Season record prediction reset | The Boneyard

Season record prediction reset

Reaction Score
I am interested to see how the start to the season has affected everyone's thoughts on this year's W-L. I had 18-13, but now I do not see us breaking 15 wins.

15-16

Reaction Score
Its the second game of the season, we can still end up there. Players will get their head out of their a**.

Reaction Score
Not enough losses to cause panic in the BY (oh wait, people (myself included) tend to panic easily here) but also enough losses where there will be some slight disappointment and "what ifs" floating around.

Something like 18 wins seems appropriate, along with 1 win in the NIT. I have a sense this will turn out being like that 17-14 season where Uconn had a number of incredibly solid wins including 88-74 over Texas but also a number of W--T--F losses that eventually doomed that particular team. Not as far as talent, but more so that kind of that roller coaster type of ride. Though I think Akok and the freshmen guard tandem will end up being very good.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I predict they play better if they take it one game at a time, and that I have a better day today if I stay in the present and enjoy yoga, art, bidding relocating friends a fond farewell, good food & drink, and two very different live music performers at the same venue.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd need to see how long DH sticks with AG as lead dog based on his post-game comments, and whether AG actually improves. I have no idea if DH will be stubborn about this if the team is .500 entering league play. I'd do another reset at that point, but for now, I'm seeing .500.

Reaction Score
If I counted correctly there are 15 more very winnable games
Buffalo
Maine
Iona
St. Peters
New Hampshire
NJIT
@ USF
Tulane
Tulsa
Temple
@ Tulsa
USF
UCF
ECU
@Tulane
16 wins if we win all of these and none else.

Games with a shot at winning

Florida
Indiana
Wichita State
Cincinnati
@SMU
Memphis
@Temple
Houston

If we win half of these and the rest of the “easy” games we’d have 20 wins.

Very hard games

Xavier (maybe)
@Cincinnati
@Villinova
@Houston
@Memphis

I see it very likely that this team is able to win 20 games. The St. Joes breakdown will not define our whole season. We’ve got an important game on Sunday and the team should be fired up in a winnable scenario. A win gives us momentum into a winnable Buffalo game and then a tough Xavier game. Will the momentum be enough?

After the tourney we will have 2 games that we should win (but Iona @ Gampel will give me PTSD of St. Joes). But none the less 2 wins should bring us into MSG rolling for our game against Indiana. A tough team albeit but the crowd should be in our favor and our team should be fired up to pick up another win.

After the MSG game a win against a good Indian team should be the confidence this team needs to close out December against two bad teams and a decent UNH.

3 wins to close out December is what this team needs to head to Cincinnati where we came close to winning last year year. Will be be in a better state mentally prior to that matchup than we were last year and will that be the deciding factor.

Moving on through conference play we play 2 lower half teams before a home matchup with Wichita State. I expect fans to come out in big numbers and roll the team to a win and head to Philadelphia with some momentum to face mighty Villanova.

Following Villanova the team will head out to Houston and the Villanova game will likely impact the Houston game strongly, is the team rolling are they down.

We close out January with Tulsa and Temple at home and should be happy to snag 2 wins because these teams always seem to give us fits.

February begins with @Memphis and then @Tulsa and these games worry me because this team could easily lose both these games and destroy their confidence right before a home game with Cincinnati.

Following Cincinnati the team travels to SMU and then will come back home to face the Tigers in a game where the crowd will be a factor in the game. A win would roll this team through February closing out the month with @ Temple, USF, UCF, and @ ECU.

@ECU will be a big game for Gilbert. Family of his always shows up in big numbers and might just rally him to lead the team through March.

In March senior day will be a great matchup with Houston before the team heads to New Orleans(Tulane) for the final game before the conference tournament.

Depending on how conferences play plays out I fully expect a top 5 seed which would warrant at least 1 win but this team likely needs to reach the semifinals as well as a 20+ win season to be considered for the NCAA tournament.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
In order for this team to break away from the blah seasons of recent past, the coaching staff needs to take a step forward and make necessary adjustments during the games as needed.
Its great to talk in pressers about underwear in soliloquy, etc but that only goes so far
I understand they can't shoot or pass the ball for the players but to practice rebounding for a week and see zero improvement????
I am still hoping for a 20 plus win season and think it possible but there is a lot of good sense that indicates lesser results
The two great recruits help for 2020

Reaction Score
We don’t have a super tough schedule. If we finish at or below .500 Hurley did a terrible job. But we won’t

Reaction Score
I am interested to see how the start to the season has affected everyone's thoughts on this year's W-L. I had 18-13, but now I do not see us breaking 15 wins.

15-16
UK lost to Evansville. Dont believe anything you see in November.

Reaction Score
Akok
Whalley
Bouknight
Vital
Gilbert
I think by seasons end this will be our best lineup. Yup, I know I sound insane. This team isnt big or physical and cant rebound to save their lives so they should press, press, press on defense and run, run, run on offense.

Reaction Score
UK lost to Evansville. Dont believe anything you see in November.
I'm not just basing it solely on the St. Joe's game. Besides, I had them at 18 wins, and they already lost what I had considered to be a gimme. Therefore I really only lowered my expectation by 2 wins.

That being said, I hope I'm way wrong and you guys predicting 30-1 are much closer!

Reaction Score
I said 19 before the season started and ppl grilled me for it. Hope we do better but not convinced we can do better than that after St Joe’s

Reaction Score
No... I can’t do it.

1573961906681.gif

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
I'm gonna be optimistic.

I think we figure it out. Win the rest of the games were "supposed too" and win a few we aren't. 21 wins, maybe 22!

Reaction Score
Power Index says 20-10 so with other Charleston Classic games that puts us at 21-11 by that "metric."

Play like the first half of game 2 and we are looking more at 12-20 but Hurley won't let the team move backwards.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say we go into the conf tourney at 18-14. However, 15-20 wins is the range.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If the other night was the wake up call it should be we’ll be fine.

Reaction Score
Always thought we would have a nonsense loss somewhere this year, still think we end up with at least 20 wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom