Scholarships for class of 2012? | The Boneyard

Scholarships for class of 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was wondering how many scholarships we will have for the 2012 class considering that Lamb, Alex, and Drummond will be gone and all of this APR stuff. At this point I think we might have three available but I'm not sure if we will get any back for APR

Reaction Score
Oriakhi is only a junior, so unless he blows up this year on offense, I don't think he will be leaving. And the Andre Drummond situation still needs to be figured out. Depending on the NBA discussions, AD could be here for 2 years. I'd say Jeremy leaving is the one definite possibility. So with Omar coming in to replace him, it all depends on the APR situation, so maybe we could have 1 or 2 extra schollies.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That's assuming those three leave ... which obviously isn't a given, but for the sake of conversation let's pretend it's true (not sure I see Alex, though)

Also, if the Bradley thing plays out, that will be an additional scholarship next year ... so it would be two.

There is also a chance, given an improvement in the APR, that the NCAA will grant a scholarship back like they have for schools in similar situations ... although I'm not sure how that changes now that the APR requirements have gotten even tighter.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Wolf or someone transfers so we have a chance at getting anthony Bennet. I saw him play and it kinda reminded me of Dejuan Blair who was dirty in college as you know

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No way of knowing how things play out next year. I'm still waiting for Andre to be cleared this season. That isn't a given.

Reaction Score
I never read the boneyard rules my bad. Maybe someone could send me a link

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I never read the boneyard rules my bad. Maybe someone could send me a link

No worries. I think HuskyNan might have them somewhere. There ain't too many for the men's board.

The real reason for this particular rule is we sometimes have players family members read the board, and it's not fair to them or to the kids to be tossing their names around (when it's only idle speculation).

Helps keep bashing of kids from getting out of hand too.

Reaction Score
Sike. New collective bargaining agreement means Andre and Oriahki (obviously) will be back for 12-13.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Sike. New collective bargaining agreement means Andre and Oriahki (obviously) will be back for 12-13.

That's another wrench ... who knows what the new CBA will say about the college guys. I doubt it will prevent guys like Oriakhi from leaving after their junior year, but who knows, it could spell another year for guys like Andre.

Reaction Score
That's another wrench ... who knows what the new CBA will say about the college guys. I doubt it will prevent guys like Oriakhi from leaving after their junior year, but who knows, it could spell another year for guys like Andre.
Ya...but fact is Oriahki just isn't that good. At least not good enough to jump a year early to the NBA. Needs to get his degree so he could be successful in life.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Ya...but fact is Oriahki just isn't that good. At least not good enough to jump a year early to the NBA. Needs to get his degree so he could be successful in life.

Well that's a little harsh no? I mean I don't think at this point he's ready for the jump, but it's certainly possible he could make the strides necessary this year ... however unlikely. But that's not to say he wouldn't be ready after his senior year.

Reaction Score
Well that's a little harsh no? I mean I don't think at this point he's ready for the jump, but it's certainly possible he could make the strides necessary this year ... however unlikely. But that's not to say he wouldn't be ready after his senior year.
If you think Alex Oriahki is another Reggie Evans you're highly mistaken. Dude just does not have the tenacity and will that a player like a Reggie Evans may have on the NBA level. Oriahki needs to get rid of his baby face, grow up and starts playing like a man if he ever wants to get an nba contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom