Season Ticket Renewals | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don’t underestimate the damage done to the UConn Huskies Brand. Priority Points for Life, abandoned for Seats for Life, Special Covid Donation, and now a doubling or more in price over 3 years - adding the final exclamation point on this trail of broken promises.

In the New World of NIL they are creating a shrinking fan base, which will make it more difficult to monetize anything.
If we win all will be forgotten. There was no damage done to the UConn Huskies brand, I don't know of any fan that turned their back on the team because ticket prices increased. Maybe they just wont go to as many games

Reaction Score
If we win all will be forgotten. There was no damage done to the UConn Huskies brand, I don't know of any fan that turned their back on the team because ticket prices increased. Maybe they just wont go to as many games
Well, many people cancelled seats. I don’t know anyone with multiple seats at various location and/or combination of MBB and WBB who have not cancelled something. Some have cancelled everything. I agree, winning overcomes a lot but it hasn’t exactly been an easy task for us the last 8 years.

Quite frankly, we will be dealing with a lot of smoke and mirror stuff from those who either are not capable of quantitative analysis or are running to cover up a poorly thought out decision after receiving a big raise. At some point, it will become transparent and the next deficit will speak to that.

Reaction Score
Chief did not address the brand in the prior post.
As far as the Brand. Maybe Chief is old school but being a good fan in a small state has got to have some connection to going to games. I know there are senior citizens who can’t attend and others who do watch on TV. But, ultimately what will the school do with seat donations location tickets if they don’t sell in season tickets? When you are paying thousands for a seat, having someone sit next to you for $100 isn’t the best message. We tried a version of that in football and it did not go well.
Not sure if you ever played the game, but it is nice having someone cheer you on in person. Cheering the team on from home on TV is like a tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear it land.

Reaction Score
Chief did not address the brand in the prior post.
As far as the Brand. Maybe Chief is old school but being a good fan in a small state has got to have some connection to going to games. I know there are senior citizens who can’t attend and others who do watch on TV. But, ultimately what will the school do with seat donations location tickets if they don’t sell in season tickets? When you are paying thousands for a seat, having someone sit next to you for $100 isn’t the best message. We tried a version of that in football and it did not go well.
Not sure if you ever played the game, but it is nice having someone cheer you on in person. Cheering the team on from home on TV is like a tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear it land.
What's the next step to generate revenue. Are they going to be like MLB and turn to a collection of streaming channels like Amazon prime, ESPN+, Peacock and Apple tv? I already pay more annually for cable tv and internet than I do for home, auto and umbrella insurance. I won't pay one dime more to watch the Yankees. If I only see 5 games a week instead of 7 so be it. If Uconn goes that route they will have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom