Screw the NCAA nonsense, let's talk Moriah Jefferson...!! | The Boneyard

Screw the NCAA nonsense, let's talk Moriah Jefferson...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
mojeff #3.jpg

1. Quick, name the only UConn player to play in every game last year (40) AND the prior year (39). Correct answer is MoJeff..!! ;) Her freshman year only she and Kelly Faris played every game.
2. Here's an easy one. Who led the Huskies in 3 pt accuracy last season w/ at least 20 attempts? MoJeff shot 33-79 or 41.8%. KML was 66-160 for 41.3%. (Of course, TLAW was 8-19 or 42.1%, hence 20 attempt minimum...:rolleyes:)
3. Still haven't guessed one right....Name the only UConn player last year w/ over 120 assists and under 67 turnovers. Moriah w/ 195 assists and only 66 turnovers. (Stewie had 122 assists but 67 turnovers...):p
4. Which under UConn player, under 5'7", had more blocks than KML and Bria Hartley combined ? MoJeff had 9 monster blocks while KML had 5 and Bria only 3.
5. From last season, who had over 100 steals, but only 62 personal fouls? (Only Jefferson had over 100 steals.)
6. Which UConn player more than doubled their scoring in 2013/2014 over the prior year? (MoJeff went from 182 pts to 400 pts.)
7. Name the Huskies' starter whose field goal accuracy was better than Hartley (47.0%), Stewie (49.7%), KML (46.5%) and Dolson (56.4%)? MoJeff led them all at 57.5%..!! :cool:
8. And finally, who was the only UConn player w/ over 100 steals, over 190 assists and over 135 rebounds? MJ....:)

Go Huskies..!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She's my new favorite. I might have to change my signature. Plus she's a Texas girl.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
David - I may need to reprise my Moriah Jefferson watch thread from last season. She had one of the great statistical years of any Uconn point guard/guard ever. She missed out on the 100,100,200,400 club (steals, rebounds, assists, points) by 5 assists. And she had a much higher A/TO ration than any of the guards that have racked up 190 assists in a season, and was a more efficient scorer, too. (By the way that club is occupied by one player Jen Rizotti)
And on that field goal percentage - better than any single year FG% for Sveta, Sue, Diana, Maya, Nykesha, etc. etc. The only non-post that I am sure topped 57.5% is Shea who had one year at 62.2% and one at 59.2%.
I am hoping she has spent a summer similar to the one she spent between freshman and sophomore year and we see another jump in her game, but if she just maintains the same level it will be phenomenal.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
* Her leaping ability is underestimated
* Her confidence with the ball in her hands even among the trees is unmatched.
* It is almost impossible to attempt to press with her on the court.
* Her ability to hound even bigger and stronger young woman is legion.

And i will never forget her picking the pocket of Alyssa Thomas for the 2nd or 3rd time
almost directly in front of the Maryland hoop.

Reaction Score
Now we're talking about something exciting!!!!!!!!

What would have been my favorite MoJet play: Moriah's save on the sideline that she flipped behind the back to BS. If BS had dunked that, the video would have gone viral and have been seen by millions... :)

But, since the dunk did not happen :confused:, I have to "settle" :( for either:

1. The 2 offensive players (I think Stanford?) closing in on an easy score with MJ as the sole defender when she suddenly turns from almost under the basket and blocks - and she was by far the shortest player on the court:p
or
2. When she was flat out on the court scrambling for a loose ball when everyone suddenly realizes that she is not just dribbling, but getting up while dribbling and leading a charge towards the offensive end.:eek:

But, there are so many other memorable plays popping into my mind that I'm starting to count the minutes until the season. Wow is she exciting to watch!!!!:)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Whenever there's a loose ball on the floor, I just KNOW that Moriah will come up with it. Not only that, she's usually headed to the basket at full speed.

I think Kaleena will be the 2nd best player in the country next year. She has the senior year sense of urgency. If K is not #2, I bet Moriah is. She'll be the most exciting player in the country yet again.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I just lover her energy - just rewatched the ND game again and her defensive intensity is just incredible. I still find the defensive assignments in that game really interesting - you figured it would be height on height and speed on speed with BH on McBride and MJ on Loyd. Uconn changed it up and put Moriah on McBride and she really bothered her. McBride still scored 21 points but she never looked comfortable the whole game and had four turn overs, twice being picked clean by Moriah.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Now we're talking about something exciting!!!!!!!!

What would have been my favorite MoJet play: Moriah's save on the sideline that she flipped behind the back to BS. If BS had dunked that, the video would have gone viral and have been seen by millions... :)

But, since the dunk did not happen :confused:, I have to "settle" :( for either:

1. The 2 offensive players (I think Stanford?) closing in on an easy score with MJ as the sole defender when she suddenly turns from almost under the basket and blocks - and she was by far the shortest player on the court:p
or
2. When she was flat out on the court scrambling for a loose ball when everyone suddenly realizes that she is not just dribbling, but getting up while dribbling and leading a charge towards the offensive end.:eek:

But, there are so many other memorable plays popping into my mind that I'm starting to count the minutes until the season. Wow is she exciting to watch!!!!:)
Wasn't it her who was so intent on guarding her player on an inbounds pass that she keep her player from getting out of bounds to be the in bounds passer - the ref had finally come over and pull her off and started laughing.
Her grin is also so infections.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wasn't it her who was so intent on guarding her player on an inbounds pass that she keep her player from getting out of bounds to be the in bounds passer - the ref had finally come over and pull her off and started laughing.
Her grin is also so infections.
Yep, face-guarding McBride. I think she followed her into the locker room at halftime too. :)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
Yep, face-guarding McBride. I think she followed her into the locker room at halftime too. :)

That was hilarious....

Reaction Score
Legend has it Moriah picked up McBride in the tunnel at halftime, continuing the full-locker room press, swiped the Gatorade feed to McBride causing her to dehydrate, which no doubt led to McBride's subpar 2nd half.

Prove me wrong.

Reaction Score
MoJeff was the 2nd best point guard in the USA to O. Sims! It wouldn't be out of reason for her to have been a 1st team AA on some of the many AA selected last season! Stewie, KML and MoJeff should all make 1st team AA on ALL lists this season! The best PF, the best SF, and the best PG in Division I, not even close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom