Score Predictions WNBA Sun vs Sparks 8/3/14 | The Boneyard

Score Predictions WNBA Sun vs Sparks 8/3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
That actually sounds about right but, I'll go with my heart (since its just the two of us) and take the Sun 83-81.

Reaction Score
The Sun gave this one away- up 8 with less than a minute to play. Alyssa Thomas throws it away with 15 seconds left up 2 and Kristi Tolavert drains a 3. 70 -69 Sparks.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
The Sun gave this one away- up 8 with less than a minute to play. Alyssa Thomas throws it away with 15 seconds left up 2 and Kristi Tolavert drains a 3. 70 -69 Sparks.

UGH! :(

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know, I was actually rooting for LA. Want to see them make the play offs and the Sun miss them - would be nice to see KML land at Connecticut...

anyway, in the 4th quarter of the game, when LA was struggling, for about 9 minutes straight, it seemed like they only had literally 2 players on the floor - Beard and Ogwumike. the other three contributed zero until the last minute when Parker got a O-board and putback, and Tolliver hit a 3. I was stunned at the lack of energy or effort from the Sparks (besides Beard and Ogwumike) for about 8 straight minutes.

Even tho Montgomery missed the game winning shot, she played most of Q4 for the Sun. She was quite solid at the point...

Reaction Score
I was surprised by the lack of effort as well. Nneka always brings it. Beard, while inconsistent, always goes hard. Parker has a bum knee so I was more surprised at the amount of minutes she played. I can't stand watching her exclusively play at the 3 spot. She is the best 4/5 in the world and that's what she plays in Russia with UMMC. I would love to see the Sparks start Wiggins, Tolliver, Beard, Nneka, and Parker. It would force a matchups in which Parker can take post players versus wing players off the dribble. She is unstoppable in the post, when she plays there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom