Sean Lewis - Kent State University | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sean Lewis - Kent State University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem with the MAC this year is that there are slim pickings. It appears that Jason Candle and Sean Lewis are the top 2 that will attract suitors this year and I don't think Candle is coming to UConn as it looks like his next stop is a P5 job. There is a possibility of Jim McElwain at Central Michigan, but he will be 60 and he was fired from Florida due to poor offense. Tim Lester at Western Michigan is young, but he inherited the team from PJ Fleck after a 13-1 season and he has been somewhat over 0.500 since, but he did beat Pitt this year.
Lewis is probably the best option for us if we are looking to the MAC. I still think Cignetti would kill it here. He's not as young as everyone else, but he has yet lose more than 3 games in a season in his entire career.

Reaction Score
Why are we lumping the ST coach from Texas in with the others? What did he do wrong? Date a stripper? Why is that a problem for you?

I'll tell you what -- I can declare with 100% certainty that over the last decade strippers provided people with more joy and entertainment than anyone associated with the UConn football program.
Yeah, but this particular stripper had a monkey........as part of her act. I like to think I'm a pretty open minded guy, but man.........

Reaction Score
Yeah, but this particular stripper had a monkey........as part of her act. I like to think I'm a pretty open minded guy, but man.........
That doesn't make her a bad person, much less her boyfriend. Seriously, to lump them in with people who have actually done bad things is really unfair.

Reaction Score
Many real good coaches have coached in the MAC, Urban Meyer, Jerry Kill, Nick Saban, Gary Pinkel and Dave Clawson just to name a few. Sean Lewis is worth taking a look at if interested.
Wasn't Cam Cozza (the Yale coach in the 70s to 2000) another MAC coach?

Reaction Score
It's not just the MAC, schools are putting up big offensive numbers in every conference. In today's game, the offenses seem to have the advantage over defenses. Hurry-up offense gives the offense an advantage but puts the defense on the field more often. Today you have to be able to score to win.

Look at some of Clemson's games and the offensive numbers...an anomaly ?

Georgia...3-10
GT...........14-8
BC......... 19-13
Cuse......17-14

Reaction Score
That doesn't make her a bad person, much less her boyfriend. Seriously, to lump them in with people who have actually done bad things is really unfair.

No it doesn't, but it's still a monkey ;)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Nope. Uconn can do much better than Spanos
Yeah...I get that...but usually the head coach brings his staff from his previous gig...and it appears his defensive leadership at Kent is not good. So instead of him either picking his current DC...or hiring a rando like Crocker...maybe go with the guy who knows the team and is well liked. At least the defense wouldn't have to start from scratch. And maybe it helps save the recruiting class.

If they can do better than Spanos...then do it. I just thought he might be good for a young coach new to the program.

Reaction Score
Why are we lumping the ST coach from Texas in with the others? What did he do wrong? Date a stripper? Why is that a problem for you?

I'll tell you what -- I can declare with 100% certainty that over the last decade strippers provided people with more joy and entertainment than anyone associated with the UConn football program.
What did briles, miles or petrino DO, other than hookup with young girls, ask the young girls to keep quiet or maybe turn a deaf ear. Is that all that different from a night at Electric Blue? Of course, I’ve got no idea what’s going on with the monkey.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
What did briles, miles or petrino DO, other than hookup with young girls, ask the young girls to keep quiet or maybe turn a deaf ear. Is that all that different from a night at Electric Blue? Of course, I’ve got no idea what’s going on with the monkey.
Art Briles helped to cover up rampant sexual assault by his players. He can rot.

Reaction Score

Are you serious? Briles covered up so many sexual assaults in order to win football games he could easily have been an accessory. Petrino slept with a student and then covered it up. They both engaged in activities that were totally inappropriate for an employee of a university and morally wrong. Again, what did the coach at texas do beyond get you titillated about how his girlfriend earned a living?

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, what can she possibly be doing with a monkey, at a strip climb, as part of her act, that isn’t bad? Seems to me ‘bad’ is best case.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, what can she possibly be doing with a monkey, at a strip climb, as part of her act, that isn’t bad? Seems to me ‘bad’ is best case.
Are you serious? Briles covered up so many sexual assaults in order to win football games he could easily have been an accessory. Petrino slept with a student and then covered it up. They both engaged engaged in activities that were totally inappropriate for an employee of a university and morally wrong. Again, what did the coach at texas do beyond get you titillated about how his girlfriend earned a living?
Relax. You want to argue the pluses and minuses of briles vs strippers?

Reaction Score
Yeah...I get that...but usually the head coach brings his staff from his previous gig...and it appears his defensive leadership at Kent is not good. So instead of him either picking his current DC...or hiring a rando like Crocker...maybe go with the guy who knows the team and is well liked. At least the defense wouldn't have to start from scratch. And maybe it helps save the recruiting class.

If they can do better than Spanos...then do it. I just thought he might be good for a young coach new to the program.
Yeah I’d go for the DC who’s defense is giving up 38 ppg because the kids like him

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Maybe in 20 years after he brings a nonP-5 team to the brink and then fails at a P-5 school then kicks around coaching positions in the NFL

Reaction Score
As long as the offense scores more points. From the little I saw the offense could move at will.

Reaction Score
Look at some of Clemson's games and the offensive numbers...an anomaly ?

Georgia...3-10
GT...........14-8
BC......... 19-13
Cuse......17-14
For Clemson, yes. They don't have Trevor Lawrence or Travis Etienne and Uiagalelei has not performed well for them. You need good qb play to be effective, look at Pitt and Wake.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
It's pretty cut and dry. If you can't separate a coach covering up several sexual assaults of students and a coach dating an adult who works as a stripper, you might be an awful person.
You forgot imbecilic and judgemental as well.

Reaction Score
You forgot imbecilic and judgemental as well.
EZ billy graham and Jim Bakker, it was a joke.

Next, you’ll be advocating for bringing Jesus into the huddle.

Good lord

Reaction Score
It's pretty cut and dry. If you can't separate a coach covering up several sexual assaults of students and a coach dating an adult who works as a stripper, you might be an awful person.
Well it was pretty dumb of the girls to go to the football coach instead of law enforcement about the alleged rapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom