Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

Reaction Score
For reference, I went to 6 games this year due to work and such but I went to Cornell, Arizona, Lafayette, Manhattan, and Temple paid a grand total of $173 for two tickets to each game and all in the lower sections.
Yeah that sucks for season tix holders

Reaction Score
I've got a feeling you won't be able to get cheap tickets on stubhub for games anymore. UConn signed a deal with stubhub during the end of the season. I bet they enforced a price floor where you can't sell a ticket below a certain cost. Similar to what the Yankees/Stubhub do.

Reaction Score
I've got a feeling you won't be able to get cheap tickets on stubhub for games anymore. UConn signed a deal with stubhub during the end of the season. I bet they enforced a price floor where you can't sell a ticket below a certain cost. Similar to what the Yankees/Stubhub do.
Maybe, but theres a ton of secondary avenues beyond SH

Reaction Score
True

as much as they might want to try, I cannot see UConn being able to put real wood on any secondary outlet (from the guys outside the XL pre-game to the big ticket brokers) because the eye test for the past few years tells me they are absolutely sucking wind across the board with attendance. No demand = no leverage for UConn.

C

Chief00

That’s the insult to injury thing. In the same year that we lose our ability to deduct 80% of a donation in which we receive a benefit (seating), we also get hit with predatory pricing by UConn.
The priority points, that people have donated years in good faith to built up, are virtually worthless. They only still exist in the current scheme as a distraction, as if they still have the illusion of value. Again, this is a class action law suit waiting to happen and unlike the KO circus , the university will lose this one based on how they marketed priority points for decades. The lack of loyalty to good paying long time customers is not a good look.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Is this real?

It appears to be part of the bigger school-wide fundraiser they're doing this week (UConn Gives). I wouldn't read any deeper into it.

Reaction Score
It appears to be part of the bigger school-wide fundraiser they're doing this week (UConn Gives). I wouldn't read any deeper into it.

except for the fact that I have never gotten emails about this type of Go Fund Me stuff from UConn prior to this year and have been a season ticket holder for a very long time.

Reaction Score

except for the fact that I have never gotten emails about this type of Go Fund Me stuff from UConn prior to this year and have been a season ticket holder for a very long time.

FAQ | University of Connecticut Giving Day

>>Groups across all five campuses will connect with their supporters around the world to raise funds for the programs and causes important to them.

The possibilities are endless. Whether it’s a school, college, department, club, student group, or research area, give to what’s most important to you.<<

They did the same thing last year...

Reaction Score
FAQ | University of Connecticut Giving Day

>>Groups across all five campuses will connect with their supporters around the world to raise funds for the programs and causes important to them.

The possibilities are endless. Whether it’s a school, college, department, club, student group, or research area, give to what’s most important to you.<<

They did the same thing last year...
thank you - this is my first time hearing about it

Reaction Score
What non conference schools are on the home schedule next year besides Florida? It just seems like the last few years, our home games with the largest attendance has been vs OOC teams.
That’s true....last season it was Arizona

C

Chief00

Is this real?

In the past, Chief has allocated maybe 25% of my donation to some non major sports teams. They have usually been appreciative and send hand written personal thank you cards. Chief got a lot of satisfaction helping these teams out in a small way.
Now the university has thoughtlessly chosen another route with a focus on predatory priced seat donations. This will dry up much of the donations these other sports receive.

Reaction Score
It will still be based on priority points but you have to be willing to pay whatever the seat donation is for certain seats. From what I was told it sounds like the best seats will be $400 a seat per venue on top of the ticket cost.
Wrong. It will be $800

C

Chief00

or maybe it's a sinking ship trying to fleece the people that have supported to program for so long

Yes, the P5 conference get multiple times more money from TV contracts. UConn instead is charging their dwindling fan base base and students.

Reaction Score
BC did something similar when they moved to the ACC. My buddy and I had great BC basketball season tickets for almost 15 years to see all the Big East teams and made a very small donation every year. When they moved to the ACC, BC tried to charge a seat license, but we wouldn’t pay it. So, we were moved out of our great chairback seats into the bleachers. We gave up our season tickets after one year (we didn’t care about the ACC) and so did lots of people. Between the seat license, poor performance and moving to the ACC, attendance declined. (When BC was in the Big East, it was easy to get friends to go to games as we knew people who went to many Big East schools. When BC went to the ACC,friends were only interested in seeing UNC and Duke. The later expansion improved the schedule with Syracuse and ND.)

C

Chief00

BC did something similar when they moved to the ACC. My buddy and I had great BC basketball season tickets for almost 15 years to see all the Big East teams and made a very small donation every year. When they moved to the ACC, BC tried to charge a seat license, but we wouldn’t pay it. So, we were moved out of our great chairback seats into the bleachers. We gave up our season tickets after one year (we didn’t care about the ACC) and so did lots of people. Between the seat license, poor performance and moving to the ACC, attendance declined. (When BC was in the Big East, it was easy to get friends to go to games as we knew people who went to many Big East schools. When BC went to the ACC,friends were only interested in seeing UNC and Duke. The later expansion improved the schedule with Syracuse and ND.)

Chief likes to see good teams regardless of where they are from. I am also ready to move on from the old Big East but I acknowledge I enjoy some of the old rivalry games. I do agree with many of your points about how predatory pricing tactics will lower attendance and interest in the team and actually produce less revenues.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The saddest part of all this is thinking about the hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of dollars the athletic department probably spent on a consulting firm to come up with this new "strategy" and how to sell it to the fan base.

C

Chief00

The losers are the UConn Foundation, loyal fans and ultimately the students who will have to absorb the impact of another poorly thought out decision in their student fees. Donors make voluntary donations and can walk, unfortunately the captive audience revenue stream (students) will have to pick up the slack in student fees.

Reaction Score
The losers are the UConn Foundation, loyal fans and ultimately the students who will have to absorb the impact of another poorly thought out decision in their student fees. Donors make voluntary donations and can walk, unfortunately the captive audience revenue stream (students) will have to pick up the slack in student fees.
I just keep coming back to the fact that $1600 will get me even better seats than I have now if I buy games off the secondary market.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom