SDSU gags | The Boneyard

SDSU gags

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Big East Savior the San Diego State Aztecs took the lead with 35 seconds left, and then proceeded to gag the game away. The offsides right before the FG attempt seems to be a make believe penalty. I think the call was that SDSU tackle's bobbing caused the false start, which makes no sense at all. Whatever, SDSU should never have been in that position.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the bowl was a home game for LaL but more importantly they played below sea level in NO. its gotta be tought going from playing home games on clouds to a bowl game under water. i like what temple and ohio did today.

Reaction Score
Big East Savior the San Diego State Aztecs took the lead with 35 seconds left, and then proceeded to gag the game away. The offsides right before the FG attempt seems to be a make believe penalty. I think the call was that SDSU tackle's bobbing caused the false start, which makes no sense at all. Whatever, SDSU should never have been in that position.
What are you talking about?

The kid lurched forward two or three times finally causing the o lineman to jump. It was absolutely the right call. And The Cajuns missed a pat and had a false start take a field goal off the board. The Cajuns never should have been in that position.

Reaction Score
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/positionofplayers
Obviously this is for the nfl but college must have the same rule since they called it.

"No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start."

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/positionofplayers
Obviously this is for the nfl but college must have the same rule since they called it.

"No player of offensive team may charge or move abruptly, after assuming set position, in such manner as to lead defense to believe snap has started. No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start."

i stand corrected. I didn't realize it was possible for the defense to "draw" the offense into a false start without crossing the neutral zone. I have never seen that penalty called without the defensive player crossing the line of scrimmage prior to the snap.

Does this mean any defensive player on the line of scrimmage has to be set?

Reaction Score
i stand corrected. I didn't realize it was possible for the defense to "draw" the offense into a false start without crossing the neutral zone. I have never seen that penalty called without the defensive player crossing the line of scrimmage prior to the snap.

Does this mean any defensive player on the line of scrimmage has to be set?

No, they don't have to be set, they can move around, side to side, etc, they just can't lurch with the intention of causing a false start, which is what the d-lineman was very clearly doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom