SDSU AD on the AAC media deal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SDSU AD on the AAC media deal

Reaction Score
It is nuts.

San Diego State is well positioned to have a great upswing over the next couple decades. Great Mission Valley Development of the entire school; as for the snide remark about not being the best in the county ... (?) ... I thought we wrestled with sports. Damn good MBB & Football. Will only rise from here. In a GSMA that will grow & Grow. The only football. The BIG player in sports in a 10m demographic.

I guess I understand Minnesota. But the disparity in payments make no sense going forward - in many instances.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Giving the AAC a billion dollars is nuts no matter how you slice it. ESPN way overpaid. The conference has no following, no identity.

Reaction Score
+ the U being an AAU old boys network member and eyeballs; 30K undergrad students and bushel loads of alumni in the Twin Cities, Chicagoland, and elsewhere in the Midwest and metro areas nationally.

Reaction Score
It is nuts.

San Diego State is well positioned to have a great upswing over the next couple decades. Great Mission Valley Development of the entire school; as for the snide remark about not being the best in the county ... (?) ... I thought we wrestled with sports. Damn good MBB & Football. Will only rise from here. In a GSMA that will grow & Grow. The only football. The BIG player in sports in a 10m demographic.

I guess I understand Minnesota. But the disparity in payments make no sense going forward - in many instances.
Like Fishy said, if you own Minnesota's home games you own Michigan and Ohio State's road games. That is still a huge disparity in dollars but those are the teams bringing in all the money. To John's point, you wonder if there ever comes a time where Michigan doesn't think they should get the same as Minnesota.

Reaction Score
So the best you got is that UM has had a long tradition of existence.
I was going for mythology which is a big part of college football
But Maybe this will help
Founding member of the B1G ,
7 NC
33 All Americans
18 Conference Championships
A bunch of Bowl appearances including both 1960 -61 Rose bowls
and 2018 win over GA Tech in some crazy bowl in Detroit.
Their average attendance was pretty steady at 50,000 since they built their new on campus stadium , but dropped off last year to 37,000.
They are also an AAU member with an endowment of $ 2.3 billion

Reaction Score
It seems like some of the schools would be better off selling their media rights individually than through the league at those prices.

I still don't understand a market that values Minnesota at 50x New Mexico or San Diego State.

Some people are missing the forest for the trees. AAU, a long history of some level of quality, blah blah. Maybe this would help. What market values Wake Forest 30x more than SDSU?

Reaction Score
+ the U being an AAU old boys network member and eyeballs; 30K undergrad students and bushel loads of alumni in the Twin Cities, Chicagoland, and elsewhere in the Midwest and metro areas nationally.
+ almost $4 billion endowment and one of the best women's ice hockey programs. All due respect, I can think of many other schools to mock before the golden golfers.

I'd like to see someone put together a list of P5 conference members ranked by a best guess value. For example, The Big 12 member schools all receive a given amount from the television contract, but Texas would be "ranked" much higher than that number while say Kansas State would be ranked much lower. A majority of the programs would be ranked below the average take. Similarly, Ohio State vs. Rutgers. UNC vs. Louisville. etc. Alabama vs. Miss. State. Stanford vs. Oregon State.

Reaction Score
+ almost $4 billion endowment and one of the best women's ice hockey programs. All due respect, I can think of many other schools to mock before the golden golfers.

I'd like to see someone put together a list of P5 conference members ranked by a best guess value. For example, The Big 12 member schools all receive a given amount from the television contract, but Texas would be "ranked" much higher than that number while say Kansas State would be ranked much lower. A majority of the programs would be ranked below the average take. Similarly, Ohio State vs. Rutgers. UNC vs. Louisville. etc. Alabama vs. Miss. State. Stanford vs. Oregon State.

In any given league half the schools are below average. Have to look at the delta of value and payout. You would outliers on both sides, Any ideas out there?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I was going for mythology which is a big part of college football
But Maybe this will help
Founding member of the B1G ,
7 NC
33 All Americans
18 Conference Championships
A bunch of Bowl appearances including both 1960 -61 Rose bowls

Most of the humans alive when these things happened are now dead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom