Sue they will go down in three games. The first game she almost had as many assists as the Aces team, 16 for Sue and 17 for the Aces. Then in the second game the slowed her down, but she still had 10 of the 33 assists that the Storm had while the Aces 29. If assists would be like hockey Sue would have had credit for more assists then the Aces combined in the two games.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bills summary

“But make no mistake, we had no favor from the referees today. We only shoot five free throws and we’re going to shoot more than any in the history of the league, and that doesn’t make any sense to anybody. So that was a very determining factor in this ball game where we got fouled and didn’t get calls and they got fouled and they got the call.

“They go to the free throw line more than us and they’re jump shot shooters? Please. That makes no sense.

“So that was a big part of this basketball game, also. It’s not the whole story, but just a part of it, and so was our turnovers.

What I find interesting is that Bill should be working the referee's if he feels they are getting jobbed but he seems to barely move. :confused:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Aces suffered the same fate in most of the series against the Sun. Maybe, just maybe, they shouldn't have been shooting as many FTs in the regular season as they did.

Also, LV has been shooting more 3's in the series against the Storm than they typically did during the season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
McCoughtry and McBride were both good today. I don't think they can play any better offensively, their only chance is to step up the D. But Seattle has so many weapons, you can't take all of them away. The other big thing is that the Aces aren't getting their accustomed trips to the FT line, but they are hitting way more 3's in ths series than their average on the season. 18 in the 2 games, I think they only average about 4 made 3's per game.

The Aces did the best they could today. They’re over matched. Any hopes they had of winning these last 3 games were dashed when Hamby suffered her season ending injury. The Aces had a great run, but it was not their year.

The Storm will close out the series and the season Tuesday. You don’t have to be a seer to see that one coming. Congratulations to Sue Bird, Breanna Stewart and their Storm teammates and coaches on a job well done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bills summary

“But make no mistake, we had no favor from the referees today. We only shoot five free throws and we’re going to shoot more than any in the history of the league, and that doesn’t make any sense to anybody. So that was a very determining factor in this ball game where we got fouled and didn’t get calls and they got fouled and they got the call.

“They go to the free throw line more than us and they’re jump shot shooters? Please. That makes no sense.

“So that was a big part of this basketball game, also. It’s not the whole story, but just a part of it, and so was our turnovers.

What I find interesting is that Bill should be working the referee's if he feels they are getting jobbed but he seems to barely move. :confused:

As a lifelong Celtics fan hearing one of the dirtiest players to ever suit up whining about the refs made me laugh out loud. I can only imagine the size of the smile on Larry Bird's face if he gets wind of this.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Celtics fan hearing one of the dirtiest players to ever suit up whining about the refs made me laugh out loud. I can only imagine the size of the smile on Larry Bird's face if he gets wind of this.
The Pistons with Bill and Mahorn set the NBA back 35 years. They were lucky Michael was young then, and Chicago became a great team.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I remember Laimbeer in his heyday with the bad boy Pistons. He put the “N” in nasty. :mad: He asked no quarter, and gave none. No body looked forward to playing Detroit in those days. Laker Nation hated them. Our own Fishy is a puncher of throats, so were they! :confused:

Last edited:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
The Pistons with Bill and Mahorn set the NBA back 35 years. They were lucky Michael was young then, and Chicago became a great team.
? Jordan had his first championship seven years into the league, the Pistons were champions for only the last two years. For perspective, Magic had his first championship his first year and Bird his second year, both being immediate stars like Jordan. While Magic did have Jabbar, Bird came onto a team even more atrocious than Jordan’s Chicago. It was more likely the changing of a coach to Phil Jackson rather than the aging of Jordan that got them to the top.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie is so so confident in her presser.

Also Howard Migdal had some eye opening Net Rating Stats when Sue and Stewie are on the court together. Just obliterating the field in regular and post season

Also surprised Sue was not one o the 3 interviews bit I guess that was a conscious effort to get Natasha and Clark

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Glad Sue and Stewie are on our team :D

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
The Aces scored 91pts, shot 52% from FG, 42% from 3-pt range, out-rebounded Seattle by 8, had 29 assists on 39 made baskets, and got 17pts off the bench from Emma Cannon(!). And they still lost by double digits.

Yes, 19tos for the Aces is way too much. Yes, they need to get the FT line more than 5x per game (though as others have correctly said, they're hitting more 3s this series than they usually do that helps offset this somewhat).

But the fact is they just haven't shown any ability to slow Seattle down; and Seattle has looked like a video game the first two games of the series. Last night they shot 57% from FG, 46% from 3-pt, 80% from FT, had 33 assists on 40 made baskets to just 10 turnovers. It's unstoppable.

If Seattle goes cold in game 3 do I think Vegas can steal a win? Yes, the Aces are really, really good, and Angel always has the potential to win a game on her own, like she did in Game 4 of the Sun series. But Seattle is just the better team.

Reaction Score
The beauty of playing in the wubble, one can really see who the better team is. If this was the old fashion home and home series, maybe results would be different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom