Scott Burrell and Michael Jordan | The Boneyard

Scott Burrell and Michael Jordan

Reaction Score
I remember reading in Tim Grover's book Relentless that Jordan came into the training room and Scottie was laying down.

Here is the except.
Once during the playoffs, on the day after a grueling overtime game, the team was ready to start practice until Michael looked around and noticed one guy was missing. "Where the h**l is Burrell?" he barked.
Scott Burrell, a part-time player at best, was in the training room. Michael stormed in there, where poor Scott was on the table getting treatment for an alleged hamstring issue. MJ grabbed the table -- with Scott still on it -- and completely flipped it over.
"I just played forty-eight duck***g minutes last night!" Michael roared. "Everything's killing me, and you have a duck****g hamstring? Get your duck***g in the duck***g practice now!"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I loved learning that Michael Jordan is a reference on Burrell's resume all these years later. Do you think the SCSU AD actually called him before giving Scott the gig or just brags to his golf buddies he has Jordan's number?

Reaction Score
Couple of good stories from Jordan's time in Washington.

When Jordan made his comeback with the Wizards, Rip Hamilton was on the team. When Rip saw the huge crowd of reporters surrounding MJ in the usually empty Washington locker room it was reported he said, "It's like being back at UConn." A reference to our beloved horde.

On another occasion as the team bus was scheduled to leave to the airport for road trip neither MJ or Rip were on the bus. After some delay, Rip appeared and as he boarded he said. Jordan wouldn't leave until he had beaten Rip at horse and it took a number of games for MJ to top Rip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom