Season-ending BY25 poll: Results are in | The Boneyard

Season-ending BY25 poll: Results are in

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A fittingly inconclusive ending?

We have a tie atop the point standings in our final poll.

1584379798054.png

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Arkansas 21, Ohio State 10, TCU 6, Marquette 5, James Madison 4.

The following teams were listed on only one ballot: Iowa State, Boston College, Portland.

Unfortunately — but perhaps not surprisingly under the circumstances — the voter turnout was slightly down for this last poll. Twelve ballots were submitted, compared to the average of 16-17 ballots in the midseason polls.

I want to thank everyone who helped make the Boneyard poll a thing.

Reaction Score

View attachment 52062

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): Arkansas 21, Ohio State 10, TCU 6, Marquette 5, James Madison 4.

The following teams were listed on only one ballot: Iowa State, Boston College, Portland.

Unfortunately — but perhaps not surprisingly under the circumstances — the voter turnout was slightly down for this last poll. Twelve ballots were submitted, compared to the average of 16-17 ballots in the midseason polls.

Thank you for all your hard work during the season. Especially, the recaps of the previous two weeks. It was a lot of fun I hope we can do this next season with more people.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thank you for all your hard work during the season. Especially, the recaps of the previous two weeks. It was a lot of fun I hope we can do this next season with more people.
At this point it's hard to make predictions about whether next season will even happen. But, provided it does, and assuming other conditions are favorable, I hope we can make it even bigger and better.

Reaction Score
Best poll I have ever seen after a pandemic ends a season. Well down and the tie for the top was just right.

Still I just don't understand how Portland only got one vote considering they were one of only 14 teams to actually have qualified for the tourney Other who qualified were ranked 1, 1, 4, 5, 8, 13, 14, 16, and 21 and they just beat Gonzaga who ended up #16. You would have thought the person who voted for BC would have added UP since theoretically they knocked them out of the tourney (at least per Creme). Just saying.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Love that Oregon and SC tied - I was back and forth between them and feel very confident one of the two would have taken home the big trophy. And yes, Plebe, thanks again for all your great work with this. Here's hoping we can pick up where we left off in November!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@Plebe Three thoughts.... I know its probably impossible... but it would be interesting if you did like the AP Poll and could show which voter voted for who :cool: UNC-Asheville got a vote?? Who did that
scratch.gif

Perhaps.. every 2 to 3 weeks... maybe a top 10 mid to low mid major poll. You know.. to give the little guys some recognition.

Lastly... its hard work to sit down and come up with a top 25.... lots of carbs are burned off in the process..... perhaps reward voters with a bottle of Big Red.... Chicken Fried Steak with White Gravy... and a carton of Blue Bell (butter pecan) ice cream? Just a suggestion. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

View attachment 52062

Well now I feel terrible. Even though I absolutely was in a situation yesterday and today that didn’t allow me to vote I would have voted South Carolina as number one. Although I think ultimately Oregon would have had a great shot to win it all, South Carolina has been getting it done on the court. Sorry Gamecocks.

Reaction Score
Thanks for doing the Poll Plebe! Oregon went 10-1 versus the top 15 (in this poll) which would be against teams that presumably would be top 4 seeds in the tourney (They also were only the 2nd team to ever beat Team USA). South Carolina went 6-0 versus the Top 16 and Connecticut was their only common opponent each winning by 18, Oregon's win was on the road however! Baylor for comparison went 1-1 (with their loss being to South Carolina and they beat UConn by 16 at Hartford, the game was a 1 point game at the 6 minute mark of the 4th quarter) versus the top 16 (4 presumable regional seeds). It would be interesting for those that are UConn fans, whom their Champion would be since they faced all 3 and have a unique perspective!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well now I feel terrible. Even though I absolutely was in a situation yesterday and today that didn’t allow me to vote I would have voted South Carolina as number one. Although I think ultimately Oregon would have had a great shot to win it all, South Carolina has been getting it done on the court. Sorry Gamecocks.
Please don't put it on yourself. Several of our regular voters were also unable to submit a ballot, and I'm sure some of them would've likely voted for Oregon, if their most recent ballot is any indication.

I myself went back and forth multiple times before ultimately settling on S. Carolina. But if you were to ask me tonight or tomorrow, my opinion might change!

Reaction Score
Interesting, as President Dewey might have said.

Reaction Score
Is it ME, or did I see NO Notre Dame???? Just ask'n....
Interesting Irony. ND along with Tennessee may be the only winners from the shutdown. Both were #4 and #1 in active NCAA tourney streaks and ND for sure wouldn't have made it while Tennessee was clearly on the bubble (last 4 in), one or two tourney upsets away. Now there tourney streak is still in tact.

Officially only 14 schools had qualified for the NCAA tourney. Even #6 Stanford and #7 L'ville have the same status as ND and Tennessee as it related to the NCAA qualifications, since they all lost in their tourney. Also #3 Baylor who hadn't started their tourney also didn't qualified (so didn't extend their #6 streak). There one positive is as defending champion they now can hold the title for 2 year since they didn't lose it to Oregon (or the remote possibility South Carolina). Just think if ND hadn't lost by 1 point in the championship, they would have still been defending champion next year after a 13-18 season.

Here's a link on the streak. The good news is with UConn qualifying they have tied Stanford for #2 for consecutive qualifications, but still 1 behind on consecutive NCAA tourneys played.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I don't think that's going to be a kosher way of measuring things. Lots of teams would have qualified if the NCAA had revealed its bracket, so picking and choosing only the ones that won conference tournaments that had been completed before the mass cancellation is tenuous at best. If you didn't play in a tournament game this year, you can't have an active streak unless you suspend this year entirely, in which case, everyone is where they were at the end of 2018-19.
I am joking that UConn tied Stanford for their streak, but the reality is the tourney got cancelled and only 14 teams were even in a position to say they got into the tournament prior to the cancellation. How can we honestly say Tennessee made it or didn't (to extend their 36 game streak) even if it's obvious that Stanford made it. I am sure others like Louisville, UCLA, Arizona, Mississippi state, Northwestern, Oregon State, and Gonzaga would have made it, but where do you draw the line.

Personally I am more disappointed for a team like University of Portland, who may not make it next year. I really think they should add some play-in games in 2021 for any team that had officially made the 2020 tourney, but may not make it next year even if it means having 66 or 68 teams, They won the tourney fair and square to get the qualification How are they rewarded in this season that didn't finish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom