Seattle Storm @ New York Liberty - 8/06/18 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm @ New York Liberty - 8/06/18

Reaction Score
This is actually a game. Storm up 3 with 1:07 left in third

Nurse getting her first start and doing well.

Reaction Score
Two things: Looked like the Liberty ran out of gas in the 4Q and everybody and their sister on the Storm started making threes, which pretty much accounts for the big score differential at the end.

Reaction Score
Wow, Stewart 32 pts, Tina and Kia both 20 pts ...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Loyd is having a nice career so far.
Stewart is likely the MVP of the regular season. That's quite a duo there.

Reaction Score
Great bounce-back today by the Liberty. Monster games by Nurse, Zahui B, and of course Tina Charles. For three plus quarters, the contest resembled a heavyweight prize fight, with both teams going toe to toe at a very high level. In the end, Stewart and the Storm were simply too much, and the Storm achieved separation. But the Liberty can hold their heads high for an outstanding team effort today.

As for Seattle, I agree with today's broadcast team, they have to be the favorites to win it all this season. The skill, confidence and synergy the team is displaying right now is off the charts. I just hope they haven't peaked too soon.

A very enjoyable two hours of basketball. :)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stat line for the MVP: 32, 9, and 5.

Seattle has the overall #1 picks from 2002, 2015, and 2016. That’s a solid core!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great bounce-back today by the Liberty. Monster games by Nurse, Zahui B, and of course Tina Charles. For three quarters, the contest resembled a heavyweight prize fight, with both teams going toe to toe at a very high level. In the end, Stewart and the Storm were simply too much, and the Storm achieved separation. But the Liberty can hold their heads high for an outstanding team effort today.

As for Seattle, I agree with the game commentators, they have to be the favorites to win it all this season. The skill, confidence and synergies the team is displaying right now is off the charts. Let's just hope they haven't peaked too soon.

A very enjoyable two hours of basketball. :)
Seattle has the best player in Stewie and best leader in Sue. They are the team to beat.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I just watched the third quarter. Seattle stretched the lead to 11, and NY closed the quarter with a 10-0 run.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What's with the tip time? 11 local time means it was 8 a.m. for what the Storm players are accustomed to. Really? Why?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
After Kia gave New York the lead with a 3-pointer and a jumper, Seattle tied it at 74-74 with about 5 minutes to go. Then the oldest player in the league came back in, made a 3-pointer, and dished out a few assists. Stewie hit a couple of bombs as well. A strong close by Seattle, who was playing at 8 AM body time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Happy for Nurse - she has been wildly inconsistent this season, but has had some terrific games, and you know you will always get 100% hustle and effort from her. Stokes continues to put up mystifying numbers in very limited minutes. I hope she's traded next year.

And of course great games by Stewie and Charles. I love Howard as an addition to Seattle. Maybe they should try for Stokes - I think she could thrive in Seattle - maybe replace Clark as a starter. Just some random thoughts...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What's with the tip time? 11 local time means it was 8 a.m. for what the Storm players are accustomed to. Really? Why?
Even that can't defeat the Storm. They had some sort of special matinee at MSG.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Happy for Nurse - she has been wildly inconsistent this season, but has had some terrific games, and you know you will always get 100% hustle and effort from her. Stokes continues to put up mystifying numbers in very limited minutes. I hope she's traded next year.

And of course great games by Stewie and Charles. I love Howard as an addition to Seattle. Maybe they should try for Stokes - I think she could thrive in Seattle - maybe replace Clark as a starter. Just some random thoughts...
Kiah seems to miss Laimbeer. I think she would do well in Seattle or Las Vegas. AZB is a better offensive player and rapidly improving, so Kiah may be expendable.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonna be a tough week for the Storm. 4 road games. Back to back Monday and Tuesday (Indiana), then Thursday (Washington) and Sunday (Minnesota).

Then they finish off w/ 2 home games. If they go 3-3 the rest of the way (they already got 1 W today) they clinch a top 2 seed in the playoffs.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gonna be a tough week for the Storm. 4 road games. Back to back Monday and Tuesday (Indiana), then Thursday (Washington) and Sunday (Minnesota).

Then they finish off w/ 2 home games. If they go 3-3 the rest of the way (they already got 1 W today) they clinch a top 2 seed in the playoffs.
It is a tough trip, but Indy should't be a problem. I'll be at the Washington game. Minny needs to be rested to endure the offensive pressure of Sue, Stewie, and Jewell.

Reaction Score

The Storm should have boycotted the game because it was so inconvenient, but they ended up winning anyway. ;)

Reaction Score
It is a tough trip, but Indy should't be a problem. I'll be at the Washington game. Minny needs to be rested to endure the offensive pressure of Sue, Stewie, and Jewell.

The Lynx seem to handle the Storm better than most teams.

Reaction Score
Maybe they should try for Stokes - I think she could thrive in Seattle - maybe replace Clark as a starter. Just some random thoughts...
I hope not. Love Clark’s hustle and defense. She’s often defending the opposing best player and her history as a forward is on full display when she puts her back to the basket on the low block.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Storm should have boycotted the game because it was so inconvenient, but they ended up winning anyway. ;)

Playing the Liberty inconvenient?? Happy to play them any time any where.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom