Season Tickets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Football season ticketholder for over 17 years.

Not going anywhere and will still attend all games but.........

Pretty sure my crew of 8 is not donating next season. Probably just get tickets upstairs and sit somewhere else.

Home schedule next year is horrible.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Kind of random question but what is the deal with the mandatory donation associated with the seats?

Why isn't that just part of the ticket price?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Kind of random question but what is the deal with the mandatory donation associated with the seats?

Why isn't that just part of the ticket price?

Let's people write off part of the cost and let's them sell the unsold at a reasonable face value.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Let's people write off part of the cost and let's them sell the unsold at a reasonable face value.

Got it. I figured it had to deal with the resell value but didn't think of the tax purpose.

I've been able to get by with student, young alumni and top of the rent so I haven't had the donation part yet.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Got it. I figured it had to deal with the resell value but didn't think of the tax purpose.

I've been able to get by with student, young alumni and top of the rent so I haven't had the donation part yet.
The 200-level corners don't require a donation either.

Reaction Score
I will be there. Anyone who isn't I don't blame you. I am a sucker for Uconn and will hope it gets better.

Reaction Score
I'm renewing. I don't blame people for bailing but hope they reconsider. Maybe we'll pull a Memphis...
I just threw up in my mouth "maybe we'll pull a Memphis?" that's what its come too? and people wonder why season ticket holders are bailing out in droves

Reaction Score
I will be there. Anyone who isn't I don't blame you. I am a sucker for Uconn and will hope it gets better.

don't blame anyone for not renewing.... but I look at my blue back seat tickets NOW as a donation and nothing more in hope we will put a decent product on the field..... I support my school and donate to the UCONN Foundation, the Alumni Association and School of B. So I will be stroking checks to a great school. I might just upgrade to the best seats possible, from the 40 to the fifty yard line in hope of a turnaround since the cost is negligible...I have had restaurant and bar tabs bigger than the cost of season tickets because in the end it's a small check for the season tickets and seat donation. I can state that because financially the University gave me that ability over the course of the last almost 40 years to place myself and family in a good position. To those that don't renew, I don't fault you.

To non-Alumni or young Alumni and those that can't afford end zone corner seats, I applaud you for being cost conscious. If I were in your shoes, I would probably be saying the same things that the thread echoes. To non-Alumni, consider joining the Alumni Association-you don't have to be a graduate. or better yet-consider going to the Hockey games. The entertainment value on ice is phenomenal, the competition in Hockey East is great, we are recruiting players that some of which have already been drafted by the NHL and the coaching is tremendous.... and we have been competitive.

The bigger cost for me is the 3 hour drive one way, the cost of staying over (sometimes) and the feeling of a waste of a day even though the tailgating has been good. The best part of the season was seeing and being with old friends.

Like all of you, there was no entertainment value save for upsetting a UCF (Florida) team that did not want to play in a cold rain. The season and second half of the SMU game, losses to Army, Tulane, SMU, Temple and USF left me speechless, never mind the near loss to Stony Brook. I don't know what was worse, a five hour drive to the Bronx, the end of the Army game or watching the clock tick away yesterday knowing T O's had been burned or hearing that the players were terrible by the head Coach or losing to the worst team in the country (SMU) under an interim coach, seeing Geremy Davis on the sidelines when he could play, losing Casey and/or the perceived mistakes by players and coaches and understanding the first three games were "exhibition" games or losing a ton of experience in (19??) scholarship players that "just left" for "one reason or another". When I thought we had reached bottom, I was wrong.

I applaud HCBD in insuring that we now have the title as the worse FBS team in the country. The end result of a catastrophic season, like 1999 and 1979. I can only hope that things get better....

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I spoke with a longtime season ticket holder yesterday who told me he was done. My response to him was similar to what I'll say to everyone:
"I won't tell anyone how they should spend their time or money".

I'm in for the time being. I'll renew this upcoming three year (if it remains a three year) commitment and I will run that out. I still believe that the jury is still out on the current staff (although many here have already reached their verdicts) and I don't believe we will be able to fairly assess what we see until mid-season next year (I know that most want a quicker answer but that is very unlikely) and at the moment I am hoping that next season resembles 2002 (where after a number of games things started to fall into place).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom