Seattle: inside info on game times? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seattle: inside info on game times?

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
Google says 48% in the eastern time zone, 30% in central, 16% in pacific, and 6% in mountain.
That adds up to 100%. I guess we depopulated Hawaii and Alaska. Or maybe they seceded? :p

BTW, what about the fans in Croatia, France, Hungary, Portugal, Egypt? And the Huskies stationed in the Philippines and Okinawa? :cool:

Reaction Score
That adds up to 100%. I guess we depopulated Hawaii and Alaska. Or maybe they seceded? :p

BTW, what about the fans in Croatia, France, Hungary, Portugal, Egypt? And the Huskies stationed in the Philippines and Okinawa? :cool:
What about the UConn grad who was in space? I think he was originally from Waterbury. Crossed 24 time zones every ~90 minutes. Probably went nuts setting his watch. If he was told the time of a game, I'm sure he would assume Eastern Daylight Savings time.

Reaction Score
Huh.....no. :confused:
Did you ever see the Johnny Carson bit on his late show? Your picture shows him as "The Carnac the Magnificent." He would hold an envelope to his head and say an answer. Then he'd open the envelope which had an unrelated question. And it was funny.

Here's one:

Johnny (Holding an envelope to his head): "Sis, Boom, Bah."
He opens the envelope and reads. "Describe the sound made when a sheep explodes."

Reaction Score
We have tickets to a play in NYC, so I think that will have to take precedence this time. Usually they give me a pass. :) The hard part is staying away from social media so I don't get the score.
Wear one ear pod. Just don't repeat what happened with "the shot". If you don't remember in the early 90's before the UConn men ever made the final four the were on their first magical run in the tournament. Many people bought tickets to a Broadway play at the Bushnell in Hartford. They played Clemson for what I believe was a trip to the elite eight. Scott Burrell throws a full court pass with 1 second on the clock, Tate George catches the ball in the air about 15 feet from the hoop, lands, jumps up, releases "The Shot" and UConn wins. "Many" people at the play had what was probably a Sony walkman with headphones on all screamed in unison when the ball went in. The actors were startled and they had to restart the play. If the game is that close at the end I recommend excusing yourself and sneaking off to the bathroom!

Reaction Score
Wear one ear pod. Just don't repeat what happened with "the shot". If you don't remember in the early 90's before the UConn men ever made the final four the were on their first magical run in the tournament. Many people bought tickets to a Broadway play at the Bushnell in Hartford. They played Clemson for what I believe was a trip to the elite eight. Scott Burrell throws a full court pass with 1 second on the clock, Tate George catches the ball in the air about 15 feet from the hoop, lands, jumps up, releases "The Shot" and UConn wins. "Many" people at the play had what was probably a Sony walkman with headphones on all screamed in unison when the ball went in. The actors were startled and they had to restart the play. If the game is that close at the end I recommend excusing yourself and sneaking off to the bathroom!
I remember in 1995 when the women were in that tough game with Virginia. I had to be out for something. In the last seconds I pulled into a parking lot and stood next to my car with the radio on. When they won I started jumping up and down screaming in the parking lot. I can only imagine what I looked like to people going by.

BTW - I had a house party during that Clemson game. We went nuts. One big guy that was there jumped up and put a hole in the ceiling. What a game.

Reaction Score
Crap - I have plans I absolutely can't cancel or I'll lose all my friends.
I'll have to watch the replay.
We’ve recorded every single UConn men’s and women’s basketball games all year and don’t get to watch then till 10:00/12:00 because we own a retail store. Everyone turns off all alerts the morning of the games so as to not find out the winners before hand and it’s worked pretty good with one or two small glitches ( people find out the winner but doesn’t share the results). Good luck

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Man, you want everything, Carnac. Don't you know NYC is the center of the world and Storrs is the basketball capital of the world?;)
No.....I didn't realize that...silly me. :confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There may be some resentment towards Connecticut in some circles, but not the TV networks: their game Saturday is the only Sweet 16 women's game on national broadcast TV (ABC).
Again formalhaut.....remember this simple business principle....."IF IT MAKES DOLLARS, IT MAKES SENSE." :rolleyes: ABC knows this game will be watched by millions of households all across America. Nielson's returns from previous UConn WBB games have proven that. You can bet the farm they will charge advertisers accordingly. ;)

Reaction Score
LOL! I would fully watch the game on my phone during that show. IDC how hout out of pocket it is. Just dim your phone to the lowest setting so it's not bright in a dark theater.
I can see the usher now tapping you on the shoulder and waving their index finger towards themselves as the burly security guard meanders down the aisle, just in case they are needed to physically extract your limp body from your seat. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom