Seattle looking good | The Boneyard

Seattle looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hope I don't jinx them, but they are leading Phoenix late at home. Sue, Jewell, and Stewie are working well together. Jewell has 32, and Stewie is flirting with a triple-double.

With about 6 minutes to go in the 4th, Jewell led the fast break. Alley-oop pass to Stewie who alley-oops back to Jewell for the bucket. Standing ovation!

A couple of additional thoughts: Jenna O'Hea is deadly from the arc when she gets set and open. Jewell is one of the best FT shooters I've ever seen. She's over 96% for the season.

Reaction Score
Stewie and Jewell both look REALLY good. Stewie having no rookie learning curve - she's already big-time

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sue is cracking up about something

Reaction Score
Loyd has really come into her own after the standard rookie adjustment period last year. Fantastic game for her. Stewie didn't shoot well today, but was great elsewhere on the court, just one assist shy of a triple-double.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle wins, 95-81. They shot 51% overall and 12-24 from distance. Jewell had 32, plus 9 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. Stewie had 14 points, 10 boards, 9 assists, and 3 blocks. Sue had 14 points, 4 boards, 6 assists, and 4 steals.

Once again, Phoenix looked lackluster.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The chemistry between Loyd and Stewart looks amazing. They are not just talented but seem to be of the same mind. Some of those plays tonight were really stunning -- like a highlight reel. One of the nice things about Loyd's game tonight was that 5 of her 9 boards were offensive.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I hope I don't jinx them, but they are leading Phoenix late at home. Sue, Jewell, and Stewie are working well together. Jewell has 32, and Stewie is flirting with a triple-double.

With about 6 minutes to go in the 4th, Jewell led the fast break. Alley-oop pass to Stewie who alley-oops back to Jewell for the bucket. Standing ovation!

A couple of additional thoughts: Jenna O'Hea is deadly from the arc when she gets set and open. Jewell is one of the best FT shooters I've ever seen. She's over 96% for the season.

That play was just ridiculous. I predict we'll be seeing it on highlight reels for many years to come:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The chemistry between Loyd and Stewart looks amazing. They are not just talented but seem to be of the same mind. Some of those plays tonight were really stunning -- like a highlight reel. One of the nice things about Loyd's game tonight was that 5 of her 9 boards were offensive.

She's amazing... at this rate she will be the Most Improved Player after winning the Rookie of the Year. Just checked her stats.... shooting 53% for a 2 guard, thats ridiculous :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Yes.....and KML was MIA. She scored 3 points in 7 minutes of play, she knocked down 1 from beyond the arc. She's not getting much playing these days.

Reaction Score
Stewart stat line: 14 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists and 3 bl0cks.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that when Siemone and Dee finally retire from Team USA, that Kayla McBride and Lloyd will be right there to step in...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That play was just ridiculous. I predict we'll be seeing it on highlight reels for many years to come:

What do you call a play that features a double alley-oop? :eek: An "alley-oop-oop"? Loyd performed "Jewely-oops" regularly during her time at Notre Dame. As Plebe said, that play will no doubt be featured in Storm highlight films for years to come. That's not a play you'll see everyday. I just happen to be watching the game live on WNBA league pass.

What a great play. The crowd was buzzing anyway, as Seattle was in the process of running the Mercury out of the arena, and that play was the nuts and cherry on top. That play brought everyone to their feet. Like former Anaheim Angels play-by-play broadcaster Dick Enberg use to say:..........."My, what a play". :D

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that when Siemone and Dee finally retire from Team USA, that Kayla McBride and Lloyd will be right there to step in...
I think Jewell will and Kayla may. Jewell seems to have learned what a good shot is this year. She seems to know that she doesn't have to force shots. Maybe Sue has helped her. Sue, Jewell, and Sue are quite a trio. Kayla plays on a lousy, scoring-challenged team. I think that works to her detriment, but her talent still shines through. She is an excellent shooter and is now the star on the Stars. If Skylar joins them, Team USA will have an all-ND backcourt.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Thanks for posting! It looks like volleyball!

Reaction Score
What do you call a play that features a double alley-oop? :eek: An "alley-oop-oop"? Loyd performed "Jewely-oops" regularly during her time at Notre Dame. As Plebe said, that play will no doubt be featured in Storm highlight films for years to come. That's not a play you'll see everyday. I just happen to be watching the game live on WNBA league pass.

What a great play. The crowd was buzzing anyway, as Seattle was in the process of running the Mercury out of the arena, and that play was the nuts and cherry on top. That play brought everyone to their feet. Like former Anaheim Angels play-by-play broadcaster Dick Enberg use to say:......"My, what a play". :D

This is how it started "Alley Oop - The Hollywood Argyles - YouTube"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS