Scouting Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scouting Providence

Reaction Score
Watson is the only threat IMO. Whaley isn't as strong defensively vs these big traditional 5s. One of the rare occasions I would feel MORE confident in Sanogo's defense.

I think we have the advantage at every other position.

If Rese is back, we dominate them.

Hurley needs to put his money where his mouth is and let our horses RUN in this game. Providence does not have the athletes to keep up anywhere on the court.
I would hesitate to say we have advantage everywhere but the 5. Durham and Reeves are terrific players.

Reaction Score
Watson is the only threat IMO. Whaley isn't as strong defensively vs these big traditional 5s. One of the rare occasions I would feel MORE confident in Sanogo's defense.

Hurley needs to put his money where his mouth is and let our horses RUN in this game. Providence does not have the athletes to keep up anywhere on the court.
Nailed it. Let's get out and run and use our depth/athleticism.. Very few teams can bring that to the table

Reaction Score
Not really sure where this fits, but an interesting look at our 3 point shooting so far

Quite interesting. We shot really well the first couple games of the year and then like complete poop in 2.

Reaction Score
Hurley is probably expecting some foul trouble and offering the alternative.

Reaction Score
If you want to protect Whaley from fouls so that he can play with freedom in the second half.. There are fouls to "waste" between Samson and Richie that frequently go unused. Coaching decision.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Should be playing this game in Storrs. UConn doesn’t shoot well in the XL. I am not a fan of XL games except UConn hockey

Reaction Score

Watson is the best post scorer in the BE, but Horchler is good offensively too. Providence has arguably the best offensive frontcourt in the conference so our D will have to contain them well. If we make their guards beat us, they’ll have more trouble scoring.

The flip side is that same frontcourt plays horrible defense. Attacking Watson seems like a no brainer since we’d like him off of the court and he gives up plenty of buckets.

Reaction Score
Watson is the best post scorer in the BE, but Horchler is good offensively too. Providence has arguably the best offensive frontcourt in the conference so our D will have to contain them well. If we make their guards beat us, they’ll have more trouble scoring.

The flip side is that same frontcourt plays horrible defense. Attacking Watson seems like a no brainer since we’d like him off of the court and he gives up plenty of buckets.
Is Watson a better post scorer than Sanogo? Genuinely curious.

Reaction Score
Having seen Watson 3 times this year I’m going to say yes. He relies heavily on his ability to overpower smaller defenders. He is a tremendous finisher. Dunks everything.

Adama is quicker and more versatile. Much better footwork. In today’s game Adama has more potential as a prospect, but Watson is more polished.

That said I hate providence and think Adama would dominate him if he were healthy, really is too bad.

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo has really pretty footwork, but Watson gets better results so I’d say yes right now he’s better at post scoring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom