Scottie Haralson Is A Top 5o "shooter" - Lamb Not Per Cbs | The Boneyard

Scottie Haralson Is A Top 5o "shooter" - Lamb Not Per Cbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When it comes to Haralson i think that pretty much says it "didnt play much as a freshman at Uconn". I think we gave up on him too quickly from a pretty small sample. Maybe if he stuck around for more then one year and got more playing time he would have been an asset.

Reaction Score
When it comes to Haralson i think that pretty much says it "didnt play much as a freshman at Uconn". I think we gave up on him too quickly from a pretty small sample. Maybe if he stuck around for more then one year and got more playing time he would have been an asset.
maybe, not like we needed him to win a championship, i'd take any of the current players that came in last year over him anyday. He may of been able to shoot, but he wasnt defending anyone in the big east

Reaction Score
No one realizes how good of a shooter Lamb is because they just look at the statistics and don't realize how his early season struggles distorted his percentage.

Reaction Score
Haralson was in Calhoun's doghouse pretty early on in the season. I remember him hitting an almost buzzer beater 3 against a cupcake team when the game was out of hand. Didn't see much PT after that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if SH was on this team today we wouldn't be better off. some 1 on this team now wouldn't be here.

Reaction Score
Haralson just wasn't a good fit. One-dimensional guards don't usually do very well at Uconn and that's what he was. Unfortunately for him, he didn't make very many of the jump shots he took in 2009. If he had, he maybe would have stuck around and possibly contributed on the 2010 team. But Rashad Anderson he was not.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
SH was extremely slow-footed -- couldn't defend for which isn't going to keep you on the court under Calhoun's watch. There was also a bit of pressure on him to become the next Rashad Anderson, especially with how much the 07-08 team struggled from deep. And he came in firing during exhibitions but was cold as ice, probably lost some confidence, and never really regained it. He was so deep in Calhoun's doghouse that he barely got off the bench in the 6OT game, despite having a short bench and an injured Jerome Dyson. Finally got six minutes and a couple buckets, though.

Nice to hear that he shot 37% at Tulsa though. Sounds like a good fit for him.

*edit* - ESPN had him at 37.4% last season, 82-219. Sloppy reporting by Goodman, unless he meant in conference play or something.

Reaction Score
Sorry but I don't see him having that kind of success rate in the BE. Tulsa was a good choice for him obviously. Regardless the kid is a shooter and I'd like to see him play.

Reaction Score
ha, I watched an early season Tulsa game last year and was happy to see he had shaved his head, that hairline was done.

Reaction Score
More bulletin board material for JLamb. Should be another incredible season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It was a great move for Scottie and I'm happy he's doing well and getting recognized.

Not concerned Smoooth is not on this list. He is a great player and hopefully he builds on last season. UConn doesn't win it's 3rd NC without him.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Haralson was in Calhoun's doghouse pretty early on in the season. I remember him hitting an almost buzzer beater 3 against a cupcake team when the game was out of hand. Didn't see much PT after that.
if that's the only reason i'd be shocked. that's a horrible reason to sit a kid for the rest of the season.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
if that's the only reason i'd be shocked. that's a horrible reason to sit a kid for the rest of the season.
It did earn him the doghouse for a few games afterwords. It wasn't the only factor by a long shot. As others mentioned Scottie struggled at times on the defensive end. And he never was able to get hot from the outside which is his strength as evidenced what he has done at Tulsa.

Some kids can handle JC's methods and some can't. Same with any coach.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It did earn him the doghouse for a few games afterwords. It wasn't the only factor by a long shot. As others mentioned Scottie struggled at times on the defensive end. And he never was able to get hot from the outside which is his strength as evidenced what he has done at Tulsa.

Some kids can handle JC's methods and some can't. Same with any coach.
that makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul