Season Tickets | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets

Reaction Score
Moved to midcourt in 209 lower this morning. Last two in that lower section but quite a few others available around the lower level.
Someone asked if they could make a donation and get better tickets but I think that ship sailed with the deadline earlier this year. But, make a donation anytime before the next seat selection period. Sort of like it was for a century for Red Sox fans, "wait till next year"!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I effed up. Didn't think of donating more until the deadline had passed.

Reaction Score
It really depends. If you have been in the game for a while I don’t think giving more helps that much.
For example our family has been doing it since 1988. We gave more this year and didn’t really get much better seats this year.

But if you are a newer season ticket holder I think it helps a lot.

Reaction Score
Yeah I actually have been a Season ticket holders since about 1984. Under someone else's name, though. During the KO years we stopped going altogether. I decided to start up my own account last year. So I really don't have many points.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Last year was the year. There were two mid-court aisle seats available in my timeslot then.

Reaction Score
I managed 200 level front row aisle seats last year. Only trouble is the plexiglass window, it's always dirty and horrible to look over or through. Tryna get to the 100s this year.

Reaction Score
Just placed my order. Stayed with Gampel - section 116, 2nd row. Moved closer a couple rows in XL in section 217 Row C - would move further down but the guys I go with only good for the $50 seat fee which is fine with me.

Reaction Score
Moved to midcourt in 209 lower this morning. Last two in that lower section but quite a few others available around the lower level.
Someone asked if they could make a donation and get better tickets but I think that ship sailed with the deadline earlier this year. But, make a donation anytime before the next seat selection period. Sort of like it was for a century for Red Sox fans, "wait till next year"!

the ability to move much is drastically reduced under the new system which allows everyone to keep their same seats each year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Didn't move, there were a couple of options over the weekend but they were gone when my time came. Thought about adding two seats in Hartford, so I'd have them going forward, but with the pandemic and possible cancellations, I didn't feel like putting out another $ 2,400, give or take

Reaction Score
Didn't move, there were a couple of options over the weekend but they were gone when my time came. Thought about adding two seats in Hartford, so I'd have them going forward, but with the pandemic and possible cancellations, I didn't feel like putting out another $ 2,400, give or take
Yeah I was thinking the same for Gampel. But didn't want to shell out all that money now. So went with cheaper seats up top if people want to come with us.

Reaction Score
Tried to go to four seats in same area as our current two at XL. Looked seven minutes before our time and there were four together open a couple rows in front of us. By our turn, those became two and one with a single taking a middle seat of those ... so we just kept our current two instead of expanding to four seats. Seems less than ideal.

Reaction Score
the ability to move much is drastically reduced under the new system which allows everyone to keep their same seats each year.

You're right. It looks as if the warning they issued last year to get the seats you want NOW turned out to be true. There were ten or more seats available in some of the lower sideline sections when I made my selection, but nothing like last year.

Everyone should take a good look at their profile regarding the points calculation
. I didn't argue with my ticket rep, but will call the office when they're done with this re-seating because my profile doesn't show all the credit I believe I should have for season ticket purchases if they're counting all-time history in the way I understood the process. I should have over 50 years for all sports but the profile only shows 8.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Went into my seat selection time planning to just buy an additional seat for Gampel and maybe move closer. Didn’t pan out the way I wanted in Gampel, but did make a slight improvement with the view. Got one row closer and away from the stairs to avoid people obstructing my view. Piece of advice to new ticket holders, avoid getting seats near stairs! People love to just stand there sometimes in the middle of the game to get a closer look.

Also bought tickets for the first time in XL center. Was not planning on it but I bit the bait when I saw a couple uppers in the first row for $99 a piece.

Reaction Score
I'll add to that- as I mentioned earlier the seats behind the plexiglas windows suck. The plexi is dirty and the bar is just at my eye level.

Reaction Score
For those who are still in what’s the inventory for the more expensive seats at Gampel/XL?

Reaction Score
I'll add to that- as I mentioned earlier the seats behind the plexiglas windows suck. The plexi is dirty and the bar is just at my eye level.
also, if in the 200s (XL Center) be very careful about getting seats behind the metal railings along the edges, it really messes with the view.

Reaction Score
Went into my seat selection time planning to just buy an additional seat for Gampel and maybe move closer. Didn’t pan out the way I wanted in Gampel, but did make a slight improvement with the view. Got one row closer and away from the stairs to avoid people obstructing my view. Piece of advice to new ticket holders, avoid getting seats near stairs! People love to just stand there sometimes in the middle of the game to get a closer look.

Also bought tickets for the first time in XL center. Was not planning on it but I bit the bait when I saw a couple uppers in the first row for $99 a piece.

Good advice on how to select seats and great get at the XL.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The ticket/seat points only count from last year & this year. The prior years did not provide for points for tickets purchase - primarily donations. With the change last year you see your "Historical Points" for your previous support/activity - moving forward (2019-20) are based on the "new game" which includes tickets purchase.

Check with Athletics, but that is my understanding.

Everyone should take a good look at their profile regarding the points calculation. I didn't argue with my ticket rep, but will call the office when they're done with this re-seating because my profile doesn't show all the credit I believe I should have for season ticket purchases if they're counting all-time history in the way I understood the process. I should have over 50 years for all sports but the profile only shows 8.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom