Screwed out of tickets! Help! | The Boneyard

Screwed out of tickets! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We purchased our tickets for Friday's game immediately following the Nova game.
We ended up getting 4 tickets for $200 each after fees.

We get a call today from ticketnetwork.com saying that the tickets are no longer available, something about the seller never receiving the tickets.
BS! I bet the sellers saw how much the tickets were selling for the next day and decided to sell them to someone else at a higher price.

Needless to say, this screws us over as even though we have a refund, tickets are 3x higher than what we paid for them.

Need your guys help!

Does anyone here know where I can get 4 tickets for under $400 each?
Any advice is much appreciated.

Reaction Score
Does that website not guarantee the tickets like StubHub? Stubhub would have given you a similar ticket if the seller didn't send them to you.

Reaction Score
I just got an email from msg that they have vip tickets 212 465 6771

Reaction Score
Not to get you down, but you're not getting tickets for under 400 each. And if you do, they're not real.

Sorry that happened to ya :-(

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
That s*cks.

All of these stubhub tickets that don't sell until several hours before game-time, what happens to them? Will the people suddenly drop the prices to something reasonable?

Reaction Score
That s*cks.

All of these stubhub tickets that don't sell until several hours before game-time, what happens to them? Will the people suddenly drop the prices to something reasonable?
I think they're mostly hard tickets, right? Not downloadable. So they won't be able to ship them in time.

I'd say most people who don't sell them will just go to the game.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Do what I did. Call the Iowa State ticket office 1-888-478-2925, tell them you work for a company that is a donor and has season passes but that the usual company account contact isn't going. Offer your own credit card in replacement and bingo, 2 more tix for husky fans, 2 less for the cyclones.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think they're mostly hard tickets, right? Not downloadable. So they won't be able to ship them in time.

Couldn't they bring the tix into the Stubhub office (not far from MSG)?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Do what I did. Call the Iowa State ticket office 1-888-478-2925, tell them you work for a company that is a donor and has season passes but that the usual company account contact isn't going. Offer your own credit card in replacement and bingo, 2 more tix for husky fans, 2 less for the cyclones.

Did that work?

Reaction Score
Couldn't they bring the tix into the Stubhub office (not far from MSG)?
True, but then they'd have to make the trip down anyway. So at that point I'd think the majority of people would just go.

Reaction Score
Tickets are due to be returned from the schools that are unsold Thursday morning/afternoon. I'd find out whoever is receiving those tickets (I assume MSG) and ask about buying any leftovers if they exist.

Reaction Score
I am one of the people screwed out of tickets with UconnAlum04. The site we ordered from was http://www.ticketnetwork.com. but they said the tickets will be fulfilled by http://www.prominenttickets.com . I really don't know if we were just scammed. They said they were going to refund double what we paid, but who knows if we will ever see the money.

Situation really sucks and I am guessing we will just end up watching from home but if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Reaction Score

Iowa State has no tickets left according to their ticket office.

August_West

Reaction Score
Iowa State has no tickets left according to their ticket office.
bummer, should have posted that earlier. Hopefully my friend who turned me on to that, turned on 100 others.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Same happened to a friend of mine with the same site. He had tickets in the 300s.

I bought three through them in the 200s and called to see what the deal is with my tickets. They said I'm fine, no problems, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I was hoping stubhub was gonna drop too But I think you might have to be down there right before game time!
Do you know how much they were going for?
I heard 5 figures from my friend that called his msg ticket rep!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I also called msg and they said they will NOT be releasing anymore tickets. The tix that the schools get do not come back to the garden or ticketmaster. Only place is stub hub, which I also called and the lady there said the tickets usually drop before the game and if you do buy them, you can definitely pick them up at a last minute stub hub location. Like the one on 1440 Broadway

Reaction Score

They dont have to ship them. You would have to pick them up at a stub hub office near the garden

Reaction Score
Update: We just found our tickets (the ones they were "unable to secure") on sale on their sites for 5x the price. What a bunch of CROOKS.
Needless to say we're not going to pay that price, so still looking for tickets :(

Reaction Score
Is there no legal action you can take. These guys are obviously trying to make as much as they can but there should be repercussions or this crap will continue

August_West

Reaction Score
UconnAlum04 said:
Update: We just found our tickets (the ones they were "unable to secure") on sale on their sites for 5x the price. What a bunch of CROOKS. Needless to say we're not going to pay that price, so still looking for tickets :(
At minimum screenshot everything, gather your receipts and file a case with the BBB. It won't get you tickets But you have a case and they can get some serious stuff happening to them as a result.

August_West

Reaction Score
UconnAlum04 said:
Update: We just found our tickets (the ones they were "unable to secure") on sale on their sites for 5x the price. What a bunch of CROOKS. Needless to say we're not going to pay that price, so still looking for tickets :(
In fact I would call ticket company immediately, call them on that knowledge ask for super visor and tell them you are immediately filing with BBB

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can you even imagine a BBB file on scalpers?
I wonder if they use iron mountain for the archives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01