Season Tickets? | The Boneyard

Season Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In for a penny, in for the pound! Went to every home game minus Michigan. Just learning how to properly tailgate. I'm looking to purchase season tickets. Any suggestions to get this done the right way? Storrs ticket office? Dates? Looking for ways to do my part to help support the team in 2014!

Reaction Score
I know I got mine in May last year. Think they usually go on sale around February? Could be wrong.

Reaction Score
At the very least, call the ticket office & inquire about being added to the season ticket mailing list. Then you'll get the invoice along with the rest of us.

Reaction Score
It's a grrrreat take ....we have a whole crew now....awesome to see you jumping in...also...there is usually several events at the rent
including signing day and kickoff dinner..also great takes...bring your friends...well worth it.

Reaction Score
Long time fan but as a newcomer just getting a setup together you need to know 1 thing. Tailgating is a team sport. If you've got that then the rest becomes easy. That's why I haven't purchased season tickets yet because I really need a solid group 4-6 times a year. Unfortunately the last 3 years haven't exactly inspired new fans but this could easily change with a new attitude and a few wins early.

When it does I'm ready but until then I've had to make the effort to corral enough for a couple of good tailgates and maybe a game with just a friend or a Boneyard trip. I'm planning on the same as you long-term and Bob says to get ready now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In for a penny, in for the pound! Went to every home game minus Michigan. Just learning how to properly tailgate. I'm looking to purchase season tickets. Any suggestions to get this done the right way? Storrs ticket office? Dates? Looking for ways to do my part to help support the team in 2014!
Will, Glad to hear this (and you are one of three people I've come across so far who is now interested in season tickets).

My first suggestion to all who are now interested is to attend the spring game. You can check out the vantage points from nearly everywhere in the stadium and they normally allow people to purchase seats at that game.

Dish is correct in his tailgating advice. I will add that all in your party need to have the mindset that football games are nearly an all day event. Too often I've brought someone new, to introduce them to this, only to have them believe the game would be three hours out their day. This does not work well but as there are normally only seven of these it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
didn't miss a game all season, and won't next season. season ticket holders in my group will be growing.

Reaction Score

few words of advice, If you buy tickets during the first offering (feb-mar) don't bitch when they become cheaper closer to the season kicking off. Secondly go to spring game and sit in different areas. thirdly, a UCFB game is an all day event at the very least. I am sure for a lot of us its almost a weekend event by the time we prep food Friday night, pack the cars, tailgate, watch football, stagger home to the couch, and wake up in a haze sometime sunday mid morning

Reaction Score
Our tailgating group started out with a friend and I having a Subway grinder (back when Jared was still fat) a half hour prior to game time. That has morphed into a core group of 16 plus "guest" tailgaters on any given week. It is something that we all look forward to so much so that we tailgate at the Spring game ushering in the warm weather and saying goodbye to the winter. As the group grew everybody contributed in some way to where we now have two canopies with sides, 2 gas grills, 4 foldable tables, 2 propane heaters, lantern, etc. One in our group loves his role as chef. Our menu this year included swordfish, filet mignon, deep fried jumbo scallops/shrimp, clams, oysters, haddock, sausage and peppers, ribs, plus assorted dishes, finger foods and desserts Most of our group wasn't had picked but took on a life all its own. All you need is maybe a group of 4 who are committed and it will grow. You also need parking passes and to drive in one behind the other so you can park together and stake out your ground.

Reaction Score
Or...as I have, join up with other people. My immediate family comes from three different places and many times can't get there early and bringing grills etc ended up being more work than it is worth. So most of the time I don't see my sister until we get inside.

But I've hooked up with a friend's family and their friends that are always on point and I just contribute to their spread and BMOB. That way I'm always around friends, I don't have to coordinate my schedule with anyone (I show up 4 hours before, 1 hour before or not at all) and have made lots of new husky friends and that's what it's really about anyway.

Reaction Score
If you can remember that fan from LSU a few years ago who went coast to coast visiting tailgates and games with his wife, he visited our campus and the Rent and came to our tailgate. I asked him what his impression was. That day we had a huge crowd. He said our tailgate scene would measure up to any. "It's not the Ole Miss grove (what is) but it's maybe the one place that I've been to that surprised me the most with how good it is".
That's the kind of scene Diaco' was referencing when he mentioned his thoughts when his Cincy Team rolled in.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Long time fan but as a newcomer just getting a setup together you need to know 1 thing. Tailgating is a team sport. If you've got that then the rest becomes easy. That's why I haven't purchased season tickets yet because I really need a solid group 4-6 times a year. Unfortunately the last 3 years haven't exactly inspired new fans but this could easily change with a new attitude and a few wins early.

When it does I'm ready but until then I've had to make the effort to corral enough for a couple of good tailgates and maybe a game with just a friend or a Boneyard trip. I'm planning on the same as you long-term and Bob says to get ready now.

You haven't bought season tickets because you can't find enough friends to tailgate with? That's exactly what's wrong with our casual "fanbase".

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This isn't quite the same as a season ticket commitment, but for years, my usual UConn crew had no interest in going to the football Signing Day event, or to the Coach Ollie dinner a few months back. I'd ask, they'd say no, and I wouldn't go. This past year I was like... , I want to go, I'm not going to let other people control that! The events were GREAT. I've gotten to meet HardcoreHusky, uconnbill, gemparty, huskybass, and others. I was even contemplating getting a single ticket for the Gampel games this year! (my wife ended up being interested)... all that said - I get wanting to go with a crew, but don't let that stop you!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To piggy back off of Mike, the signing day event was actually awesome at The Rent. Free food, soda, cash bar, Warde was friendly (I spoke to him one on one and asked about future OOC opponents lol) and then most importantly the recruits are there so you can show some love.

Also after the event I was with my buddy and we watched UConn st John's hoops with like 4 older guys ( there's no way they weren't Boneyard members).

It's good times, I was going to roll solo until my buddy said yes. Definitely worth it.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
You haven't bought season tickets because you can't find enough friends to tailgate with? That's exactly what's wrong with our casual "fanbase".

I enjoy our tailgating, and I've made some special friends over a sweet sausage, cold beer, cornhole and a few laughs. For a variety reasons, I've missed many tailgates.

But I haven't missed a home game since the last game at Memorial...

Reaction Score
If you can remember that fan from LSU a few years ago who went coast to coast visiting tailgates and games with his wife, he visited our campus and the Rent and came to our tailgate. I asked him what his impression was. That day we had a huge crowd. He said our tailgate scene would measure up to any. "It's not the Ole Miss grove (what is) but it's maybe the one place that I've been to that surprised me the most with how good it is".
That's the kind of scene Diaco' was referencing when he mentioned his thoughts when his Cincy Team rolled in.

I think he was referring to the Virginia blowout in 2008, a Saturday night game. (In his one year at Cincinnati, we played them on the road - the two-point comeback loss.) I remember that tailgate well -- it was a gorgeous night, a huge turnout, and Donald had about 900 yards rushing.

Reaction Score
To piggy back off of Mike, the signing day event was actually awesome at The Rent. Free food, soda, cash bar, Warde was friendly (I spoke to him one on one and asked about future OOC opponents lol) and then most importantly the recruits are there so you can show some love.

Also after the event I was with my buddy and we watched UConn st John's hoops with like 4 older guys ( there's no way they weren't Boneyard members).

It's good times, I was going to roll solo until my buddy said yes. Definitely worth it.
The signing day event is great. Usually a very large crowd. I have a feeling that this year there may not be enough room for all the people that want to attend. Usually have 8 of us going , but this year my wife and even my mother are interested after watching parts of BD's press conference.

Reaction Score
Big men's bball fan. Gonna make the jump this year and do tickets for both. Very excited for the BD era. Dudes as interesting as KO and GA. Ya just get a great feeling moving forward.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
What were the 2013 prices? Just for a reference.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Folks- we will start planning for the annual Football Kickoff event right after signing day. The event is right before camp starts and I have a feeling we will have our biggest attendance yet. Last year, got to meet meet CTMike and have know Sports Art for years and have been friendly with UCONNBill for many years now thanks to these events and the Boneyard.

I highly recommend going to the recruiting event(I have never missed one- even at the Goodwin Hotel and the Civic Center) and then follow it up with the football kickoff event- you will be stoked for a great year!!

Reaction Score
I went to one of the early ones and loved it. I sat with Matt Lawrence (remember him?) a running back from my old high school, The Bloomfield Warhawks. Ever since then I've missed it due to business conflicts. This time, I'm going to make every effort to not have a conflict. I'm stoked for everything UConn football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom