Sean Miller Out at Arizona | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller Out at Arizona

Reaction Score
Would we be interested in James akinjo still if he wanted out? I know he can lead , pass and play d but can he stroke it?

Reaction Score
Makes me think something is going on. Roy retires out of the blue, now Miller finally fired. Seems strange to me, but could just be coincidence.
Who else is on the grimy list
Keep an eye on cal.....wait. He told a dude to leave
K had a kid leave
izzo?
Boeheim lost a full team?!?!
Capel? Who cares?
Pitino? Meh
Huggy bear isn’t like that to this extent
Keep an eye on Illinois
Scott drew
Western Kentucky
And of course LSU

Reaction Score
Um, wasn’t it Miller himself caught on tape?? I’m pretty sure it was.
ESPN reported that a few years back but never provided any proof and nothing has surfaced. Most think they got the reporting wrong (Schlabach).

Reaction Score
ESPN reported that a few years back but never provided any proof and nothing has surfaced. Most think they got the reporting wrong (Schlabach).
The article is still up on the ESPN web site.

Others have that information also.

Reaction Score
The article is still up on the ESPN web site.

Others have that information also.

Difference is Dawkins and Richardson on wiretap talking about what Miller said (hearsay) vs. Miller himself (evidence). The latter is what ESPN reported and has not been corroborated.

Reaction Score
How is that crooked coach at LSU still employed?

Dude been blatantly stealing / paying players for years including the diminutive PG kid out of New Haven that UCONN wanted / needed several years ago.

Reaction Score
How is that crooked coach at LSU still employed?

Dude been blatantly stealing / paying players for years including the diminutive PG kid out of New Haven that UCONN wanted / needed several years ago.

Cuz the whole program is shady . They don’t care about anything other than money. So now they’re just staying silent until they have the opportunity to fire Wade with cause.

Also, anyone else find it funny that LSU chose to self investigate the Les Miles stuff, and as a result Les Miles and Kansas got screwed, while LSU really avoided any punishment. I think I read they had like only a couple lower level employees left from that time who got minor punishments.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Oof. I'm a sweaty bastard--even moreso when I was 40+ pounds heavier--and having air-conditioned car seats is something I now consider essential.

Obviously that won't save you with the flu though.

On a somewhat similar note, once I was wearing my finest wool flannel suit for a major argument in federal court, which my then-major client was attending with me. The court is around a 3/4 mile walk from my office and I was loading up one of those pull carts with my lit bag and a box of exhibits. As I was bending over to secure the bungee cords, the seat of my pants split clear through. 12"+ of boxer briefs, ass and thigh showing. I looked at her and said "My jacket should cover it from behind, and she (the judge) will never see it from the front. So you're the only one who knows."

One of the stranger arguments I've had. Was hard to feel comfortable. Won half and lost half, which was probably the right outcome in any event.
Look at it this way, you were well prepared if the judge wanted to see your briefs.

Reaction Score
Damon Stoudamire is a nice fit to coach in Tucson. He’s currently at Pacific and has a .480 record over five years, 32-19 over his last two seasons.

The WCC to P12 is a natural jump for a coaching climbing the ladder. Would be cool to have a qualified alum take over the helm and I could imagine Wildcats fans to love that hire.

I'm rooting for Stoudamire.

Reaction Score
This obsessions schools have with hiring former players or assistants, to the point where Arizona's list includes a guy who has done OK as a mid-level WCC coach, a high school coach, a lousy NBA coach who probably committed assault, and Josh Pastner, is absurd. You're Arizona. You're a big-time job. Go out and hire a top coach. Why are you limiting yourself? This offseason has been utterly bizarre. So many schools passing on proven head coaches so they can hire an assistant they know. Basically every serious program except Marquette, Texas, and Utah has punted this offseason, and there have been a lot of open jobs of note.

Reaction Score
This obsessions schools have with hiring former players or assistants, to the point where Arizona's list includes a guy who has done OK as a mid-level WCC coach, a high school coach, a lousy NBA coach who probably committed assault, and Josh Pastner, is absurd. You're Arizona. You're a big-time job. Go out and hire a top coach. Why are you limiting yourself? This offseason has been utterly bizarre. So many schools passing on proven head coaches so they can hire an assistant they know. Basically every serious program except Marquette, Texas, and Utah has punted this offseason, and there have been a lot of open jobs of note.
I had the same thought as you earlier in the offseason, but I think part of it is there aren't a lot of obvious candidates of note. Yeah, you're a big time basketball program, but are you really going to be able to poach a good coach from a P5 football school? You gonna outbid Alabama for Nate Oats? Arkansas for Musselman? These also-ran football schools have started ponying up and prioritizing coaching.

The best non-P5 coaches are totally entrenched or just became untouchable for moral reasons: Sampson at Houston, Mark Few at Gonzaga, Randy Bennett at St Mary's, Gregg Marshall, Greg McDermott. The hottest name, Porter Moser (who is going to Oklahoma) had literally 10 straight losing seasons in mid-major conference play before getting hot with 4 years of Cameron Krutwig. He's not exactly a sure thing.

Brian Dutcher is literally an alum of Minnesota, his Dad coached there, all his family lives in the area, he visits yearly, and they couldn't pry him from SDSU. (To be fair, why would you leave San Diego for Minnesota if you're in your 60s).

Mark Schmidt at Bonnaventure should get some looks, but I think he wanted to come back since all his guys are back (he'll have 6 seniors next year in his 7 man rotation).

Reaction Score
I had the same thought as you earlier in the offseason, but I think part of it is there aren't a lot of obvious candidates of note. Yeah, you're a big time basketball program, but are you really going to be able to poach a good coach from a P5 football school? You gonna outbid Alabama for Nate Oats? Arkansas for Musselman? These also-ran football schools have started ponying up and prioritizing coaching.

The best non-P5 coaches are totally entrenched or just became untouchable for moral reasons: Sampson at Houston, Mark Few at Gonzaga, Randy Bennett at St Mary's, Gregg Marshall, Greg McDermott. The hottest name, Porter Moser (who is going to Oklahoma) had literally 10 straight losing seasons in mid-major conference play before getting hot with 4 years of Cameron Krutwig. He's not exactly a sure thing.

Brian Dutcher is literally an alum of Minnesota, his Dad coached there, all his family lives in the area, he visits yearly, and they couldn't pry him from SDSU. (To be fair, why would you leave San Diego for Minnesota if you're in your 60s).

Mark Schmidt at Bonnaventure should get some looks, but I think he wanted to come back since all his guys are back (he'll have 6 seniors next year in his 7 man rotation).
Not to mention the possibility of sanctions coming at some point. That will probably scare off some of the candidates.

Reaction Score

Maybe not Arizona because of possible sanctions but Oats and Musselman would leave in a second for UNC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MILLER OUT AT AZ !
There is a God after all ! The NCAA shook my faith, but in the end, there is a God!

Reaction Score
My guess is that on the earlier infractions from years past the administrators probably said "well this is a headache but he is bringing in great talent, let's see how good this can go until the headache becomes insurmountable". At this point, it seemed like they couldn't get away with sweeping this under the carpet and said "damn enough of this, we need to hire someone else" or the simple cost-benefit analysis said that it wasn't worth it anymore whereas with Bill Self, KU is a-okay with everything.
But it took the regents to tell him to walk. The AD was about to give him an extension.
You can just picture Miller going to the AD and saying, "you know, I've brought in a lot of revenue for the university and think it's only fair that my efforts be recognized just as my buddy Bill Self's achievements have been rewarded at Kansas".
The AD, fearing he'd be blamed for losing his future Hall of Shame coach, was apparently ready to comply with the big new contract.

Reaction Score
Jefferson is so outraged about Miller getting fired it makes me wonder if he might be identified as someone who was paid to go to Arizona.
Let the NCAA take action and report on all the allegations in detail so we can learn just who was paid in the past as well as the current group.

Reaction Score
But it took the regents to tell him to walk. The AD was about to give him an extension.
You can just picture Miller going to the AD and saying, "you know, I've brought in a lot of revenue for the university and think it's only fair that my efforts be recognized just as my buddy Bill Self's achievements have been rewarded at Kansas".
The AD, fearing he'd be blamed for losing his future Hall of Shame coach, was apparently ready to comply with the big new contract.
oh, interesting. The AD was willing to keep him and give him the extension. I only know on a peripheral level what has happened at Arizona, maybe I need to read more on this. So, maybe I have to substitute "administrators" with "board of regents" in my original post. What motivated them to show Miller the door? Did their values or whatever not line up with the AD's values or whatever?

Reaction Score
Jefferson is so outraged about Miller getting fired it makes me wonder if he might be identified as someone who was paid to go to Arizona.
Let the NCAA take action and report on all the allegations in detail so we can learn just who was paid in the past as well as the current group.
I like Jefferson a ton as a commentator as he is entertaining and knowledgeable. Plus, he had a good career as a NBA player. But reading his reaction to all of this makes me believe he is too emotional about this situation to exercise good judgement, not that he is the decider of who becomes coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Richard Jefferson is 40. He didn't play for Sean Miller.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom