Score predictions for Texas game | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Texas game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time for our fearless forecasters to make a comeback after that bruising DePaul experience. We do have some rather consistent predictors with targets on their backs.

Who wins this one.........margin.....score (for breaking ties).......

Hopefully some "whys" to explain your predictions...and some humor for the fun of it.

Reaction Score
Uconn 78 Texas 58. Why? Defense, guard play and 3's. Plus no one game plans like Geno!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We beat them by 21 last year--our closest game in the tourney--and we obviously lost a lot of talent after that.

I'm happy to underestimate and say UConn by 75-60. I hope we run them off the floor (sorry, Alex).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've been waiting for this. Carnac sez.......UConn 83 - Texas 69. It's fun to see everyone's predictions, and see who comes the closest. With the edge I have, I should be winning with the exact score every game. These envelopes are defective. :confused:

Reaction Score
UConn 82 -72
The team still has to develop the consistency Geno is looking for.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We lost the Big 3 and Texas lost some good ones too. Neither team has reached their potential yet. However -

UConn 79 - Texas 61. Our defense leads they way.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hi guys. I have been reading the BY for quite a while and I am an avid fan of all things UCONN women's basketball. I just recently joined and I thought I would finally contribute some of my thoughts and this thread seems to be a good first attempt. I am generally stunned and delighted by how well we are doing after losing the big 3 and truth be told, I enjoy the fight and the possibility of closer games.
Regarding the Texas game tomorrow, my prediction is 86-72. I think it will be a little closer than most are predicting because of the thrashing we put on DePaul and we may be a little overconfident? In addition, I can't think of a team with more motivation than Texas
after the 2 destructions we gave them in the tournament (as well as their recent losing streak)

I actually think a close game prior to ND will do us some good by providing better teaching moments for Geno and staff.

Reaction Score
Texas had better play better than they did at Miss. St., else they will get the DePaul treatment.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Hi guys. I have been reading the BY for quite a while and I am an avid fan of all things UCONN women's basketball. I just recently joined and I thought I would finally contribute some of my thoughts and this thread seems to be a good first attempt. I am generally stunned and delighted by how well we are doing after losing the big 3 and truth be told, I enjoy the fight and the possibility of closer games.
Regarding the Texas game tomorrow, my prediction is 86-72. I think it will be a little closer than most are predicting because of the thrashing we put on DePaul and we may be a little overconfident? In addition, I can't think of a team with more motivation than Texas
after the 2 destructions we gave them in the tournament (as well as their recent losing streak)

I actually think a close game prior to ND will do us some good by providing better teaching moments for Geno and staff.
Welcome to the board.

Reaction Score
Margin=27. 87-60. It'll be Aston smartin'.

GUS: not being a race care buff, I had to go the internet for help in comprehending more fully what I sensed was probably a very clever comment. Sure enough. Witty plus....and appreciated. A pre-game HUMOR BALL.

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for this. Carnac sez..UConn 83 - Texas 69. It's fun to see everyone's predictions, and see who comes the closest. With the edge I have, I should be winning with the exact score every game. These envelopes are defective. :confused:

CARNAC; Looks like those envelopes are obscuring your vision. A pre-game HUMOR BALL none-the-less. But I'm looking for more from ya. Last game you provided some really interesting perspective on things.....anything under the turban for us in the next 24 hours?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Welcome to the board.
Thanks Gus.

By the way, I just noticed that when I gave my prediction, I forgot to say UCONN will win. Hope that was clear. Dont want to be kicked off the board on the first day. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
UConn 83-51. Butler with a double double.

NEW: those specific extra predictions are really interesting. Think it was BRONX who called the breakout game for Nurse vs the Blue Demons. Am launching a new pre-game ball for these extra gutsy predictions.....a BIG BALL ....one for you and a retroactive one for BRONX, if he was the once who made the Nurse call.

Reaction Score

EEB: welcome and glad you took the plunge. Appreciate your interesting thoughts.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
GUS: not being a race care buff, I had to go the internet for help in comprehending more fully what I sensed was probably a very clever comment. Sure enough. Witty plus....and appreciated. A pre-game HUMOR BALL.
Thanks. I am humbled and honored.:cool:

Reaction Score
Thanks Gus.

By the way, I just noticed that when I gave my prediction, I forgot to say UCONN will win. Hope that was clear. Dont want to be kicked off the board on the first day. :rolleyes:

EEB again. CARNAC discerned what you meant and telepathed (?) it over.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
EEB: welcome and glad you took the plunge. Appreciate your interesting thoughts.

Thanks winlots: I am afraid posting to this board may be addictive but what a way to go. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom