Seattle Storm @ Las Vegas Aces - 5/27/18 | The Boneyard

Seattle Storm @ Las Vegas Aces - 5/27/18

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
9 minutes before the tip. Sparse crowd so far. Jefferson in street clothes. Both teams warming up. I'm happy to be here, and hoping for a good competitive game. Kelsey Plum has rejoined the team.

Reaction Score
A huge mismatch. Seattle has the second highest scoring offense against Las Vegas who has scored at the lowest average and is without a win.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Looks like Stewie and Loyd are both lighting it up so far. Each 4-6 for 10 points, combined 3-5 behind the arc.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Is it my broadcast or does NBA TV not show the score??

Just one of many production goof-ups so far. The chatterheads calling the game have little interest in the basketball, having spent the first quarter boosting LV travel and tourism. And of the two teams, only one is ever mentioned. I realize that these are the homer announcers, but they seem indifferent to the fact that this game is a nation-wide pickup by NBA TV.

Reaction Score
Seattle is starting to play like a team that needs to be in the conversation with LA, Minn., Phoenix, and CT as teams that might compete for the championship. Their wins against Chicago and Phoenix were impressive.

Reaction Score
Just one of many production goof-ups so far. The chatterheads calling the game have little interest in the basketball, having spent the first quarter boosting LV travel and tourism. And of the two teams, only one is ever mentioned. I realize that these are the homer announcers, but they seem indifferent to the fact that this game is a nation-wide pickup by NBA TV.
Yup, now 4 minutes into the second half and there hasn’t been one single play-by-play call or even a comment about the game. Interview with Dawn Staley which started during halftime just continues, oblivious to the actual game...

Oh - here we go. First recognition that there’s a game going on happened at 5:42 of Q3 - just in time for the media timeout and a commercial, ugh.

Reaction Score
So Shoni got cut. Who were the others that were cut (if any)?
I agree with other posters that trading Plum would be their best option. MoJeff has been injury prone, but Allen has Lambeer's trust to run the offense and she's a better facilitator than Plum. Plum is a better scorer, but you already have McBride for that. However, I would only trade her if they get a good deal.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Lots of notables in the arena. Dawn Staley and Lisa Boarders sitting court side.

Reaction Score
Raiders owner Mark Davis is courtside for the Las Vegas Aces’ first WNBA home game at Mandalay Bay

Carnac

Reaction Score
Regardless of the outcome, I thoroughly enjoyed watching these two teams compete. Had a great time!!! Now it's on to the souvenir stand for some Aces gear.

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
However, I would only trade her if they get a good deal.

I think they intended to trade her draft rights last year but were not enthused w/ any of the offers they got, so they held onto her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dawn was busy this weekend. She was in Tempe, Arizona on Saturday watching her softball team get eliminated by ASU.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was an entertaining game. McBride and Plum make a big difference. Imagine how good they might be when Jefferson comes back. GREAT seeing KML get some extended minutes along side some of the starters to show what kind of shooting touch she has.

I also think Natasha Howard is a great addition to Seattle, and their bench no longer sucks. Canada, KML and Courtney Paris are solid off the bench. I still don't see what Clark gives them, but maybe Langhorne will play better in her place as a starter when she comes back...

I will also add that it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have the announcers be so "pro" one team. The flat out talked about Las Vegas for almost the entire game barely discussing anything Seattle was doing except for "hitting almost 50% from beyond the arc". Call the damn game, don't be cheerleaders for one team.

Reaction Score
Saw Kelly Schumacher on the Aces bench next to Lambeer but no where on the Aces website is she mentioned. She's not listed as an an asst. coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think they intended to trade her draft rights last year but were not enthused w/ any of the offers they got, so they held onto her.
I heard that Ruth asked too much, but I'm not sure how much was too much.

Just their luck that they have the #1 pick and the best player in college is at a position where their need is least.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom