Scott Frost UCF made huge Defensive turnaround | The Boneyard

Scott Frost UCF made huge Defensive turnaround

Reaction Score
He's the hottest head coach in the country. UCF has made an amazing turnaround from 0-12 in 2015. It's hard to believe that we beat these guys in Orlando 40-13 that year. Last year UCF finished 6-6 and beat UCONN at the Rent 24-16. Now undefeated at 9-0 and ranked 14th UCF's impressive turnaround built on solid defense should serve as a model and hope for us. UCONN'S D slipped even farther after this article was written now ranked 128th in total defense giving up a total of 554 YPG. Only ECU is worse at 565YPG. This year UCF's is ranked 38th giving up 365 YPG. Although UCF excels in all three phases it's their defense that their foundation is built upon.

"Scott Frost’s UCF turnaround has taken off quickly. When Frost came to Orlando from Oregon, he brought Ducks outside linebackers coach Erik Chinander to be the Knights’ coordinator. UCF transformed in one season from one of the worst defenses in college football to a solid one. Then Frost’s staff landed the best Group of 5 recruiting class on Signing Day, blowing away the rest of the AAC"

The college football defenses that made biggest jumps (and nosedives) in 2016

Last edited:
Reaction Score
props to Scott Frost... He's gonna have Nebraska running on all cylinders by 2019....

Money is always a big factor but grass isn't always greener and pressure to win is heavy. Thinking of guys that made the P5 jump. Butch Jone - Cincy to TN, Matt Rhule Temple to Baylor, Kevin Sumlin, Houston to Texas A&M. Charlie Strong, Ville to Texas, Brady Hoke, SDSU to MICHIGAN to name a few. They have all been in the Pressure cooker. There are also successes but if UCF ups the ante Frost could stay put in Orlando for a while.

Reaction Score
Money is always a big factor but grass isn't always greener and pressure to win is heavy. Thinking of guys that made the P5 jump. Butch Jone - Cincy to TN, Matt Rhule Temple to Baylor, Kevin Sumlin, Houston to Texas A&M. Charlie Strong, Ville to Texas, Brady Hoke, SDSU to MICHIGAN to name a few. They have all been in the Pressure cooker. There are also successes but if UCF ups the ante Frost could stay put in Orlando for a while.

If Butch Jones either once played for or was an assistant of some sort at Tenesseee I'd agree with you. Nebraska is Frost's alma mater....

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
props to Scott Frost... He's gonna have Nebraska running on all cylinders by 2019....

Ah, I sure hope Frost plays clean up to Diasastro yet again.

Reaction Score
If Butch Jones either once played for or was an assistant of some sort at Tenesseee I'd agree with you. Nebraska is Frost's alma mater....

Currently Frost salary is 1,700,000 at UCF. Not sure how much of that he gave back to his coaches. He really wants to take care of them. UCF trying to raise another 1.5 Million to keep Frost in Orlando. Riley at Nebraska
makes $2,800,00. Florida's coach Jim McElwain at $4,268,325. He has a young family and Florida is one of the best recruiting states...bottom line is Frost will have plenty of options. It will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.

Reaction Score
I think Frost is out the door to a P5 gig by Christmas. Strike while the iron is hot.

Reaction Score
I think it’s likely that Frost leaves, but UCF has to be at the top of the list of G5 jobs so I’m sure they’ll get a good replacement.

Reaction Score
Frost finding and getting Milton to go to UCF is his biggest move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom