2022 Recruiting: - Scholarship #13 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Scholarship #13

Reaction Score
UConn has one more open scholarship for this upcoming season and while it’s possible the Huskies will keep it open, they also may fill it some time soon — possibly with another international player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nba Playoffs Sport GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
Brandon Williams
Williams is 2023 and just came out and said he's either going to UCLA or St. John's. We aren't recruiting him.

Borges' comment makes me think he knows something...not sure if it would be another international guy who is completely off the radar, or if he is considering Singare international and a re-class is a possibility. Would be sort of weird though since he's playing h.s. ball in the states.

Reaction Score
Won't be Castle.

Castle, who committed to UConn in November, wants to lead Newton High to its first Georgia boys AAAAAAA state championship. That’s a big reason why he isn’t expected to reclassify and join the Huskies’ program at some point this season, as other recent players (Akok Akok, Corey Floyd Jr., Alex Karaban) have done.

“I thought about it,” he confessed, “but I kind of want to finish my high school season for my teammates.”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Does Jokić have any eligibility left? I feel like that would put us over the top.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Unless if is a real stud, keep the scolarship open in case anyone wants to join in December

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Won't be Castle.

Castle, who committed to UConn in November, wants to lead Newton High to its first Georgia boys AAAAAAA state championship. That’s a big reason why he isn’t expected to reclassify and join the Huskies’ program at some point this season, as other recent players (Akok Akok, Corey Floyd Jr., Alex Karaban) have done.

“I thought about it,” he confessed, “but I kind of want to finish my high school season for my teammates.”

Too many A’s.

Reaction Score
Williams is 2023 and just came out and said he's either going to UCLA or St. John's. We aren't recruiting him.

Borges' comment makes me think he knows something...not sure if it would be another international guy who is completely off the radar, or if he is considering Singare international and a re-class is a possibility. Would be sort of weird though since he's playing h.s. ball in the states.
you know what guys i apologize i meant to say stewart

Reaction Score
Heard we were definitely utilizing last scholarship this semester and that it would be an international player (Guard). Have not been able to find any information in the days since I heard the news, so no clue if accurate. I won't share his name since there has been no news but I will say it is one I have not seen on The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Heard we were definitely utilizing last scholarship this semester and that it would be an international player (Guard). Have not been able to find any information in the days since I heard the news, so no clue if accurate. I won't share his name since there has been no news but I will say it is one I have not seen on The Boneyard.
Interesting. Coincides with Borges hinting at another possible international player and another poster (forget who) saying something similar about an international player other than Hasson.

When do classes start? How late can someone enroll? If this is still going to happen, it’s gotta be really soon.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Coincides with Borges hinting at another possible international player and another poster (forget who) saying something similar about an international player other than Hasson.

When do classes start? How late can someone enroll? If this is still going to happen, it’s gotta be really soon.
Classes started this week, last day to enroll is September 12th (a week from Monday)

Reaction Score
UConn men’s basketball adds second international player, Apostolos Roumoglou from Greece

Hurley noted that he wants to continue recruiting internationally, but begin earlier in future years to help find top talent.

Hurley spent the last month on Zoom calls with Roumoglou and watching film. He never saw Roumoglou or Hasson play in person until they arrived on campus.

UConn already has a talented roster, so Roumoglou and Hasson will mostly be expected to help the team in practices as they get comfortable in their new surroundings.

“We already know we can play 10 right here,” Hurley said, “and the 10th guy may even deserve a little bit more than he’s gonna get. At the minimum here we know we’ve got 10 that have a chance to battle for top-nine minutes or top-eight minutes or whatever. It’s the most competitive top-10 that we’ve had since I’ve been here.”

Roumoglou did not play with the team Friday as he still needs to pass a physical and a medical exam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom