Seat Donations Coming for Women's BB Season Tickets | The Boneyard

Seat Donations Coming for Women's BB Season Tickets

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
From a Dave Benedict email today. I'm certainly willing to pay something, but we'll see where this goes and how expensive it gets.

You will see important information here regarding basketball season ticket renewals and new sales. It will include, for men’s basketball, a three-year pricing schedule. Patrons who renew or order before the priority deadline will enjoy more favorable pricing than new customers who hop onboard later. For women’s basketball, you will notice the introduction of seat donations, similar to that which have been in place for the men over the past few years. Our women’s program continues to be the standard in the sport and must be supported as such.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The money has to come from somewhere If we want to keep up with the P5 conferences, otherwise UConn will get left behind. We fans will need to decide with our wallets if we want UConn to stay relevant.
I agree. I think my season tix now are a good deal and I am willing to pay more. I am fortunate that I can afford to at this point in my life. Going to live games is just so much fun! And if I can no longer afford it years from now when I retire, I can take in a few games a year live and enjoy the rest from the comfort of home.
Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
What does a season ticket to UConn WBB cost? I have four mid-court seats for Louisville WBB. I make an annual "donation" of $75 per seat. Then with our "senior citizen" discount I pay about $7 per ticket per game.

Reaction Score
From a Dave Benedict email today. I'm certainly willing to pay something, but we'll see where this goes and how expensive it gets.
Has anyone seen the new pricing charts for Gampel and XL?

Reaction Score
I’ve seen the new pricing for the Men. Has anyone seen the pricing for the Women’s tickets and seat fees.

And why can a new person buy season tickets and current ticket holders have no option to renew or see pricing? Not fair to ticket holders that have been around year after year.

Reaction Score
I donate every year to keep my priority points so until more details come out, I'm not going to worry how this affects me. However, if UConn wants a donation to keep priority points and another seat donation then I just might be a little annoyed.

FYI, for football I found that buying individual games (no seat donation) is a much better deal than the season ticket price and with attendance being what it is, you can sit in the best seat in the house. (Not true with basketball)

Reaction Score
50 bucks per seat for the upper reserved, 100 for lower level, didn't look at the lower floor....not going there. Not bad, really. We haven't had to pay this before, and it's a one time charge. Worth the price for Gampbel, IMO.

Reaction Score
What does a season ticket to UConn WBB cost? I have four mid-court seats for Louisville WBB. I make an annual "donation" of $75 per seat. Then with our "senior citizen" discount I pay about $7 per ticket per game.
Bwwwhahahahah....I wish. No wonder why your arena is always packed. TN and SC seats are 5 bucks for most of the arena. Gampbel starts at around $25 for upper bleacher seats, go as high as 100 per seat for lower. I got an announcement today. I'll have to go back and look to be sure. Seat donations start at 25 for bleachers, 50 per seat for upper seatbacks, 100 per seat for lower level. I didn't look at the ticket prices or seat donations for floor seats. I'm not paying that to see feet. Imagine, that...and we still fill the place. And there's no senior citizen discount in UConn country. Here's the link to season ticket info: 2022-23 Basketball Season Tickets - UConn Athletics Ticket Office

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Nice prices. When we were at Rutgers - through 2010-2011 - tix were somewhere around $800 for 2. Lower bowl, 7th row. Currently have floor seats at Arizona - ours are the end of the row closest to center court, next to the TV announcers. For next year, $800 for 2 tix. But a lot of the tickets are significantly less, I'm guessing under $20 per game.

Which brings us to the point of the thread. Arizona eliminated the seat donations a while back because current tax law makes a lot of issues with accounting for them. So what Arizona does:

• they rolled the old "seat donations" into the ticket price
  • for priority points they count your whole ticket cost as a "donation", at least in their terminology. Basically, they count everything you pay towards your priority points.

I am surprised that UConn is going in the other direction.

Reaction Score
A great number of the seats in Gampel already have a donation requirement for season tickets. Only the bench seats are exempt.

Reaction Score
Bwwwhahahahah....I wish. No wonder why your arena is always packed. TN and SC seats are 5 bucks for most of the arena. Gampbel starts at around $25 for upper bleacher seats, go as high as 100 per seat for lower. I got an announcement today. I'll have to go back and look to be sure. Seat donations start at 25 for bleachers, 50 per seat for upper seatbacks, 100 per seat for lower level. I didn't look at the ticket prices or seat donations for floor seats. I'm not paying that to see feet. Imagine, that...and we still fill the place. And there's no senior citizen discount in UConn country. Here's the link to season ticket info: 2022-23 Basketball Season Tickets - UConn Athletics Ticket Office
Thanks. I got the email but I didn't scroll down far enough to see the seating options. The only open question is: will the seat donation preserve the priority points or is an additional donation required?

My XL seats, very low in section 215 right behind Geno are worth an extra $100 for 2 seats.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, i don't understand what they mean by "seat donations". Could someone explain?

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, i don't understand what they mean by "seat donations". Could someone explain?
In addition to buying the tickets, one is required to also make a donation. It’s really a tax issue; the amount is tax deductible under certain circumstances.

Reaction Score
In addition to buying the tickets, one is required to also make a donation. It’s really a tax issue; the amount is tax deductible under certain circumstances.
Well that stinks. Thanks for explaining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom