Score NONE for SNY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score NONE for SNY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shouldn't have to do all of this crazy troubleshooting to get online. I used to subscribe to Hoopstreams when I lived in PA, and it was one click and in, every game, no cache clearing, always had access to the game before the first tip.

Reaction Score
I was able to get the picture, but only the top 2/3rds of it. So I called SNY and eventually got a woman who was very helpful. Her suggested fix has not worked on this game, so I guess I will have to call back at some point, but what is worse, the video now is co choppy that it is almost unwatchable. It's as if you took a photo every 1-2 seconds and put that up on the screen and called play-by-play with it. By this time in the season, CPTV generally would have this worked out. Our best guess is that SNY is having a bandwidth problem, because the way it is showing up on the screen, it is not my computer.

Reaction Score
I had that choppiness last night--but only when trying to use a wireless laptop. Once I switched to the desktop, no problem. Not sure if things were corrected on their end or the difference in computer choice did matter . . . Top 2/3rd's of the picture isn't enough for the price they are charging.

Reaction Score
Once I get in the streaming is good, but I'm wired to the router. I haven't tried it on the laptop yet. Maybe next game.

Reaction Score
I rebooted and got rid of most of the choppiness. Still have not solved the screen size problem, though. Do not know why we should have to move heaven and earth to watch each game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
We finally got to watch about four minutes of live action, between 8 and 4 minutes to go. Disgusting.

Reaction Score
I had the same problem. The Live: Watch Now icon didn't appear until almost half way through the first half. It showed up before I could talk to anyone.
I cleared my browsing history as I was told to do Thursday, but this time it didn't help.

Reaction Score
I cleared my history and cache, then refreshed the page and the Watch appeared. I'm hoping I get it working soon next game.

Reaction Score
Some websites I have to switch browsers because they don't display well. Just a suggestion, not sure if it will help. I am fortunate to have SNY on my cable. We will try to keep a running recap going in the game thread.

I was told that I couldn't use Internet Exployer to view UCONN games on SNY. They suggested using Google Chrome, which luckily I have on my computer. It works fine with Google Chrome. Actually, Internet Exployer works fine for archived games. - Frank

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I tried both Firefox and Chrome, with equally bad results.

Reaction Score
Not looking good for me. Can't get any of the archived games to ;play more than a second or two.

I was in a hotel this week and the bandwidth must've been insufficient, because I was getting the same problem. At home with ATT U-Verse, no problems at all.

Reaction Score
I was told that I couldn't use Internet Exployer to view UCONN games on SNY. They suggested using Google Chrome, which luckily I have on my computer. It works fine with Google Chrome. Actually, Internet Exployer works fine for archived games. - Frank

I've been using Google Chrome exclusively...works fine with good bandwidth...

I did need to clear my cache to get the live feed today...

Reaction Score
Once again, never did get the game until after it was over, and TA DA..the WATCH icon magically appeared. We had no problem with the first 2 games, using IE7, and they playback fine THE NEXT DAY...This is getting very frustrating...

Reaction Score
One of the mystifying absence of features in Google Chrome is one to automatically clear your cache when you close your browser. You have to do it manually. I don't know if Internet Explorer has this option eaither, as we use IE 7 or 8 almost exclusively at work and when you call with a computer issue the first thing the help desk does is clear your internet cache. If this is such a common way to resolve issues, wouldn't you think this would be an option in browser settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom