Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

Reaction Score
I understand it, it makes the six figures I have cumulatively donated worthless.

A little dramatic Chief. If you have that many points they continue as your points and you can continue to get great seats for a long time without donating another penny. The seats you get just won't be the same every year not much different than the past. If you make the seat donation only each year the seats that your points to date earned for you remain yours and the continuing seat donation would have to be less I assume than the large donations you are currently making therefore they would be a bargain. The annual seat donations continue to earn you more points each year. It is only if you want to improve your seats that the new policy would impact you as you would have to contribute in excess of the seat donation an amount adequate to keep ahead of the new money being raised.

I expect that this coming year there will be a drop off in season ticket holders after which there will be a steady rise.

Reaction Score
A little dramatic Chief. If you have that many points they continue as your points and you can continue to get great seats for a long time without donating another penny. The seats you get just won't be the same every year not much different than the past. If you make the seat donation only each year the seats that your points to date earned for you remain yours and the continuing seat donation would have to be less I assume than the large donations you are currently making therefore they would be a bargain. The annual seat donations continue to earn you more points each year. It is only if you want to improve your seats that the new policy would impact you as you would have to contribute in excess of the seat donation an amount adequate to keep ahead of the new money being raised.

I expect that this coming year there will be a drop off in season ticket holders after which there will be a steady rise.

based on what? the soft secondary market does not indicate this large pent-up demand, and let's be honest, the schedule is abysmal.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I spoke with the ticket office today, and I'm much more comfortable with the process. I essentially keep my seats from last year with $ 4,800. ($ 3,200 XL & $ 1,600 GP). We've been donating more than that, so I'm good. And I was told I'll never lose my seat if I continue to donate, which is NOTHING new. It's actually an improvement, since I can't get bumped by some bigger donors. The women's seat assignment is essentially unchanged. I'm in a much better place than I was just two days ago.

Now all we have to do is win, Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Can you share any details with us?
It's a big folder with tons of forms and info. Most if not all of it is the same stuff posted online. However there is a legal document included if you want to transfer season tickets/priority points to others.

C

Chief00

Your math is wrong to be polite.

Reaction Score
True, true. But also a lot easier to sell tickets at UK than UConn.
Especially when you look at the quality of their opponents. Uconn playing quality non conference opponents in NY and NJ does not help enhance the home schedule.

Reaction Score
Especially when you look at the quality of their opponents. Uconn playing quality non conference opponents in NY and NJ does not help enhance the home schedule.
Exactly, a 3 year deal would be better with 1 home game each and a neutral site game.

Reaction Score
I am wondering if I can drop XL season tix and only renew Gampel. UConn’s online site would not let me do that. It was all or nothing

Reaction Score
I am wondering if I can drop XL season tix and only renew Gampel. UConn’s online site would not let me do that. It was all or nothing

Of course you can.

C

Chief00

Traditional series are home and away but not always (Villanova for example) - I agree home,neutral,away type series would work much better than the current model.

Reaction Score
Have had season tix since mid 70’s. Seriously considering no. $100 per seat for a G5 team is pricey. I am worn down by the cartel

Reaction Score
Your math is wrong to be polite.

Show me how my math is wrong. I am interested in correct information going to fans before they make a decision that can't be undone.

If like Who Ha you don't want to pay a $100 seat donation or can't afford it and don't want the upper level seats then not renewing is a sound decision, as long as he is sure he won't want tickets again in two years if the team is greatly improved and TV coverage is less. Although I think the lower priced seat donations will be available in the future to the long time donors who accumulated a decent amount of points and want back in. The $400, $600, and $800 seat donations will most likely be fully allocated within the next four years and not easy to get again for most, because once a donor is eligible to buy them they can keep them by maintaining their donation level, this will result in very few seats being relinquished and with 2 points for each dollar of annual contribution vs 1 point for seat contribution significant new contributors will quickly pass legacy point totals of contributors who are no longer giving. The significant new contributors are going to be giving, to have access to the $400, $600, and $800 seats, they are not pursuing the lower priced ones.

Reaction Score
Show me how my math is wrong. I am interested in correct information going to fans before they make a decision that can't be undone.

If like Who Ha you don't want to pay a $100 seat donation or can't afford it and don't want the upper level seats then not renewing is a sound decision, as long as he is sure he won't want tickets again in two years if the team is greatly improved and TV coverage is less. Although I think the lower priced seat donations will be available in the future to the long time donors who accumulated a decent amount of points and want back in. The $400, $600, and $800 seat donations will most likely be fully allocated within the next four years and not easy to get again for most, because once a donor is eligible to buy them they can keep them by maintaining their donation level, this will result in very few seats being relinquished and with 2 points for each dollar of annual contribution vs 1 point for seat contribution significant new contributors will quickly pass legacy point totals of contributors who are no longer giving. The significant new contributors are going to be giving, to have access to the $400, $600, and $800 seats, they are not pursuing the lower priced ones.
All of this is resting on the assumption there's a demand. Even if Hurley turns it around, the opponents are still second tier and I'm not sure the demand will grow all that much.

Reaction Score
Have had season tix since mid 70’s. Seriously considering no. $100 per seat for a G5 team is pricey. I am worn down by the cartel
So your saying you had tickets in the lower level in Hartford since the 70s and never donated to the school?

Reaction Score
So your saying you had tickets in the lower level in Hartford since the 70s and never donated to the school?
On and off over the years. Nothing major. We used to get priority points just for buying football and hoops tickets. So we got points for buying Storrs, Hartford and football. They accumulated quickly. My seats have always been in the corner. I love that angle. Most big donors would hold their nose

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They barely sold out the lower bowl in Hartford without these requirements. The idea that people are dying to replace people who walk away is insane. These dollars arent tax deductible - so they cost even more.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Two thoughts:

1. If you fall for the argument that you won’t be able to get back in two years from now - how do you have any money in the first place.

2. Here is UConn’s athletic department over 30 years: People my age wanted to go to UConn because of the basketball program. People today go in spite of the athletic department.

Reaction Score
Two thoughts:

1. If you fall for the argument that you won’t be able to get back in two years from now - how do you have any money in the first place.

2. Here is UConn’s athletic department over 30 years: People my age wanted to go to UConn because of the basketball program. People today go in spite of the athletic department.
I’m not 100% disagreeing with you but in two years if the team gets good and switched conferences that could change. So if you want to roll the dice and lock them in now you can.

Reaction Score
Although I agree with whaler and have been waffling, I think I’ll go one more year. I will not pay for plus. I don’t care if we are playing Carolina. No to Disney unless they get us a seat at the big boy table

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom