Sean Miller Out at Arizona | The Boneyard

Sean Miller Out at Arizona

Reaction Score
Wow, this is big news. That is a big job opening. Anyone know who the leading candidates are?

I wonder where Sean Miller ends up. Unless he has a show cause penalty I would think a mid major would take a chance on him.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised they waited this long. I honestly didn’t think they were going to get rid of him at this point. I just figured if they were going to fire him they would have already. But it 110% makes sense.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised they waited this long. I honestly didn’t think they were going to get rid of him at this point. I just figured if they were going to fire him they would have already. But it makes sense.
My guess is that on the earlier infractions from years past the administrators probably said "well this is a headache but he is bringing in great talent, let's see how good this can go until the headache becomes insurmountable". At this point, it seemed like they couldn't get away with sweeping this under the carpet and said "damn enough of this, we need to hire someone else" or the simple cost-benefit analysis said that it wasn't worth it anymore whereas with Bill Self, KU is a-okay with everything.

Reaction Score
They didn't really miss any big names in the carousel anyways (weren't going to get Beard, Hubert Davis and Woodson were alum whatevers, didn't want Shaka). Just Porter Moser I guess, which is fine.

I bet they make a run at Few, but his program is in high gear and no titles yet, so I doubt it. Also Steve Kerr (alum who loves the school), but unlikely.

Miles Simon will probably get mentioned. Mark Pope from BYU.

Reaction Score
So do they look inward for a coach or externally? Damon Stoudamire coaches Pacific (albeit not very successfully) and they have a number of ex players as assistants in the NBA.. Miles Simon, Buechler... Pastner played for UA and started his coaching career under Lute. I bet he gets a look. Jason Gardner is at IUPUI.... Or they can look externally? A lot of big names schools in the coaching market right now.

Reaction Score
I know we don't want small guards..but Akinjo should shake loose. Im not sure what his numbers or metrics were this past season

Reaction Score
Odd timing. One year left on the contract. After burying their heads in the sands about violations.

Reaction Score
So do they look inward for a coach or externally? Damon Stoudamire coaches Pacific (albeit not very successfully) and they have a number of ex players as assistants in the NBA.. Miles Simon, Buechler... Pastner played for UA and started his coaching career under Lute. I bet he gets a look. Jason Gardner is at IUPUI.... Or they can look externally? A lot of big names schools in the coaching market right now.
Luke Walton maybe? He’s probably getting fired soon

Reaction Score
I bet they make a run at Few, but his program is in high gear and no titles yet
that might be the key qualifier. you don't voluntarily leave a school after winning a chip, unless it's to your alma mater maybe, and i'm not sure that's ever happened. but few still hasnt won....

i'd go to zona and bring hallis and chet to turbocharge that rebuild. it has the second best history after ucla in the conference. few would run the PAC for the next 2 decades without having to hustle so hard on the recruiting trail, all while earning 10 million per year.

but thats just me, dont think it fits his personality, unless losing to baylor rewired his brain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know we don't want small guards..but Akinjo should shake loose. Im not sure what his numbers or metrics were this past season
He shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts per game this year, averaged 16 and 5 but low percentages overall. Don't think it matters since he can't transfer here anyway

Reaction Score
that might be the key qualifier. you don't voluntarily leave a school after winning a chip, unless it's to your alma mater maybe, and i'm not sure that's even happened. but few still hasnt won....

i'd go to zona and bring hallis and chet to turbocharge that rebuild. it has the second best history after ucla in the conference. few would run the PAC for the next 2 decades without having to hustle so hard on the recruiting trail, all while earning 10 million per year.
But then he's tacitly admitting he couldn't do it at Gonzaga. A lot of guys are too prideful or competitive to do that.

But I'm sure Arizona sees that same window you do and will try.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom