Scholarship....yes! Now...maybe not! [Iona] | The Boneyard

Scholarship....yes! Now...maybe not! [Iona]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wow, I see a lawsuit in the schools future.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
There may be more to the story than is disclosed in the Post article. But taking the article at face value, what an incredibly creepy way for adults in positions of authority to treat a young woman. They should go out of their way to encourage and support her, not use their own failures to stymie her. Adults who do awful things like this should be held publicly accountable.

Reaction Score
Do you ever wonder how things get to this point?

If I'm looking at a $200,000 Scholarship for my kiddo, I'm following up EVERY day, dotting every "I" and crossing every "T" . You know what they say about "ASSUME"? Assume NOTHING!

The article sounds like somebody screwed up the paperwork (and this is exactly the kind of thing that can happen ) - It'll be interesting to see this plays out. I hope the student doesn't become the victim.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I believe that there has to be more to this story. It makes no sense that a school administration would screw up a transcript submittal, a possibility, and then ignore what should be a matter of faxing the missing documents. I suppose it's possible that the school records are missing or screwed up and the school is trying to fix it.

My guess (based on nothing) is that there may indeed be some academic eligibility issue.

Reaction Score
Do you ever wonder how things get to this point?

If I'm looking at a $200,000 Scholarship for my kiddo, I'm following up EVERY day, dotting every "I" and crossing every "T" . You know what they say about "ASSUME"? Assume NOTHING!

The article sounds like somebody screwed up the paperwork (and this is exactly the kind of thing that can happen ) - It'll be interesting to see this plays out. I hope the student doesn't become the victim.
Cause when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me

Jim

Reaction Score
Canarsie High School is near Jamaica Bay and was certainly in the Hurricane Sandy flood zone. Possibly storm damage caused missing/destroyed documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom