Season ticket sales are way down from last year? | The Boneyard

Season ticket sales are way down from last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just talked to someone well connected and is seems our season ticket sales are lagging behind to the degree it is perplexing the staff and AD. It has been a constant topic of conversation as it appears that we do not seem to fill the seats like some other schools. I know we are a small state- but right after the year we had and the team we are going to field this year you would think tickets would be hard to get. It has to be the best ticket in CT this year right?

Please do not respond with posts about how " students do not have $$$"- this is more of a question for the fans who are no longer in school. All schools in the country are suffering from their alums not having as much money to throw at tickets but we still seem to be at the back of the bus in this regard. Normally I would understand but it seems there are enough seats unspoken for that it might even be effecting the ability of the program to do certain things.

I am passing on a conversation that I just had and I was shocked. If I lived in CT I would be at every game I could. What do think is holding ticket sales back? I mean what do we have to do- win a NC and field a top 5 team? That is just too much to ask.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i think it's that a lot of people can't afford the tickets or have the money and need it to go somewhere else... or they're waiting for single game tickets to buy the big games then buy the others when they get closer

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I got the Gampel package, so I'm doing my part.

Reaction Score
If the AD was smart they should put out a 1/2 season package for Big East games around late November when we will be ranked #1 and there will be tons of buzz. Also makes a good Xmas gift :)

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for single game tickets to come out. I pretty much go to every game almost but end up getting the tickets a lot cheaper for the cupcakes and I have a few good friends that hook me up to the big games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is a matter of chickens coming home to roost. I have heard so many stories from former season ticket holding UConn fans who will never go to another game because of they way they were treated during the "hot ticket" times. Pushed back, pushed to the side, pushed out of the building, I've heard a ton of stories. Whether you agree with them or not (I don't), this attitude is real. They need some kind of a "we want you back" campaign. Maybe these fans will change their mind if asked.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is a matter of chickens coming home to roost. I have heard so many stories from former season ticket holding UConn fans who will never go to another game because of they way they were treated during the "hot ticket" times. Pushed back, pushed to the side, pushed out of the building, I've heard a ton of stories. Whether you agree with them or not (I don't), this attitude is real. They need some kind of a "we want you back" campaign. Maybe these fans will change their mind if asked.
it's the same on the women's side. if you aren't donating big $ like the corporations do, you end up with season tix that are lousy seats. my parents gave up their season tix this year for the first time in 15 years and will rely on single game tickets. not to mention the fact that they have to sit on concrete benches at Gample. they absolutely hate that.

Reaction Score
This is why Hathaway had to go. Fanbase needs to be rebuilt.

Yep. No excitement, no PR and poor marketing. Ultimately, the root of all our problems right now, including realignment. God I miss the out of Lew Perkins.

Reaction Score
I just talked to someone well connected and is seems our season ticket sales are lagging behind to the degree it is perplexing the staff and AD. It has been a constant topic of conversation as it appears that we do not seem to fill the seats like some other schools. I know we are a small state- but right after the year we had and the team we are going to field this year you would think tickets would be hard to get. It has to be the best ticket in CT this year right?

Please do not respond with posts about how " students do not have $$$"- this is more of a question for the fans who are no longer in school. All schools in the country are suffering from their alums not having as much money to throw at tickets but we still seem to be at the back of the bus in this regard. Normally I would understand but it seems there are enough seats unspoken for that it might even be effecting the ability of the program to do certain things.

I am passing on a conversation that I just had and I was shocked. If I lived in CT I would be at every game I could. What do think is holding ticket sales back? I mean what do we have to do- win a NC and field a top 5 team? That is just too much to ask.

I have been trying for days to buy season tickets from the UCONN official website (value packages for both Gampel and XL). Somehow, it keeps freezing when I click the checkout button. Anybody having similar problems?

Reaction Score
We got 8 season tickets (Gampel Value Package) so I am pumped for this season

Reaction Score
It kind of baffles me when I hear you guys talking about the lack of excitement within the fan base. Our athletic department has been kicking ass for the most part, so you'd think tickets would be as hot as ever. I live a couple hours away and I'll try to make it to as many games as possible.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
It kind of baffles me when I hear you guys talking about the lack of excitement within the fan base. Our athletic department has been kicking ass for the most part, so you'd think tickets would be as hot as ever. I live a couple hours away and I'll try to make it to as many games as possible.

It's been the athletic teams that have been kicking ass of late, not the department. Big distinction.

Reaction Score
Over the last few years it has become so easy to scalp a good ticket at the game that buying a season package full of upper level tickets is simply not a good investment. You can almost always get in for ticket face value or pay a small premium and get lower level seats. If you factor in that with the season ticket package you must purchase exhibition games and some other lower quality games, season tix just doesn't make sense.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The way the tickets are packaged is the problem. Some say the Athletic Department has priced themselves out of their market, since the women's and men's tickets are often the same fan (like myself). What am I gonna buy? For now, nothing.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Have you seen our home basketball schedule? It can't help this year that our best OOC home game is against Arkansas!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
20 years ago a game against Arkansas would fill the house to the rafters and would be highly anticipated. It still should be.

Reaction Score
I don't buy season tickets for basketball like I do for football since there is no seat choice when ordering tickets. I tried their "give us your money and we will seat you where ever" a few years ago and ended up in seats in the next to the last row up in the ceiling of the XL center, then the Coliseum. As long as this is the way our athletic dept. runs its ticket program, I will never purchase season tickets again. Single games will be the only way to go either purchased through the program or outside scalpers.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FWIW, sitting mid-court in the rafters is considered a better seat in their program than say, 1/3 of the way up on the foul line in the 200's. I know I used to be there. They will work with you, a bit.

Reaction Score
You can make requests, at least in the XL center. I've put in my comments "not above row __ in any section" (normally L) and that's worked out for me since 2004-05. Of course, I've racked up a crapload of priority points because I buy the football season tickets (and put the seat donations under my name) for 15 people every year, so that could have something to do with it as well.

We'll see what I get this year making the same request. Last year was the first year I didn't buy season tickets in a while, as we had a baby due in late January and I knew I wasn't going to be getting out to many of the games. Come to think of it, the last time I didn't buy before that was the 2003-04 season. I'm sensing a trend here -- maybe I should cancel my order?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom