SCSU Post Game Quotes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SCSU Post Game Quotes

Reaction Score
So what was missing from the game - consistency, focus, fundamentals. It wasn’t as bad as it’s been previously.

What was good is that multiple players contributed. Rebounding needs to improve a lot. Free throws got better. But I saw that we had multiple options for offense and our defense did tighten up.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch Jalen when Hurley was talking about him during the postgame? Seemed that Jalen was nodding yes.

Reaction Score
I think he sat down once in 6 years during games at URI and that was when he was sick, and it was only briefly at the start of the game. The standing, pacing, foot stomping annoys some people. Oh, well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think he sat down once in 6 years during games at URI and that was when he was sick, and it was only briefly at the start of the game. The standing, pacing, foot stomping annoys some people. Oh, well.

It’s music to our ears. So welcome. So missed. And the shirt is fine.

Reaction Score
Things that were noticeably different on the positive side:
1. When we did rebound defensively, the outlet passes were very quick and got us running. We didn't take a second to glorify our rebounding victory before we transitioned to offense. That extra time prevented us from going against a set defense in a half court set.
2. The offense passed the ball quickly and often. The ball didn't stick in anybody's hands unless they were actually making a play with an advantage. This included some big to big pass attempts which have been unseen recently. Last year the guy with the ball held it until he couldn't make a play then passed to the next guy to try to go one on one, until it was time for Jason or Vital to force something.
3. Antoine Anderson contributed, but Tarin Smith is better. With a healthy Gilbert and a very good Brandon Adams, we have many more tools to extend ball pressure, run the break, handle the ball, and finish at the rim. Last year our taller forwards like Larrier and Polley couldn't extend pressure and stay with their men, the other team always had an easy pass somewhere.
4. We know Vital can shoot. With Jalen hitting 2 threes, Brandon hitting 2 threes, and Gilbert hitting 4-7 vs Harvard, I don't think we will miss the most important contribution from Larrier - shooting. (Cobb shooting a deep three early in the shot clock? A WTF moment that will be coached).
5. Our defensive intensity was refreshing. Some breakdowns but even those weren't for lack of expending energy.
6. Gilbert, Adams, Smith, Vital, Adams, can all handle the ball well, (and I know Wilson can as well), vs just Jalen, Vital, and Anderson last year. This allows for some rest and the ability to always play hard in the game.
7. All of our bigs showed agility and more quickness reacting and making plays. Our guards will still lead the rebounding because there will only be 1 or 2 bigs on the court at a time, but they showed improvement in details.
(They didn't have to use strength defending against a post up big, so we'll see about that.)

For what it's worth. Your getting what you paid me for.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This is what competitive intensity looks like on a coach. This is the identity Hurley wants the team to have and this is the coach leading by example.
Yep.

Last time I saw KO do this he got a double technical.

Reaction Score
This is what competitive intensity looks like on a coach. This is the identity Hurley wants the team to have and this is the coach leading by example.

But it works much better when it’s coming from the guys on the court. They’ll get there- either through recruiting or the current guys adjusting- and then Dan will get to calm down a bit.

Reaction Score
But it works much better when it’s coming from the guys on the court. They’ll get there- either through recruiting or the current guys adjusting- and then Dan will get to calm down a bit.
Calhoun NEVER calmed down. He didn’t calm down when he had Ray. He didn’t calm down in 99, 2004, or 2011...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom