Season predictions..... | The Boneyard

Season predictions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know some don't like predicting scores but the gambler in me loves it. I am going to predict the average UCONN points per game and their average margin of victory for anyone who would care to join me. My prediction is 86.5 points per game with an average margin of victory of 37.3 points. It will only be for regular season games and I will keep a running tally updated after each game for anyone interested.

Reaction Score
RENO - good thread. HUSK: amazing. I did this little exercise about a week ago (with a guestimate for every player, assuming no injuries) and came up with your exact total. (And, we're only a point and a half away from RENO.) Did you arrive at your 88 in the same way?? Re point spread, I have no clue.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Do you think in the interest of the AAC Geno will do everything reasonable to keep the scores from getting too embarrassing? If so, our two walk-ons will see lots of action because the rest of the bench is superior to most in conference opponents.

Reaction Score
Do you think in the interest of the AAC Geno will do everything reasonable to keep the scores from getting too embarrassing? If so, our two walk-ons will see lots of action because the rest of the bench is superior to most in conference opponents.
I think he will, but in the interest of competition they still have to play ball. Can't start running out the clock with 15 minutes to go. UCONN normally leads the nation in Margin of Victory so when they win by 40 it won't be much of a story.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the record for margin of victory was set by the legendary 2002 team at about 34.5 or so. You remember them--1/3 of our Olympic team was among that group.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hopefully we get some serious score predictions when the season start... not margins nor a game summary... just final "score predictions"

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
What I do is for every game, I add 25 points to the opponents score (this year for aac games except LvL). That way, watching the game is a little more exciting. For league play, may have to increase that number if the Huskies don't let off the gas.

Reaction Score
UConn faces 8 teams in the top 25 (USA poll); this includes Louisville. The other 21 games are with unranked teams and within the AAC teams are ranked anywhere from 30 USF to 300 Houston. With a margin of victory for the ranked teams at 20 and the unranked teams at 48, my final numbers are 92 - 52 as the median point spread 40 pts a game will be a new NCAA D1 record

Reaction Score
By Christmas break, we will have UCONN played most of their toughest games...........

Reaction Score
Winlots-I'd love to say I put a bunch of figures into my calculator but honestly, I just looked at our most dominant teams in the past and what they did and made adjustments for playing in a weaker conference. I have to say it was hard for me to predict our Huskies will score under 90 ppt but I know Geno will try not to embarrass many of the opponents….just so many weapons-bring on the season-absolutely can't wait to eat dinner with my two UCONN daughters at Geno's new restaurant before the Stanford game 11/11-Make your dinner reservations now for that night!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom