scholarsip count | The Boneyard

scholarsip count

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i had a good thread last year going that had our next couple years planned out and we all figured it out with what we had and could do. recently 2 things have changed and the math in my head is not adding up. there is also a false answer going around in threads. lets clear this up.

11-12
1-dd(fr)
2-boat(fr)
3-gif(so)
4-wolf(so)
5-ty(so)
6-scoe(so)-transfers at end of year
7-bazz(so)
8-lamb(so)-nba draft
9-brad(fr or so)-transfers at end of year
10-ao(jr)- transfers at end of year
11-ncaa apr year 2 of 3
12-ncaa apr year 2 of 3
13-ncaa miles year 2 of 3
14-ad(fr-walkon)-nba draft
15-allen(fr-walkon)
-we had 4 ships to fill and 5 players leave

12-13
1-nolan(fr)
2-omar(fr)
3-tolk(fr)
4-dd(so)
5-boat(so)
6-gif(jr)
7-wolf(jr)
8-ty(jr)
9-bazz(jr)
10-evans(sr)
11-ncaa apr year 3 of 3
12-ncaa apr year 3 of 3
13-ncaa miles year 3 of 3
14-allen (so-walkon) ???-so allen moves into slot #11 for this year and back to #14 next year
-we filled the 4 ships with 3 fr and a sr(grad school) transfer
-now allen was just awarded a ship for this year. its just for this year, not for the rest of his time here at uconn. so the question is and i have yet to see it answered- where did that ship come from? did the ncaa give us one of the two apr ships back for good results/improvement? this was something we thought might happen(see ark fball for example recently) over the summer but we never heard news on it. if this is the case then thats fine but they didn't do it until recently then which is becuase it didnt give us a chance to recruit another player??!!

so for 13-14 we will have 4 ships right now to fill. #11, #12, #13 and #10. if any one goes pro or leaves then its more ships to fill which we wont know until next spring.

13-14
1-facey(fr)
2-sam(fr)
3-
4-
5-nolan(so)
6-omar(so)
7-tolk(so)
8-dd(jr)
9-boat(jr)
10-gif(sr)
11-wolf(sr)
12-ty(sr)
13-bazz(sr)
14-allen (so-walkon)

-based on this we need 2 more guys so far for this class. another big and a sg/sf would be best. if boat goes to the nba than another guard. if dd or some one else goes then a f/big would be the 5th add. if we can land bell next week that will leave us with 1 spot left for now. austin would be a great fit for that last spot. if we have someone leave(nba or transfer) then that 5th recruit will be interesting. NV has said he will sign late, maybe parker now also. it may be best for us to stay in the loop with those 2 and see what spring brings us, if we need a 5th they would be huge adds that make next years team a f4 threat right away. i would feel most comfortable if we locked up our 4 ships to use sooner then later and see what happen come spring.

-in 14-15 year we will have 4 ships to fill. more if guys leave but its way to early to be thinking that. right now i would guess that class would be a pg, sf, pf and center as of right now.

Reaction Score
Dan we got the 2 ships back for APR stuff. We are just down 1 now due to Nate Miles for 12-13. We will have our full 13 next year and I don't expect Allen to get one unless we can't find 2 more scholarships for next year or RB leaves for the NBA draft.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ok thanks, guess i missed that the ncaa was trying to be nice to us. thats screwed tho. they are willing to say yea u wernt that bad really so here are your ships back but the ban still happens. so if we got both ships back then another walkon should get 1 for this year also. wonder who else got 1. maybe ko will give it later in the year based on who earns it from the group.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ok thanks, guess i missed that the ncaa was trying to be nice to us. thats screwed tho. they are willing to say yea u wernt that bad really so here are your ships back but the ban still happens. so if we got both ships back then another walkon should get 1 for this year also. wonder who else got 1. maybe ko will give it later in the year based on who earns it from the group.

I think they were a little weary of having two different ongoing punishments for the same offense. Surprisingly reasonable since they were perfectly comfortable about two consecutive punishments for the same offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom