Sean Miller + Xavier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller + Xavier

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
good mid-major landing spot to try and redeem his sweaty career.

friendly reminder that he essentially got his former assistant fired so he could get his job. scumbag doesnt begin to describe this clown.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Is he definitely not going to have to do prison time?

Following up, are you allowed to make recruiting calls collect?

Reaction Score
good mid-major landing spot to try and redeem his sweaty career.

friendly reminder that he essentially got his former assistant fired so he could get his job. scumbag doesnt begin to describe this clown.
How so can you explain? I am not debating you, I really don’t know.
Wasn’t Travis Steele’s February swoons the last 3 years or whatever and missing the tournament what got him jettisoned?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
How so can you explain? I am not debating you, I really don’t know.
Wasn’t Travis Steele’s February swoons the last 3 years or whatever and missing the tournament what got him jettisoned?
the reporting was they were leaning towards bringing Steele back. I mean he coached the first NIT game.

South Carolina was pursuing Sean Miller and essentially Miller's agent contacted Xavier and that dominoed to Steele kinda getting fired outta no where.

Reaction Score
Sean Miller would be awesome for the Big East conference, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong. The dude can coach.
I don't care if he's a scumbag. I love having scumbags in our conference, as long as it's not us.
Can he really coach? All that talent at Arizona for years and never sniffed a Final 4....glad we played a roll in that ;)

I agree he's a sweaty scumbag though. I think he's a better fit with the SEC...plenty of his ilk there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the reporting was they were leaning towards bringing Steele back. I mean he coached the first NIT game.

South Carolina was pursuing Sean Miller and essentially Miller's agent contacted Xavier and that dominoed to Steele kinda getting fired outta no where.
Oh I see. Okay that makes sense. I remember thinking it was strange that Steele was let go even though he coached the first NIT game.

Reaction Score
Can he really coach? All that talent at Arizona for years and never sniffed a Final 4....glad we played a roll in that ;)

I agree he's a sweaty scumbag though.
I agree with your premise, but think it’s a little disingenuous to go all the way to saying he never sniffed one.

In addition to the E8 loss against the good guys, don’t forget his back to back excruciating E8 losses to Wisconsin in 2014 and 2015. Came close all three times.

Reaction Score
I agree with your premise, but think it’s a little disingenuous to go all the way to saying he never sniffed one.

In addition to the E8 loss against the good guys, don’t forget his back to back excruciating E8 losses to Wisconsin in 2014 and 2015. Came close all three times.
Ok he got a whiff of the Final 4 in the distance but good coaches get over the hump. For 12 years he basically had his pick of 5 star talent and never got past the elite 8.

Numerous coaches in college basketball have done more with much less so imo Miller is nothing special as a coach.

Reaction Score
I have said this before ... and repeat

This "new" Big East of ours is a til magnetically to passionate fanbases in the midwest: Creighton, Marquette and Xavier are impressive. All with solid coaching. Butler? Also a good solid fanbase with a coaching mystery. DePaul? Very impressed with Stubblefield; he should be interesting to watch this summer.

We have a open sore in the east with Georgetown. I am far higher on Mike Anderson than their vocal fan base and the NY Post. Providence is Providence. Seton Hall actually is better than 1995-2010. Villanova? Their fans act like they are on a throne. Gillespie era is over; a significant rebuild is in order. I love Sean Miller hire ... and fully wired to throw bricks.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Hate to break it to you but Hurley is that guy. Every fanbase in the league hates him. Threatening to fight fans and complaining about the refs after games - he is so obnoxious
He is obnoxious during games. His antics are childish.
I don’t think he’s a scumbag though. I think scumbag implies dirty/sleazy, and I don’t think Hurley is that.

Reaction Score

I would be extremely surprised if they weren't going to fire him eventually, just after the season/NIT was over. Miller getting offered South Carolina bumped up the timeframe, but didn't change the course of what would happen.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

I agree he's a sweaty scumbag though. I think he's a better fit with the SEC...plenty of his ilk there.
Yea he can coach. He can coach like heck.
It’s really really hard to make Final Fours, and that’s not something we can fully grasp at UConn because of how fortunate we’ve been. But it’s something we’re going to learn with Hurley in the coming years.

I think Miller will make Xavier a much better team than they have been of late, and therefore raise the profile of the Big East.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Ok he got a whiff of the Final 4 in the distance but good coaches get over the hump. For 12 years he basically had his pick of 5 star talent and never got past the elite 8.

Numerous coaches in college basketball have done more with much less so imo Miller is nothing special as a coach.
Miller’s outsized skill has always been his ability to get players. We have some insight into how he’s done it. Will he be able to keep it up is the question.

Reaction Score
I Love This for the Big East. He, Hurley, and Wright will bring legitimate NBA talent into the BE. It’s the only thing this conference is lacking compared to the other major conferences

Reaction Score
It’s really really hard to make Final Fours, and that’s not something we can fully grasp at UConn because of how fortunate we’ve been.
Which is crazy because we've had great teams led by Chris Smith, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Caron Butler, and Rudy Gay that didn't make the Final Four. Yet we all—rightly—consider Calhoun the GOAT.

Championships are hard. Final Fours are also hard.

Reaction Score
Can he really coach? All that talent at Arizona for years and never sniffed a Final 4....
How many current BE coaches have other than wright? Our program only has 1 more final four appearance than chips, which is why I don’t really care about appearances. It’s All or nothing so a FF is just not a good barometer for success imo.

Reaction Score
Which is crazy because we've had great teams led by Chris Smith, Donyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Caron Butler, and Rudy Gay that didn't make the Final Four. Yet we all—rightly—consider Calhoun the GOAT.

Championships are hard. Final Fours are also hard.
they are difficult to achieve. That’s why I always find it strange when people say Calipari has done nothing with his one and done talent.

Reaction Score
He's a rare breed of cheat. Not to many coaches have had two assistants indicted and pled guilty in the court system for job related offenses. Book Richardson his long time assistant spent time busting rocks, and the other guy took a plea deal. Pretty amazing a Catholic university would hire a guy under a current multiple level one investigation that also includes the Feds before it was completed, and in fact guys have already been convicted or pled guilty. Bad look at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom