Score predictions for Ohio State game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Ohio State game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I seem to remember that previous Uconn teams are less precise in their execution coming out of exam break so if this year is typical then we can hope their margin of error is large enough to keep the streak alive.I say it will be and Uconn wins 81-72.

PAC 4 - a pre-game "HIGH INTEREST BALL" for this look at history

Reaction Score
82 - 65 Gabby and Saniya leading the way!

BRONX: and another DETAIL BALL.....(but looks like you might have a problem with that CHONG part of it; but your spirit and your support for her is appeciated here)

Reaction Score
Uconn 85 Ohio St 79

Dangerfield 2 fouls 12p points 2 turnovers
Napheesa --3 fouls, 18 points 5 turnovers
Katie Lou 2 fouls, 25 points 4 assists 1 turnover
Gabby -- 4 fouls 20 points 5 assits 3 turnovers
Natalie--- 3 fouls 7 points 4 assist 2 turnover
Molly --- 1 foul 3 points 3 assist 4 turnovers
Chong 1 foul 0 points 6 assits 0 turnovers.

B VA: WOW....now THAT is really breakin it DOWN! Gutsy....big grin here. Hope you didn't take a saw out on that limb with ya.....even if you're getting your own Christmas Tree.

Reaction Score
So Kia's on the bench with TLaw and Irwin?

CALP: not going to give out one of those extremely rare pregame SOUR BALLS here, as I don't think you intended anything bad. Without wanting to give away any personal info on any poster, I will say this to ALL here in the spirit of the season: keep in mind that some of the folks on this board have a helluva lot of wear on their tires. When the rest of you get to that point, I'm sure you'll join us in screwing up a bit more than you've been used to. Just a word to the wise and the caring.
Stay well.

Reaction Score
\\

Since Chong can't play replace Chong with Kia---We were resting Kia for the MD game. She has played too much--time to let they
young guys do all the running!!

B_VA: a pregame HUMOR BALL on that one.

Reaction Score
In honor of what we all hope and pray will be Win #85 in a row, I will call it 85-76 UConn. I'll say hell yes because of KLS, Gabby will be the diametric opposite of shabby, Napheesa will be a crowd "pleasa", Kia will be the one to Nurse the Huskies to Victory...and even without Chong, we don't go wrong. Look for some long-range missles from Crystal. And with a timely post move, that'll be the dagger from Natalie.

Go get'em! Failing some truly miserable luck, guys, we're gonna eek out a win over the Bickeyes...

ALEX: a FIRST.....a pregame "POET LAUREATE BALL

Reaction Score
the more I pick against them the better they play... so I'm saying UConn is a bit rusty and the OSU shooters keep them close the entire game.....UConn barely holds on 83-79...of course I would very much prefer to be proven wrong as usual....

CB: another pregame HUMOR BALL. Even your logo brings a smile.

Reaction Score
View attachment 17759

Here is the early voting. I want to congratulate DaddyChoc for wining the K-State forecast, as well as Charlieball and heavyhusky for losing out in the tiebreaker!

CT-T: a pregame THANK YOU BALL....in fact, lets give you two of em; always a welcome thing,eh? : you've been such a huge help with this thread, especially post-game when my wife and I haven't finished our game tape yet and can't give out the results of the competition.. And, good of you to add this additional shout-out to DC, CB, and HH on their prescience. I know you be unavailable at times, and we'll miss you at those times for sure.

Reaction Score
Hmmm. Let me think. Last year, we got Mitchell in early foul trouble, jumped on OSU, and they gave up. We had the DPOY. I think containing Mitchell may be tough this year. They like to score a lot and defend only a little. I'll pick UConn by 90-75. There may be some tense moments.

I think Crystal shines. I look for Lou and Pheesa to combine for 40+. I think Gabby will out-everything OSU.

MIL and others: wow, this second page of predictions if packed with a TON of good and interesting stuff, deserving of balls. Just dont have the time. Will just roll the balls out on the floor, and ask you to pick those that fit your good stuff here..

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
My Formula (MOV=UCLSa-UCpt=OSpt) x 1

Margin of Victory =19 (Equivalent to UCONN's Leading Scorer average)
Geno will try to slow down the game due to short bench so Uconn = 75 pts
Ohio State = 56

Gabby Williams 24 pts, 8 rb, 4 asst, 3 stls 2 blks **POG
Collier 14 pts, 6 rbs
KLS 16 pts, 4 rbs
Nurse 8 pts, 2 stls
Crystal Dangerfield 8 pts, 6 asst
Natalie, 7 pts, 6 rbs

Reaction Score
B_VA: a pregame HUMOR BALL on that one.[/QU

Winlots---Actually I was covering my forgetting Kia--I don't know why but I list the team and always forget Kia---
But the truth is Kia needs to rest--she has played basketball these last 3 years around the calendar without stop.
Even a kid has to have some rest--she may think she's the "energizer bunny" but she isn't . I love Kia but always forget
her.
So now she HAS to play and back up the loss of Chong--
B VA: WOW....now THAT is really breakin it DOWN! Gutsy....big grin here. Hope you didn't take a saw out on that limb with ya.....even if you're getting your own Christmas Tree.

Gutzy??? Heck no!. Probably more stupid than anything---there are REAL people with REAL knowledge on the By that can make a more intelligent assessment than this. It's an opinion and worth the air it's written on. But I think those numbers are easily achievable =if you swap Kia for Chong (since she can't play)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Seriously?????
As a heart attack

Acute-myocardial-infarction.jpg

Reaction Score
"Any given night...the best team in the world can be beaten"
Christian Laettner 1991

Trap game?

Reaction Score
Does my "prediction" not qualify for entry in your table?
I have to transfer all the predictions to spreadsheet, sort the data, and then convert it to a .jpeg so it is easy to read. By the time I do that, there are a few new forecasts. It looks like I skipped them, but I get them on the next pass. That's why Charlieball was not on the list either. All forecasts matter around here.

Reaction Score
My Formula (MOV=UCLSa-UCpt=OSpt) x 1

Margin of Victory =19 (Equivalent to UCONN's Leading Scorer average)
Geno will try to slow down the game due to short bench so Uconn = 75 pts
Ohio State = 56

Gabby Williams 24 pts, 8 rb, 4 asst, 3 stls 2 blks **POG
Collier 14 pts, 6 rbs
KLS 16 pts, 4 rbs
Nurse 8 pts, 2 stls
Crystal Dangerfield 8 pts, 6 asst
Natalie, 7 pts, 6 rbs

'm not much into set and subset or finger count--and I just started using a calculator---o--but it looks to me
that your players are scoring more than you suggest the score to finally be. Is this the sneaky way Uconn controls the scoring??

Reaction Score
"Any given night...the best team in the world can be beaten"
Christian Laettner 1991

Trap game?

I wouldn't consider this a trap game...............after all OSU is rated in the top 15 and they have a deep and talented team..........Mitchell can carry a team for an entire game plus they have skilled post players.........if they ever played half way decent defense and kept turnovers to a minimum, they could beat anybody...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom