Season being cancelled after 5 straight wins. | The Boneyard

Season being cancelled after 5 straight wins.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
In retrospect probably wasn’t a bad way for the season to end. Maybe we go on a run and win the irrelevant AAC conference championship but I don’t think we were going on some larger title run. We were down to 7 players who looked a little worn in the last game. This was always going to be a rebuilding year.

Thoughts on the way the season ended?

Reaction Score
Well... in the end no one won so it is what it is. I can’t wait for a season where we aren’t battling injuries down the stretch. This is a common occurrence the last few seasons. Full rosters do the most damage come playoff time. With our depth looking good in all areas I am hoping minutes are scattered efficiently.

Reaction Score
In retrospect probably wasn’t a bad way for the season to end. Maybe we go on a run and win the irrelevant AAC conference championship but I don’t think we were going on some larger title run. We were down to 7 players who looked a little worn in the last game. This was always going to be a rebuilding year.

Thoughts on the way the season ended?
I was looking forward to adding 10 more wins to that streak.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If winning the AAC gets you to go dancing - to me, it isn't irrelevent

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I really think we would have at least gotten to the finals, and that may have been enough to get an at large.

I fully believe that opponents would’ve had to put a hit out on CV to keep him from leading us to the dance. He was playing out-of-his-mind incredible basketball down the stretch...and he proved to be a phenomenal leader with the right guidance. Really gonna miss his grit and will.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Should’ve just played with no fans, it’s what we are headed towards and Corona is much worse now than it was in March.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The title scared me a bit when I saw it this morning .... thought was referring to 2020.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Totally bummed, they were jelling despite being down to only 7 players. They weren't tired, they're college age kids (remember, we've been down that "tired" path before). The last home game vs Houston was the best UConn atmosphere I've experienced since the Elite 8 game in 2014.

They could have won the AAC Tournament, and that would have been a wonderful accomplishment. They could have won their first game in the dance, and with the right matchups and breaks maybe even advanced to the S16. No visions of a deep run in the dance, but we'll never know.

And as somebody already said, Vital should of had that chance, I wish the kid did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom