Seattle Storm @ New York Liberty - 7/03/18 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm @ New York Liberty - 7/03/18

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stewie dominating on inside when her outside shot is not going down. Beautiful post hook shots with either hand. Boyd single handedly giving the game away so far. Watch how Sue plays please. Storm lead 39-28 at half with a Jewell Loyd alleyoop at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
39-28 SEA at the half

Stewart 10 pts, 4 reb, 1 stl
Loyd 10 pts, 3 reb, 1 stl

Vaughn 8 pts

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bria got hot in the 3Q.

But Seattle won easily. The MVP had 21 and 8 on 9-12 shooting. Jewell had 21 as well. They can thank Sue, who dished out 11 assists.

Reaction Score
Once again, Kia Vaughn matching Seattle with 8 early points. Then the Liberty either go away from her or Seattle made a defensive adjustment. Also, it seemed to me that Seattle lived in the paint. Katie Smith has two huge problems, scoring and defending. It appears a long season faces the Libs.

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse scoring avg is trending downward along with her playing time
12 min, 0 points

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The Liberty were better without Prince, Boyd, and Rogers, Zellous needs to find a seat on the end of the bench too. Bill must have seen this coming, and left for a better team.

The Libs have been awful as of late. Looks like they were doing better with Nurse playing a more prominent role. Prince/Rodgers/Hartley have been quite inconsistent. Vaughn has been playing well as of late, and Zahui B has been putting points up. They need more consistency from the perimeter to have a chance in this league. A trip to the lottery might do them good. Sad thing is, I have a hard time seeing the franchise finding success unless they move to a different part of NY because the attendance has been awful.

Reaction Score
Man, put Nurse back in the Starting Lineup. She hustles, she's a great defender in this league already, she uses her motor, she doesn't give up on plays. I was hoping she would rub off on the rest of them...

Reaction Score
I've not watched the Liberty play but have followed their stats. Nurse played well early but has faded a bit. For some reason the NY veteran guards haven't been playing well at all. None is a true point guard (that includes Hartley) and while I think all are capable of putting points on the board their mix isn't working. I would try to move at least one of them in the near future and either sign or draft a true point guard. I think NY probably has more talent than Chicago but the Sky have CVS to help them get ball movement.

Tina is a top 5 player in the world but she's not getting any support that's consistent. That has to change for the Liberty to be successful.

Reaction Score
Liberty have 4 UConn players
Liberty top 3 scorers are:
Charles 19.4
Nurse 9.3
Hartley 8.6

Stokes 2.0

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Libs have been awful as of late. Looks like they were doing better with Nurse playing a more prominent role. Prince/Rodgers/Hartley have been quite inconsistent. Vaughn has been playing well as of late, and Zahui B has been putting points up. They need more consistency from the perimeter to have a chance in this league. A trip to the lottery might do them good. Sad thing is, I have a hard time seeing the franchise finding success unless they move to a different part of NY because the attendance has been awful.

If your observations are correct, it appears that the Liberty needs a change of venue and a thorough house cleaning.

The Liberty have been one of my favorite teams in years past. This year they have been very hard to watch. They've lost games they could have and should have won.

Perhaps it's time for new ownership and a change of scenery. Right now, they're just treading water. They won't move up in the standings, and they won't make the post season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom