Seattle Storm @ Minn. Lynx 5-29-2019 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm @ Minn. Lynx 5-29-2019

Reaction Score
Watched this game tonight. Lynx are almost a completely different team with only Fowles starting the game. Collier had a good first quarter but got into foul trouble and had to keep coming out. The rest of the Lynx shared the scoring pretty evenly. The Storm looked discombobulated most of the game and lost by 11 but it was not that close of a game.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Watched this game tonight. Lynx are almost a completely different team with only Fowles starting the game. Collier had a good first quarter but got into foul trouble and had to keep coming out. The rest of the Lynx shared the scoring pretty evenly. The Storm looked discombobulated most of the game and lost by 11 but it was not that close of a game.

Pretty boring game to watch. Felt like a JV version of both teams compared to the last few years. I'm guessing a lot of games will feel like that with so many stars out.

Reaction Score
Pretty boring game to watch. Felt like a JV version of both teams compared to the last few years. I'm guessing a lot of games will feel like that with so many stars out.

Season starts so soon after the draft, seems like first few weeks are always like this unless it's a truly veteran team.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Season starts so soon after the draft, seems like first few weeks are always like this unless it's a truly veteran team.
I didnt feel that way last year at all, granted we started the season with a Chelsea Gray buzzer beater in a finals rematch, all of the stars were healthy and we had an outstanding rookie class.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I didnt feel that way last year at all, granted we started the season with a Chelsea Gray buzzer beater in a finals rematch, all of the stars were healthy and we had an outstanding rookie class.

I'm not sure yet that last year's rookie class was any better than this year's. At least not yet.

Definitely a "changing of the guard" season, though.

Depends on how you feel about the established stars, I guess. I've seen plenty of Parker, Bird, Augustus, Taurasi, etc. I obviously wish the best for their health, but I don't mind seeing them sit out and watching some younger players take center stage. At least for a little while.

The only one that really bums me out personally is Stewie.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I'm not sure yet that last year's rookie class was any better than this year's. At least not yet.

Definitely a "changing of the guard" season, though.

Depends on how you feel about the established stars, I guess. I've seen plenty of Parker, Bird, Augustus, Taurasi, etc. I obviously wish the best for their health, but I don't mind seeing them sit out and watching some younger players take center stage. At least for a little while.

The only one that really bums me out personally is Stewie.

Agree this rookie class could be special, although there doesnt appear to be a standout like A'ja was last year. I also dont think any of the young stars are at the level of a Parker, DT, Maya, Stewart, Bird, Diggins or Cambage. Theyll get better but the overall quality of play doesnt look as good as it has the past few years from the few games I've seen.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
No, of course not. Nor does Cambage.

Diggins & Cambage have been 1st Team All-WNBA, which is not nothing.

Of course, the rest of that list are the reigning MVP (Stewart) and legitimate all-time greats.

Anyway, Cambage is playing tonight. She doesn't belong on the injured/absent list.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. Jackie Young drained 2 quick 3 pt shots. No hesitation, Very nice stroke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom