School me about Hardwood floors.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

School me about Hardwood floors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
porcelain>>>>>ceramic, that's all you need to know about floor tile.

Reaction Score
in the process of doing something similar to the other guy... need tips on which flooring works best where in the kitchen, bathroom and washroom areas... For kitchens, you can run hardwood in it but I don't prefer that... which would be best and why: porcelain, ceramic, or travertene? same for the bathroom and washrooms...

And which is most cost effective and reliable?

Thanks!

Reaction Score
In a recent renovation I used engineered hardwood. It comes in different thicknesses and is ready to go out of the box, just have to leave it in room a few days before installing. Wider, longer planks look better. Use a good underlayment, don't skimp. Lowes has a Blue Hawk premium underlayment .098 inch which is great. Got flooring through American Carpet Wholesalers out of GA. Has all the name brands but about 20% cheaper than local stores. They deliver to your driveway, you bring inside. I'd use them again.

Reaction Score
Having redone 3 homes and about to do another I prefer using a really seasoned flooring guy and then working hard to get right price on good materials. Lumber liq people don't have any guidance to provide and it's a big purchase. I use Mark Marhefki from Heritage Floors in Torrington. They are inexpensive. He has done his own installations for 25 years. They do work all over the state.
HD, when using Heritage Floors, do they expect some haggling on the price?

Reaction Score
HD, when using Heritage Floors, do they expect some haggling on the price?
Yes. I have done some haggling on price with them. They are family owned and run
They stand behind their stuff and they compete on pricing. one of my offices shares a parking lot with them so I have gotten to really know them. We just bought a new home to renovate in Simsbury and we will be getting our flooring there. If you call ask for Mark. He is good guy. They have a nice size show room with lots of product in stock. I have worked with Lowe's and home Depot a lot on larger purchases and have always regretted It. I told him boneyard might be calling..

Reaction Score
Just FYI The phone number for Heritage Floors is 860-482-7639. They do free estimates and removal of old flooring. Their address is 1083 E Main St Torrington. Just down the road from Target and BJs or up the road from Rt 8. He told me he will offer a discount to anyone mentioning the boneyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom