Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yep, posted 3 minutes earlier.

1604150056897.png

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The first Bond film I ever saw was Thunderball, at the age of 11, and from then on I was hooked. Through the years there were a number of actors who portrayed James Bond on screen. But for me, Sean Connery will always be “the James Bond.”

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh man. I am so sorry to hear this. I loved Sean Connery. Obviously, he is the best Bond. He also stood out in the number of supporting roles including The Untouchables and The Rock.

Reaction Score
I had read all the Ian Fleming Bond novels prior to seeing Dr. No. When I walked out of the movie "Dr. No" I said to my wife "That was the greatest casting in the history of movies". He later played in a British movie called "The Hill", as a prisoner in a military prison which gave a great indication of his acting range. But I think my favorite role was his portrayal of Alan Quatermain in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", a film that never got it's just due. RIP, Bond, James Bond.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Loved his James Bond movies, but he made so many good movies. One of his movies that I've liked over the years was First Knight, with Julia Ormond and Richard Gere. He could do them all from historical movies to comedies and was always spot on.

Reaction Score
I have a sort of Sean Connery story.
It starts with me being in the emergency room with chest pains and a suspected heart attack (it turned out to be an ulcer!) After the initial assessment they seemed to think that I wasn't in imminent danger so I was laying there waiting for test results.
Then my parents came to see me. Suddenly nurses and doctors were all coming towards me! Others were looking over. Were my test results that bad?

The excitement was because my dad looked just like Sean Connery in the Indiana Jones movies! The staff thought a celebrity had come to see me. It was comical to see them stop when they heard him speak and they realized their error.

Dad did enjoy pointing out that he was older, so he didn't look like Sean Connery, Sean Connery looked like him! :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom