Scratch the Maryland Game: B1G Going to Conference-only Schedule for all Fall Sports This Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scratch the Maryland Game: B1G Going to Conference-only Schedule for all Fall Sports This Year

Reaction Score
There is always the world series of poker and the july4 hot dog eating contest... Head bang
I believe hot dog contest was sans fans. Wait, Have I just described sports in 2020?

Reaction Score
Next Domino

The Pac-12’s decision extends to all sports like the Big Ten’s. It’s also postponing the start of mandatory athletic activities for all fall sports “until a series of health and safety indicators, which have recently trended in a negative direction, provided sufficient positive data to enable a move to a second phase of return-to-play activities.”

What this means is that football powers won't be able to pad their records and bowl chances by crushing Lightweight State and Patsy U.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yeah - I think it would make a lot more sense if they want to play games to just scrap the whole idea of conference play and create new schedules within state/region. All games become bus trips. Give the athletes games and the networks/fans something to broadcast/watch. Might actually create a more fun vibe when no one was trying to win championships, but just enjoying competing.

ESPN and Fox won’t allow the bus trip games. Of course we’re told it’s all about the health and safety of the student athletes. Will likely all be moot but the corruption of college sports is being revealed again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom