Scouting Baylor today, 2 PM, ESPN+ vs. TCU... | The Boneyard

Scouting Baylor today, 2 PM, ESPN+ vs. TCU...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As a reminder for those who only peruse the main page of the UConn WCBB forum, our fine colleague @Plebe has a weekly listing of all games and our other esteemed colleague @Shades creates voter and game threads also. Both posters link game access so for those who care, we can get a late look at Baylor today.

Reaction Score
Baylor isn't gonna beat UCONN the way they turn the ball over. The sad thing is most of them are completely unforced.

Reaction Score
KMulkey is out with the flu. As is Coach Pebley for TCU.

Pretty sloppy bball all around.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Baylor isn't gonna beat UCONN the way they turn the ball over. The sad thing is most of them are completely unforced.

They're rebounding half their missed shots. That makes up for turnovers in many ways.

Reaction Score
They're rebounding half their missed shots. That makes up for turnovers in many ways.

I don't understand Baylor's roster management in terms of minutes. Its a little confusing why certain players play as much as they do.

Reaction Score
CORRECTIONL both coaches out due to contact tracing, not by being diagnosed.

Your guys should be good to go flying in/out of Texas this week. You'll get some of our finest "early Spring" weather--mid 50 degrees and bright sunshine. Too early for the bluebonnets, but still some of our best hosting gifts we give to visitors.

As for on the court, we're getting better. We've got enough game to compete nationally this year, but we just don't have the go-to scorer(s). Seems every game someone different finds a groove (Egbo last week; Ursin today).

Reaction Score
We need to press and make this an open court game. Didi is a great player, but she isn't a PG and she doesn't handle the ball that well. This strategy also takes away her greatest strength, and one that could really test a freshman PG, her on-ball, half-court defense. Baylor is a good defensive team and I wonder if in a half court game, would Kim play a box and one, with Didi on Paige. The best way to beat us in the half court is to take the ball out of Paige's hands and make us rely on the 3 ball.

Should be interesting. If the game does open up, it's the two best post players in the country in transition, ONO and Na'Lyssa.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
No box-and-1. Can't imagine playing a defense that would force Egbo to run out to cover the corner 3 and leave Liv or AE open underneath.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
We need to press and make this an open court game. Didi is a great player, but she isn't a PG and she doesn't handle the ball that well. This strategy also takes away her greatest strength, and one that could really test a freshman PG, her on-ball, half-court defense. Baylor is a good defensive team and I wonder if in a half court game, would Kim play a box and one, with Didi on Paige. The best way to beat us in the half court is to take the ball out of Paige's hands and make us rely on the 3 ball.

Should be interesting. If the game does open up, it's the two best post players in the country in transition, ONO and Na'Lyssa.

Geno rarely presses. Baylor's biggest weakness is they don't shoot well from the outside at all and not just three pointers. And a lack of a true point guard makes ball-handling an adventure. If UConn makes some shots and is competitive on the boards they can win and maybe handily. But I worry about both of those factors.

Reaction Score
Should be an interesting game that is for sure. I am just hoping that our squad has the grit to out battle Baylor. I just want to see which one of our players is going to have that competitive fire out there.

Reaction Score
No box and 1 for KMulkey. No zone of ANY kind unless there are more roster issues than we have so far this year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geno rarely presses. Baylor's biggest weakness is they don't shoot well from the outside at all and not just three pointers. And a lack of a true point guard makes ball-handling an adventure. If UConn makes some shots and is competitive on the boards they can win and maybe handily. But I worry about both of those factors.
I worry about the first part. If the first part then the second part will take care of itself.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I’m looking forward to breakout games by Christyn Williams snd Aubrey Griffin.

Reaction Score
Correct.

I thought I had posted a correction to my misstating.. If not, my apology again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom