Score Predictions 91-38

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess on how many empty seats tonight........My guess.........4900 empty seats

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you know, i don't know what to guess. i really thought we'd sprint past 90 vs. HC, but i suspect our offense will come in fits and starts this season and the loss of Maya may show up in big games more than easier games from the offensive perspective (in other words, replacing maya' offense is giong to be harder than at least I thought)...

i'm gonna guess 87-37

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
you know, i don't know what to guess. i really thought we'd sprint past 90 vs. HC, but i suspect our offense will come in fits and starts this season and the loss of Maya may show up in big games more than easier games from the offensive perspective (in other words, replacing maya' offense is giong to be harder than at least I thought)...

By later in the year, we should be able to replace Maya's points in the half court, once the freshmen get more experience and our team starts to solidify. Our biggest issue against better teams is going to be scoring in transition, partly because we need to first be strong on the defensive glass. Maya was so big in this respect, but also in others: getting the break started, getting out, finishing and assisting. She dominated in all phases of transition, often in ESPN Highlight fashion. I see a lot of good things from several current players in transition opportunities so far--Stef really gets out there and runs the floor well, Bria is always out ahead, Tiff is Fast&Furious as always--but no team without Maya Moore is as good as a team with Maya Moore when it comes to transition. Not the Huskies, not the Lynx, not Team USA--nobody. We will have to make up for it in other areas. C'est la vie.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
By later in the year, we should be able to replace Maya's points in the half court, once the freshmen get more experience and our team starts to solidify. Our biggest issue against better teams is going to be scoring in transition, partly because we need to first be strong on the defensive glass. Maya was so big in this respect, but also in others: getting the break started, getting out, finishing and assisting. She dominated in all phases of transition, often in ESPN Highlight fashion. I see a lot of good things from several current players in transition opportunities so far--Stef really gets out there and runs the floor well, Bria is always out ahead, Tiff is Fast&Furious as always--but no team without Maya Moore is as good as a team with Maya Moore when it comes to transition. Not the Huskies, not the Lynx, not Team USA--nobody. We will have to make up for it in other areas. C'est la vie.

Agreed. Whether it was the great rebound and outlet pass, running by opposing players, catching a pass in traffic, or putting up a finger roll when contested, no one did it like Maya.

maya-moore.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Last year in California, it was 85-42 (with Maya). Pacific is playing away and has lost 2 of theie best returning players. I think we play about like Sunday, with a little better offense and shooting from Kaleena. I like both DaddyChoc's and Alex's predictions. Alex is trying to run the table for the season. :)

I'll say 88-40, UConn.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
KML will hit at least one trey.
Stef will take at least ten shots.
Bria will have four or fewer turnovers.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Is it too late to get in...I've got UConn 136 - Pacific 50! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DaddyChoc has the high pick on the UConn score at 91 points. We have 68 at the half. Holy carp!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is it too late to get in...I've got UConn 136 - Pacific 50! :)
It's much better to put some post out there and then edit it. ;)

I don't think we'll go much over 125. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i don't know what UCONN will do in the 2nd half. i imagine they will score about 40 or so and end up at about 108 or so. even if they only work on half court and stop pressing, they will still whallop them. i do hope our defense continues to harrass them tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom