Scott Frost to Nebraska... (duh). | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scott Frost to Nebraska... (duh).

Reaction Score
Happy for Frost but the way ESPN announced it as the game was heading into overtime was classless. As if to undermine the AAC. F the P5 and ESPN. That timing was so ridiculous and a total case of disrespect. AAC. Remember your place

It was all game long by Saunders. Maybe Aresco might want to mention that they can do their great reporting at halftime and during the postgame.

Reaction Score
It was all game long by Saunders. Maybe Aresco might want to mention that they can do their great reporting at halftime and during the postgame.
Ummm. Saunders is no longer with us. There was speculation all game by Levy. But they ‘broke’ the news at the worst time

Reaction Score
I think the Florida job gave him a much better chance to succeed but I respect the decision. Sometimes it really is your "Dream Job".
Florida certainly would have been easier to succeed at from a recruiting standpoint. Nebraska still has the brand to recruit from all over the country, but especially in Texas and in Big Ten country, but with a lower success rate now. Ultimately Frost probably feels very comfortable recruiting for Nebraska on the West coast and the intermountain region from his years at Oregon. To that add a monthly paycheck of $500,000 at his alma mater and it was an easy decision for him. I think he will succeed there.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Happy for Frost but the way ESPN announced it as the game was heading into overtime was classless. As if to undermine the AAC. F the P5 and ESPN. That timing was so ridiculous and a total case of disrespect. AAC. Remember your place
It was probably queued for 330, and someone forgot to hit the snooze button on it when the game went to OT. Oops.

Reaction Score
It was probably queued for 330, and someone forgot to hit the snooze button on it when the game went to OT. Oops.

That's what crossed my mind. I wouldn't doubt it happened just like that. The bots release the news (early), then the on-air people are compelled to mention it.

Reaction Score
I understand he is an alum but bad move for Frost in my opinion.

Most everyone who loves college football would like to have a year like Scott Frost just had. To be in a position to pick and choose head coaching jobs at Florida, FSU, Tenn, Arkansas, et. From a recruiting standpoint, Frost no doubt will have a more challenging time at Nebraska. Let's not forget that this is a man who took over an 0-12 UCF team 2 years ago. Scott Frost is up for the challenge but more importantly, he is going HOME.
His decision wasn't just about money, weather or recruiting. It was about going home.
As We all get ready for the holidays, we're reminded of the importance of going home.
Bart Giamatti, former commissioner of baseball wrote The following piece about going home. When I thought of Frost's decision, I thought of this! Merry Christmas Boneyarders! I have included a you tube as well as a print version. It's worth taking it in. One of my all time favorites.

GOING HOME

“There is no great long poem about baseball. It may be that baseball is itself its own great long poem. This had occurred to me in the course of my wondering why home plate wasn’t called fourth base. And then it came to me: Why not? Meditate on the name for a moment. Home.

Home is an English word virtually impossible to translate into other tongues. No translation catches the associations, the mixture of memory and longing, the sense of security and autonomy, the accessibility, the aroma of inclusiveness, the freedom from wariness, that cling to the word home, that are absent from ‘house’ or even ‘my house.’ Home is a concept, not a place, a state of mind where self-definition starts; it is origins. A mix of time and place and smell and weather wherein one first realizes that one is an original — perhaps like others, especially those one loves, but discreet, distinct, not to be copied. Home is where one first learned to be separate, and it remains in the mind as the place where reunion, if it were ever to occur, would happen.

So of course home drew Odysseus , who then set off again because it isn’t necessary to be in a specific place, in a house or a town, to be one who has gone home. So home is the goal rarely glimpsed, and almost never attained, of all the heroes descended from Odysseus . All literary romance, all Romance Epic, derives from The Odyssey and it is about going home. It is about rejoining, the rejoining of beloved, rejoining of parent to child, the rejoining of land to its rightful owner or rule. Romance is about putting things right after some tragedy has put them asunder. It is about restoration of the right relations among things. And going home is where that restoration occurs because that’s where it matters most.

Baseball is of course entirely about going home. And to that extent, because it is the only game you ever heard of where you want to get back to where you started (all the other games are territorial; you want to get his or her territory; not baseball). Baseball simply wants to get you from here back around to here, and that I think is why baseball is its own long poem, its own endless epic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His dream job...of course we are familiar with how dream jobs turn out...

Really dislike this guy for screwing his players and the school that gave him the opportunity. Could have negotiated more comp and they would have paid it and built his own legacy.

Reaction Score

Really dislike this guy for screwing his players and the school that gave him the opportunity. Could have negotiated more comp and they would have paid it and built his own legacy.

Um yeah, no.

Reaction Score

You can’t fault a guy for taking a P5 job. AAC schools are mid-major stepping stone jobs to the “big time” in CFB and Basketball. Every AD and the players at the AAC schools are aware of this. Unfortunately the timing is bad but that’s just the way the system works.

Reaction Score
Interesting perspective, albeit one which ignores UCF likely negotiated an industry-standard exit clause with Frost and his contract may have specifically allowed for his return to his alma mater (not entirely unusual), his home state, the home of his family, and the university and program where he helped win Nebraska's last national championship. Setting aside such possibilities, UCF and its' players certainly appeared to revere Frost.

Immediately after yesterday's UCF win and Frost's long-rumored departure was publicly confirmed, UCF's players, AD, and athletic department exhibited great respect and appreciation for Frost's contributions to them as individuals and the school as a whole. Perhaps, they may know a bit more about Frost the man and the coach than some other individuals.

Reaction Score
Surprising number of Husker fans in Indy over the weekend. Commiserated with a few about Diaco over breakfast on Saturday morning. Nice get for them.

Reaction Score
The system is what it is. They could change it but it'been going on like this for awhile. You could make a rule about contacting coaches until after the Championship is played but it keeps creeping closer to signing day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom