Season starting line up | The Boneyard

Season starting line up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think even the most ardent Purvis supporter probably would agree he might start off better as a spark plug to help find himself off the bench as starting seemed to put too much pressure on him.

C-Amida(my hope is that everyone really starts getting on Amida about the fouls) he just cannot over extend his play. KO needs to sit him after 1 foul he cant be trusted in the early part with 1)

PF Facey I don't think anyone has earned this spot and there is some disappointment that we did not see Facey hit a couple of 3's or have 3-4 rebounds for baskets against div 2 teams. He gets it by default for now--but if we have to go 4-1 thtas that hes on the clock.

SF Hamilton--he could play 4 in a 4-1 bt right now--hes earned to start the 3 and play 32-35 minutes

SG Cassell--to me hes also earned 32 minutes. He played very very well. He spaces the floor for us hes a legit 3 pt shooter and we need that. We cannot win without someone who spaces the floor. He gets a bulk of minutes.

PG Boatright--hes been very good. I think it is possible Boat could start avg 22-23 points per game and we made need that but can he do that while staying in control and part of the team--so far hes been able to do 18.5 quite nicely--I mean hes been good.

Back up C Phil Nolan I think Phil and Purvis were the biggest disappointments so far. I really felt good about Phil coming in. He just needs to focus rebound and defend. When he gets the opportunity to score--try to get closer to the basket and ram anything down.

Back up 3 Omar Calhoun---If hes healthy--he walks into the back up 3 man position

Samuels and Purvis--they get the bulk of back up minutes--most likely in 3 guard sets. These guys are end to end spark plug players and off the bench should be explosive and very helpful

I think Rakim is strictly a FT guy right now--I digress abit about what I thought he could come in and do--but thats ok we need guys like this as 4 year players and I expect him to have his minutes and play well at times

Reaction Score
SCJ looked great on O- he will need to prove he can play at the same level on the D side of the floor to get 32 minutes a game. I do like what I have seen so far. DH is a stud. I am willing to give RP some time - this whole season is going to be an exercise in patience. Rak is huge- but he needs a few years to get polished- great potential.

H

huskymagic

I think even the most ardent Purvis supporter probably would agree he might start off better as a spark plug to help find himself off the bench as starting seemed to put too much pressure on him.

C-Amida(my hope is that everyone really starts getting on Amida about the fouls) he just cannot over extend his play. KO needs to sit him after 1 foul he cant be trusted in the early part with 1)

PF Facey I don't think anyone has earned this spot and there is some disappointment that we did not see Facey hit a couple of 3's or have 3-4 rebounds for baskets against div 2 teams. He gets it by default for now--but if we have to go 4-1 thtas that hes on the clock.

SF Hamilton--he could play 4 in a 4-1 bt right now--hes earned to start the 3 and play 32-35 minutes

SG Cassell--to me hes also earned 32 minutes. He played very very well. He spaces the floor for us hes a legit 3 pt shooter and we need that. We cannot win without someone who spaces the floor. He gets a bulk of minutes.

PG Boatright--hes been very good. I think it is possible Boat could start avg 22-23 points per game and we made need that but can he do that while staying in control and part of the team--so far hes been able to do 18.5 quite nicely--I mean hes been good.

Back up C Phil Nolan I think Phil and Purvis were the biggest disappointments so far. I really felt good about Phil coming in. He just needs to focus rebound and defend. When he gets the opportunity to score--try to get closer to the basket and ram anything down.

Back up 3 Omar Calhoun---If hes healthy--he walks into the back up 3 man position

Samuels and Purvis--they get the bulk of back up minutes--most likely in 3 guard sets. These guys are end to end spark plug players and off the bench should be explosive and very helpful

I think Rakim is strictly a FT guy right now--I digress abit about what I thought he could come in and do--but thats ok we need guys like this as 4 year players and I expect him to have his minutes and play well at times

Agree with everything you wrote scrappy.

Reaction Score
real playas cant wait to get on floor and have fun

their fun consists of assists to teammates, top flight defense to spark teammates and celebrate teammates success, spurring on mates to hustle and return favors to them-the whole synergistic symbiotic thing=by giving you shall receive

this silly business about giving so called players time to shed rust is joke

real playas enjoy their team and luv their team

rusty players are not playas because all they are concerned about is self

if observers classify dude as rusty that dude is probably not having any fun and maybe involved with wrong endeavor

current "fun" guyz= boat, casell, always newrip, tsam, amida, rockski

guess what-fun gyz = successful dudes

Reaction Score
fun guyz also have fun by talkin on both ends of floor alotski, set solid screens, students of game details, talk alot on bench, project instincts & competitiveness on floor, continue to dev off hand if weak, add moves & shots to game repertoire, stay humble, laugh at pressure & want ball at crunch munchtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom