season ticket packages? | The Boneyard

season ticket packages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Been recovering from major op. in November.

Did I somehow miss new season ticket package offerings?

It would be interesting if and/or how the venture capitalists on the "Shark Tank" would value the product and "price point" if Warde & Sue were to appear as entrepreneurs looking for an investment for stadium expansion for a "return on equity".

It's a scary thought, and this is only a hypothetical question........realistically could not be an approachable concept on the program.

But I can anticipate the questions they ask typical entrepreneurs looking for a capital infusion into a "budding" business is the same Warde and Sue face trying to get donations for the same cause.......

What is your sales volume?

Is the price point too high/too low?

How do you place "X" value on your program?

I hope UConn Board of Trustees and athletic administrators consider the same questions relative to fans/supporters when they offer new season ticket packages.

Otherwise, they may get the same answers the "sharks" offer those with a poor business plan......

"I'm out!"

And that is really scary!

Reaction Score
We have discussed this ad nauseum. But with the product at its current state you wouldn't sell 40K season tickets if the price was $1/game (well-maybe you might, but only to scalpers/resellers). And then I don't think you would see 1 incremental person in the seats.

Maybe 5-10% of the season ticket base is price sensitive. Some of us die-hards are inelastic. The folks in the middle are the ones that would come, but not if the product sucks. So in my mind - it is a product issue, not a price issue. Price only matters on the margins (IMHO).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
IDK, I think they are looking for trouble if they try to charge more than $50. per for the preferred.

Reaction Score
Preferred works out to $42 per ticket right now including donation. No way it goes up. After twelve years season tix at the Rent..."I'm out" this year. Might go to select games

Reaction Score
i bought my 2014 season tickets last year on january 7, 2014-I checked my old e-mails. I haven't seen anything come out yet for 2015 tickets sales and its the same time of year as last. Nor has Diaco made any UConn bball appearences at half time this year.

What gives??

Reaction Score
Just called the ticket office. Season tickets will go on sale in mid-February.

Reaction Score
When do season tickets normally come out...maybe they are waiting on some "B1G" news to happen first.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The timing seems really weird. They're planning for something. My guess is that we will see a whole new pricing strategy. Otherwise, I don't know why they would wait so long to sell season tickets when next year is going to be tough to move any.

Reaction Score
In all honesty, the home slate this season is piss poor. I think it'll take much more than a revamped pricing strategy to get the casual fan to the Rent.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
In all honesty, the home slate this season is piss poor. I think it'll take much more than a revamped pricing strategy to get the casual fan to the Rent.

Yup. The combination of years of losing while playing a boring brand of football against opponents that the average UCONN fan isn't excited to see will make selling tickets incredibly difficult this upcoming year. Lots of season ticket holders were frustrated with paying full dime while casual fans went to games for discounted prices (or free!). Diehards may consider giving up their season tickets in favor of piecing their own season together through discount promotions and secondary (read: cheap $10 scalper tickets in the lots) markets.

Something is definitely up. Maybe they are re-pricing sections of the stadium. Maybe 2nd deck chair backs and preferred seats will drop? Maybe more young alumni pricing? Maybe more "Top of the Rent" seats that aren't so "top"? The delay is definitely telling.

Reaction Score
I think something is certainly up as well with the probability of different pricing/packages. I look forward to signing up for the sucker package. That's the one where you pay full price for your tickets and watch different faces come and go from all around you the entire season.

Reaction Score
I think something is certainly up as well with the probability of different pricing/packages. I look forward to signing up for the sucker package. That's the one where you pay full price for your tickets and watch different faces come and go from all around you the entire season.
I was wondering what that package was called!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom