Schiano will be available Friday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Schiano will be available Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"A Schiano Man only takes orders from 3 things: His stomach, his c*ck, & Bill Belichick"

Reaction Score
"If torpedoing kneel-down plays was Schiano's lone controversial quirk, this would hardly be cause for an internal tune-out of his leadership. So far this season, however, Schiano has compromised his standing by jettisoning his starting quarterback, Josh Freeman, under circumstances many in the locker room perceived as shady." ---LMAO.

The bucs owners are so reactionary. After Mike Tomlin's success they hire Raheem Morris, after Harbaugh's successful jump from college to the pro's they Hire Shady.
This guy was a great recruiter. Good luck with that now given how his tire fire in Tampa continues to play out. Good news is, he is becoming so toxic I can't see any AD hiring him to a college job right away. Working for Bill B in New England may be as good as it is going to get for him.

Reaction Score
I wanted to run onto the field and kick him in the nuts after the bush league dives at the knees they did us a couple years ago.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Josh Freeman's recent actions makes Shady look a little better, IMO.

Reaction Score
This article (a subset of the HM link) not only goes into many reasons why Schiano shouldn't even be on our list, but also drops the "pull a Petrino" quote, lambasting yet another coach that, while I like the 'get a good coach that has some issues but may be worth giving a second chance to', I don't think should be on our candidate list at all.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ng-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style

Reaction Score
Hiring GS would be the equivalent of Bumping GDL to UCONN head coach. Sounds as if they are almost one in the same.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys, but if Schiano is available and he brings Hafley and another top recruiter he needs to be in the mix. Whatever his faults, he provided a recruiting base which helped Rutgers get into the b1g. To compare him to gdl is a gross overstatement. Kids wanted to play for him, pro's not so much. Kids from ny, pa and nj signed up with him. These are the areas we need to mine for talent.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Could the bloom be off the rose after his NFL stint? I mean in the minds of potential recruits.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys, but if Schiano is available and he brings Hafley and another top recruiter he needs to be in the mix. Whatever his faults, he provided a recruiting base which helped Rutgers get into the b1g. To compare him to gdl is a gross overstatement. Kids wanted to play for him, pro's not so much. Kids from ny, pa and nj signed up with him. These are the areas we need to mine for talent.

We need someone who can coach up our existing talent, Schiano is not that guy. He would come in just like P and tell us the cupboard is bare and it will take 5 years to rebuild and he won't be able to get the recruits that he got at Rutgers, not with Rutgers in the B1G.

Hiring Schiano would be like hiring P all over again (remember P was brought in for his recruiting prowess) with the added bonus that 3/4 of our fan base already hates Schiano.

For God sakes we need to hire a strong X's and O's guy this time around not a slick/phony recruiter who is a doofus/jackass on the sideline.

Recruiting will not save us, quality coaching will. Hiring a "recruiter" is putting the cart before the horse. Recruits want to play for a good coach not a used car salesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom